Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Levels Artist willing to help on worthwhile projects. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257641)

Silent48 01-13-2010 05:59 AM

Levels Artist willing to help on worthwhile projects.

Hey, my name is Silent, I've been around on graal for a while, a bit over 5 years. I've worked on many servers ranging from: Graal X (for those of you who remember, it was the promising new modern server which most current servers are leeching off of) to Ol' West to Zodiac.
I consider myself experienced and talented and I am willing to help on any worthwhile projects. I work with both modern and classic tilesets, equally experienced in both. If you're in need of a decent Level's Artist simply reply to this post with your project and the current status/state of it.

Looking forward to any responses :]

WhiteDragon 01-13-2010 06:53 AM

Is this like level consulting or something?

Maybe you'd do better if you posted some.... you know, levels?

Silent48 01-13-2010 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1550128)
Is this like level consulting or something?

Maybe you'd do better if you posted some.... you know, levels?

I help with whatever anyone needs. I can help with level consulting, tips, help with actual servers, etc. Didn't really think you'd need examples of my work but it isnt a problem. Here are a couple of levels I've made, one for Graal X (was featured on the server) and for Zodiac back when I was applying for a Level's Position (was accepted).

**Also have various references.

Imperialistic 01-13-2010 08:53 AM

Interested on working on N-Pulse Rebirth?
Send me a Forum PM.

FaLLChiLD 01-14-2010 01:51 AM

Not to derail, but are you even capable of tiling trees together? (Just curious b/c 'Zodiac' screen shot).

Silent48 01-14-2010 01:59 AM

Yes. Took less time to just add the image npc, and that was merely a tryout level. Makes more sense to pay attention the overall quality and detail of the level then to spend time tiling the trees.

maximus_asinus 01-14-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent48 (Post 1550299)
Yes. Took less time to just add the image npc, and that was merely a tryout level. Makes more sense to pay attention the overall quality and detail of the level then to spend time tiling the trees.

when plastering tree images within a level it detracts from said quality and detail.

Silent48 01-14-2010 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1550330)
when plastering tree images within a level it detracts from said quality and detail.

Doesn't really make sense considering it looks exactly the same, leaving me with extra time to work on more important areas of detail such as the grass detailing, path detailing, etc.

Plus the goal of any LAT is to produce decent, quality work at a efficient pace. There is NOTHING wrong with that level, you're just picking at things to argue about. The level looks great, detailed, and I can tell you from experience, being LAT Admin for a few hosted servers that I'd rather be efficient and produce quality work rather than waste time on finding myself unneeded and irrelevant work to slow me down.

maximus_asinus 01-14-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent48 (Post 1550333)
Doesn't really make sense considering it looks exactly the same, leaving me with extra time to work on more important areas of detail such as the grass detailing, path detailing, etc.

Plus the goal of any LAT is to produce decent, quality work at a efficient pace. There is NOTHING wrong with that level, you're just picking at things to argue about. The level looks great, detailed, and I can tell you from experience, being LAT Admin for a few hosted servers that I'd rather be efficient and produce quality work rather than waste time on finding myself unneeded and irrelevant work to slow me down.

From a LAT that pays extreme attention to detail, I can safely say that the level is far from great. It actually lacks detail. I don't care to break down everything that is wrong with it (though I could if you wish), I was supporting the fact that tossing trees in like that does not look good. It is a lazy attempt at tiling, it detracts from level quality.

I don't really want to argue with you though, if using images is your preference who am I to challenge you on it.

DarkCloud_PK 01-14-2010 09:24 AM

your levels look terrible

Crow 01-14-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK (Post 1550353)
your levels look terrible

I'd have to agree here.

Frankie 01-14-2010 06:50 PM

the first level is practically an exact copy of the neotech building on Era that Dargaro made.

the second level is pretty decent, but then again I don't really know anything about leveling with classic tilesets, so I can see why everyone else thinks otherwise.

FaLLChiLD 01-15-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent48 (Post 1550333)

You're grass layering makes no sense in several places, along with tile errors. Your cliff tiling looks rushed and unpretty. Random hedge things placed around, no real point for them. Otherwise random space filler tiling to take up space. Doesn't really appear that the extra time is doing it's job, I could nit pick every single little detail. As you can see from other posts, it is pretty important to tile your trees.

Immolate 01-15-2010 10:33 PM

Other than showing us mediocre levels and having experience at mediocre playerworlds, why should I be interested?

Vima 01-16-2010 12:12 AM

I think he's quite good, he has potential. If you're desperately in need of a LAT he could easily be morphed to making whatever kind of style you want to. Personally the only things I dislike in the levels are the grass detail and you using trees images. Aswell as some tile errors.

If you are not "good enough" for these demanding guys, why not try to apply for Classic tab servers? If you were to practice leveling a few weeks, im confident that you are a very good candidate to work for an classic tab server.