Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   can't open inventory while healing (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134266114)

bloodykiller 03-29-2012 04:55 PM

can't open inventory while healing

When you eat a donut, cheese or anything else that heals over time you can't open your inventory for the time that you're healing + some additional seconds (a total of 20-30seconds i'd say). If you keep ur inventory open after u eat food, it'll stay open (without being able to close it) for those 20-30seconds, blocking your visual and making it impossible to PK since your inventory is open in front of ur character.
I see no reason for food to act like this..fill me in if u think there actually is a reason.

Tim_Rocks 03-29-2012 06:17 PM

You're just now noticing? It's been like this for the past year. Pretty sure it was added (not by me) to prevent people from running and healing.

taylor 03-29-2012 06:20 PM

In reality you should be able to sit down with a nice cup of coffee and a donut, chill out and reminisce about the "good ol' times"... What the **** has this Era world come to.

Duffe 03-29-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodykiller (Post 1690354)
When you eat a donut, cheese or anything else that heals over time you can't open your inventory for the time that you're healing + some additional seconds (a total of 20-30seconds i'd say). If you keep ur inventory open after u eat food, it'll stay open (without being able to close it) for those 20-30seconds, blocking your visual and making it impossible to PK since your inventory is open in front of ur character.
I see no reason for food to act like this..fill me in if u think there actually is a reason.

you talk too much

Dragon551 03-29-2012 09:05 PM

I added it a long time ago, during Vulcans management. It freezes your inventory to prevent you from abusing a glitch allowing you to heal constantly while walking (I think that was the correct glitch). Or something like that, it was a whole back so I don't remember anything about it. Why are you complaining about it now?

Tim_Rocks 03-29-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon551 (Post 1690380)
Why are you complaining about it now?

He needs something to complain about.

"Hmm, what can I complain about today?" - TK everyday.

Supaman771 03-29-2012 09:18 PM

Pull a Smasher/Masa and just hot-key your donuts/bow/AC/etc.

bloodykiller 03-30-2012 12:06 AM

i never said this was new, i simply said that it's useless. after i eat a donut i can't take out artillery cannon or any other non-hotkeyable item.

Dragon551 03-30-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodykiller (Post 1690420)
i never said this was new

No one said you did, we just don't understand why you're complaining 1~ year after it was released.

bloodykiller 03-30-2012 01:21 AM

luckily u don't work for era anymore, this was probably 1 of the stupid things u added so it'd be best if it was removed since it seems pointless to me

Dragon551 03-30-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodykiller (Post 1690434)
luckily u don't work for era anymore, this was probably 1 of the stupid things u added so it'd be best if it was removed since it seems pointless to me

I still work for Era, silly. Also, you say everything I made was stupid geez make up your mind. I made you anyways /zsnap

Fiberwyre_P2P 03-30-2012 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1690357)
You're just now noticing? It's been like this for the past year. Pretty sure it was added (not by me) to prevent people from running and healing.

It really is stupid. That was added before the new food system was added (i.e. food that expressly lets you run and heal.)

Dragon551 03-30-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P (Post 1690456)
It really is stupid. That was added before the new food system was added (i.e. food that expressly lets you run and heal.)

The inventory freezer? No it wasn't :oo: Well maybe on some foods but not all of them, I noticed foods gave different flags to the players and the inventory system used about 20 different ones to freeze/disable itself so not every food item would have the same effect.

salesman 03-30-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon551 (Post 1690380)
I added it a long time ago, during Vulcans management. It freezes your inventory to prevent you from abusing a glitch allowing you to heal constantly while walking (I think that was the correct glitch). Or something like that, it was a whole back so I don't remember anything about it. Why are you complaining about it now?

so instead of fixing the problem you just prevent people from using their inventory?

I'm glad bloodykiller brought this up because I meant to back when I first noticed it.

Dragon551 03-30-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesman (Post 1690469)
so instead of fixing the problem you just prevent people from using their inventory?

I'm glad bloodykiller brought this up because I meant to back when I first noticed it.

The fact that they were using their inventory was the problem to begin with. I find the whole idea of moving and healing stupid anyways to be honest, there were instances where a player would die and they happen to die right when they gain 5 hp and would just get back up again. No one has reslly complained about it before so I figured it wasn't that big of a deal, you'd think after a year of it happening you would at least mention it if it annoyed you.