Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

coreys 04-13-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1567980)
So why did you post at all, and try to describe the error, which sounded nothing at all like TSA's screenshot?

So why don't you calm down and try to help him instead of attacking him?

Twinny 04-14-2010 07:08 AM

I've downloaded and compiled boost 1.42 but I'm still failing dependencies. Needing

libboost_filesystem-mt-1_41.so.1.41.0
libboost_system-mt-1_41.so.1.41.0

while I have

/usr/local/lib/libboost_filesystem.so.1.42.0
/usr/local/lib/libboost_system.so.1.42.0

I specified to include all libraries in bootstrap...how do I build the -mt variant of these libraries? Running Ubuntu 64-bit with Lucid repository but downloaded source since repository version is at 1.40 atm

Trak 04-14-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1569025)
So why don't you calm down and try to help him instead of attacking him?

Thanks ^^

Fry 04-29-2010 11:36 AM

Eh okay, it's been a while, but this version should at least not exit with an error on old graphics cards, but instead will just look really ugly.
That's because apparently Intel cards and really old (<2001) graphics cards don't support textures with a size other than powers of two so the texture has to be rescaled. There's solutions to that so it won't look that bad, but it's all a bit hackish but I'll do it at some point (unless someone else wants to..).

Posted it in the wrong thread at first...

Draenin 05-10-2010 02:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Uhm, with the newest version, I get some weird vertical lines going down the screen, even when I take a screenshot and everything. I'm not using an old card (a GTX 260, actually) but I am currently running Windows 7, which is probably responsible. Any chance of a quick fix for that?

coreys 05-10-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1575146)
Uhm, with the newest version, I get some weird vertical lines going down the screen, even when I take a screenshot and everything. I'm not using an old card (a GTX 260, actually) but I am currently running Windows 7, which is probably responsible. Any chance of a quick fix for that?

32 or 64 bit? Because I don't get that on 32-bit Windows 7. If you haven't already, you could try updating your drivers.

Draenin 05-10-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1575147)
32 or 64 bit? Because I don't get that on 32-bit Windows 7. If you haven't already, you could try updating your drivers.

64-bit. (Surprise, surprise.)

Installed the latest nforce drivers. Works like a charm. :D

coreys 05-10-2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1575148)
64-bit. (Surprise, surprise.)

Installed the latest nforce drivers. Works like a charm. :D

The go-to solution ;)

napo_p2p 05-12-2010 08:59 AM

Works great on a Mac (so far). Nice work :).

DarkIceX 05-31-2010 03:44 AM

I've been using the latest version of Gonstruct and noticed a few issues.

1) When you right click to copy+drag a tile on any layer above layer 0, it just does a regular drag the first time you do it and you have to move it one tile off and put it back where it was before you can actually copy+drag it away without deleting the tile from that spot.

2) I'm not sure if this is the way Gonstruct is handling layers or if Its a problem with the server, but I am currently using layers and sometimes when I save a level, it'll randomly place a whole bunch of ghost tiles. What I mean is the image of a tile will be there, but it will not block you, even if it is a tile that SHOULD block you. Also when you open up the level, it is not in Gonstruct either, it is only there online. I've tried deleting and reuploading the level and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I've also tried saving over, updating, reconnecting, restart graal but the only thing that's worked is deleting and reuploading and that doesn't work every time.

3) There are quite a few things missing that I liked in the default editor, such as picking up a tile and holding the left mouse button to drag do a paint-brush like effect and being able to do a right click fill. However I'm guessing those are planned so I'll forget about that.

If you could give me some info on the first two, Itd be much appreciated.
Other than that, I'm really loving the editor and even with the few little glitches and such it is still an editor that is superior to the default in almost every way.

Thanks.

Edit: #2 appears to be a display issue and nothing to do with Gonstruct.

Fry 06-12-2010 07:07 PM

Hey, sorry it took so long to respond. I added the first and third issue to the issue tracker on GitHub, the second looks like one side (Gonstruct or the server) is using a different tileset, as you said. I definitely agree that the tileset dialog is awful, that's one of the things that need work, which I'm probably going to get to at some point in the future, along with the other issues :)

Darklux 06-12-2010 07:22 PM

Could you add a sort of small preselection window? Level editors could add the tiles they need in a level into it and it could maybe open as small window on right click inside the level? :)

Deas_Voice 06-25-2010 10:51 PM

seems like you forgot to add a file, but idk, posted the full "make" part anyhow.

http://pastebin.com/eEMsKiP0

Fry 06-25-2010 11:30 PM

Oh hm looks like you downloaded the tarball and it didn't preserve attributes. You're going to have to make the make_images.rb file executable and install ruby (if you haven't already, but i guess you did, otherwise the configure script should've complained) and then try again.

Deas_Voice 06-26-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry (Post 1584091)
Oh hm looks like you downloaded the tarball and it didn't preserve attributes. You're going to have to make the make_images.rb file executable and install ruby (if you haven't already, but i guess you did, otherwise the configure script should've complained) and then try again.

doesnt make any difference. :\