Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphic Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Alien - wowzers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43542)

MadWolf 03-17-2003 11:57 PM

Alien - wowzers

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, this is my latest project. I have been neglecting my duties on Bravo and my personal project to do this, but now that I'm done I will start doing more work. This really isn't graal related, but rate it please.

This was a big change from my original style, I was trying to add more depth to the shading etc, I found a very helpful tutorial to help me learn how to do this kind of pixel. I only had trouble at first with getting the outline done, but now I think I have it down to the button. Hopefully most of my new stuff will be using this style of shading since I had some nasty comments on my other works (choo choo ;x) which I agree was pretty bad.

DarkDragoon_Lloyd 03-18-2003 12:38 AM

Yes!
More proof that you are one of the most important parts of the Bravo team!
Your Graphics are never below perfect!

Kaiser2 03-18-2003 01:48 AM

It's good, but it looks like it's wearing sandals :p

AlexH 03-18-2003 01:50 AM

The top part of the legs seem very flat, the thigh area, and not as detailed as the rest of the image.
Other than that it looks great.

tlf288 03-18-2003 02:10 AM

The shading is wonderful, fix the feet and it is perfect.

azuretek23 03-18-2003 10:17 PM

everythings good but the gun and the upper leg

Devil 03-18-2003 10:26 PM

I like, just fix up some of the things other people suggested ;)

evilive 03-18-2003 11:15 PM

The gun seems a bit.... out of place. Perhaps it's the shading and style. It's a bit too wide if you ask me. Thin up the barrel and it could be better. On another note, the feet seem too flat as well, giving the appearance that he's wearing sandals, which I'm sure he's not. Other than that, nice pose and very nifty shading. I'll have to take a closer look to be exactly sure :P

*Added*
Alright, took a more detailed look here. I don't want to sound critical, so I guess just tell me if what you were going for was a more abstract lifeform. In any case, the legs are out of proportion, this being a little bit due to the lower legs being much much thicker than the upper, giving a kind of... wierd appearance. If at all possible, just move the large sections up to the upper leg, and viola!

The second thing is a little less critical in proportion, but it takes away some balance. On the left hip, the pelvis juts out too far upwise. This being because on the right hand side, the waist is connected. :\

Once again, sorry if I sound too critical, but just being a good guy here :grin:

azuretek23 03-18-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by evilive
The gun seems a bit.... out of place. Perhaps it's the shading and style. It's a bit too wide if you ask me. Thin up the barrel and it could be better. On another note, the feet seem too flat as well, giving the appearance that he's wearing sandals, which I'm sure he's not. Other than that, nice pose and very nifty shading. I'll have to take a closer look to be exactly sure :P

*Added*
Alright, took a more detailed look here. I don't want to sound critical, so I guess just tell me if what you were going for was a more abstract lifeform. In any case, the legs are out of proportion, this being a little bit due to the lower legs being much much thicker than the upper, giving a kind of... wierd appearance. If at all possible, just move the large sections up to the upper leg, and viola!

The second thing is a little less critical in proportion, but it takes away some balance. On the left hip, the pelvis juts out too far upwise. This being because on the right hand side, the waist is connected. :\

Once again, sorry if I sound too critical, but just being a good guy here :grin:

all of that sounded right to me, but then again no one knows if that is what he was aiming for...

MadWolf 03-18-2003 11:54 PM

Uhh... you lost me on all of that =/

BTW, I guess the feet are flat, his feet are webbed.

evilive 03-19-2003 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MadWolf
Uhh... you lost me on all of that =/

BTW, I guess the feet are flat, his feet are webbed.

Lol... just read through it slowly if I lost you.... dunno if I can make it simpler than it is now.

In any case, what I meant by the feet being flat is that you show evidence of toes, but there's a strip that looks like the edge of a sandal. :\

LordZen 03-19-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Well, I dont think he did anything that needs to be corrected on that part. Notice how his arms are not centered, but are more to one side since he is holding that pistol. The hip sticks out farther on one side because his right arm (left to us) is off center and covering where the other hip would be.

I do agree on the feet thing, looks funky.

evilive 03-20-2003 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LordZen

Well, I dont think he did anything that needs to be corrected on that part. Notice how his arms are not centered, but are more to one side since he is holding that pistol. The hip sticks out farther on one side because his right arm (left to us) is off center and covering where the other hip would be.

I do agree on the feet thing, looks funky.

I've studied analogies for body proportions and such, and it doesn't shift the muscles that much to have something jut out like that. There's still skin there too.

MadWolf 03-20-2003 02:43 AM

Quote:

I've studied analogies for body proportions and such, and it doesn't shift the muscles that much to have something jut out like that. There's still skin there too.

You do know he's an Alien right?:p

evilive 03-20-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MadWolf

You do know he's an Alien right?:p

lol Yes I do :P Which is why I said I was sorry if I was saying this and you already had your mind made up of what it looked like and all that :P