Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   method to determine if client is minimised (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269284)

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 06-08-2014 02:23 PM

method to determine if client is minimised

hello!

i would really like to be able to determine whether players have their client minimised, one method i am aware of is the global variable 'isapplicationactive', however this is also set to true whenever you have focus applied to the playerlist or other external gui windows

can there be a method to determine for definite whether the client is minimised rather than just inactive?

thank you!

Admins 06-12-2014 03:59 AM

I think for external windows you can use "minimized" and also bounds etc. but not sure for the main window

Emera 06-12-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1728021)
I think for external windows you can use "minimized" and also bounds etc. but not sure for the main window

There's no way to directly reference the main window, so nope.

Rave_J 06-15-2014 05:46 PM

Why do you want to know if peoples graal client is minimized ? I don't think its none of graal or any player business to be honest if a program on a person computer is minimized.

cyan3 06-15-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1728118)
Why do you want to know if peoples graal client is minimized ? I don't think its none of graal or any player business to be honest if a program on a person computer is minimized.

It might be useful for some game mechanics, for example, some games allow you to disable sound when the window is minimised.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 06-15-2014 06:00 PM

so that when your client is minimised you are treated as if paused and cant be damaged

Rave_J 06-18-2014 01:02 AM

isn't their a built in paused key (pressed P)

Problem solved!

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 06-18-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1728155)
isn't their a built in paused key (pressed P)

Problem solved!

hello!

i shall assume you are not socially competent enough to have experienced friends contacting you in such a way that steals focus from the client window in the middle of a contest

PhantosP2P 06-18-2014 04:17 PM

No need to be a jerk, Jack. I think explaining the intent of use for any code is a good first step, I was sort of curious what this would be used for, as well!

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 06-18-2014 04:28 PM

did you not think Rave_J was being a jerk?

Gos_pira 06-18-2014 05:15 PM

Rave_J always posts a bunch of nonchalant nonsense, which is tiring. His post isn't helping the cause.

A possibility to add scripting for minimize/restore events would be useful.

PhantosP2P 06-18-2014 10:21 PM

Oh I didn't think Rave J was pretty sarcastic or anything, hmm, that's unfortunate too.

Rave_J 06-25-2014 12:52 AM

I wasn't being rude or anything, I would want to know why a game would want to check to see if the program is minimize. I honestly feel that graal shouldn't be able to check for the program to minimize due if you can check that what else can you check on a person computer?

You say that you want to use the program so if it is minimize then you auto pause but I stated that their was a paused key and if people are too lazy to use it then that's a player problem not a game problem. (If you are on Era then go into a no pk zone).

I do get a lot of pm's on graal (I am a very important person) but, just because I have pms flashing doesn't mean I answer them asap. If I am in a event then I would wait till I was done. The f7 player list doesn't auto lock onto the player list when a pm comes in from the main window. I think this feature would be useless.

scriptless 06-26-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1728322)
if you can check that what else can you check on a person computer?

Only whatever stefan allows you to check on a computer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1728322)
You say that you want to use the program so if it is minimize then you auto pause but I stated that their was a paused key and if people are too lazy to use it then that's a player problem not a game problem. (If you are on Era then go into a no pk zone).

Well Imagine this. You are playing a server which you can't pause. A cutscene is happening but you minimize the window. Would be cool if it could know to pause the cutscene, right? This is just 1 example since it's probably easiest for me to explain.

Also, good to note that if the window is closed, you may decide certain scripts don't need to be running until reopened which can be helpful. Even disabling certain sounds.

Cubical 06-27-2014 02:53 PM

watch out they are stealing ur bank info