Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Account info transfer (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66701)

excaliber7388 06-16-2006 04:20 AM

Account info transfer

Okay, here's an idea.
I dislike my account name, and I'd like to change it.
But that would mean getting a new account, transfering ownership of my server, items, rights, etc to this new account.
Why not just allow account name changes?
Not as easy as setnick, but you'd have to send in an email request, you'd be notified, confirm, etc. And it would also have to update rights, ban info, etc.
Wouldn't that be easier?

Loriel 06-16-2006 04:29 AM

Only if scripters get a system to refer to an account name that will still be valid after you change it.

excaliber7388 06-16-2006 04:39 AM

Maybe a dual ID thingy, you can run on both account names, but only one is displayed.

Crono 06-16-2006 04:43 AM

By tradition account names are just that, the name of your account and cannot be changed. >:[ it would be stupid if it was changeable, no other game that I know of does this.

Loriel 06-16-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami
By tradition account names are just that, the name of your account and cannot be changed. >:[ it would be stupid if it was changeable, no other game that I know of does this.

Most other games do not display your account name in game, though.

Also: lol @ stupid people choosing retarded accout names

Crono 06-16-2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel
Most other games do not display your account name in game, though.

Doesn't matter =[ they still dont let you change the account name.

Quote:

Also: lol @ stupid people choosing retarded accout names
Wasn't it Nem who said he deleted all the retarded account names and someone came out and said "What about Tseng?"

Warcaptain 06-16-2006 05:59 AM

What is really dumb is all these people that still use Blahblah_P2P crap

I remember this from back in the day where people wanted to share accounts and they didnt want people to have access to their classic account.

So everyone you see with a %_P2P account probably wanted to account share ;)

VulcanP2P 06-16-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warcaptain
What is really dumb is all these people that still use Blahblah_P2P crap

I remember this from back in the day where people wanted to share accounts and they didnt want people to have access to their classic account.

So everyone you see with a %_P2P account probably wanted to account share ;)

Lies. Actually, I only put P2P in mine because *Vulcan wouldn't register correctly. Now that I have the account I can't get the information transfered because there is simply too much.

To make a system to do this would be complicated. It would require transfering your forum account, account time, guilds, etc. That is probably the main reason Graal doesn't do these requests...not because they want you to go and make a new account but because the systems are not made so you can just change one thing and the name is changed. You have to change multiple things.

Elk 06-16-2006 01:41 PM

Lol :) Stefan transfered my Onlinehours ingame once
^_~

@Loriel: yea you are right "Loriel" ;)!

Maniaman 06-16-2006 02:19 PM

Actually I don't think it would be extremely hard.

NPC Code:
UPDATE accounts SET accountname='newaccount' WHERE accountname='oldaccount'

of course you would have to run that for every table in the database, which probably isn't the funnest thing in the world.

Bl0nkt 06-16-2006 06:57 PM

May I request I_Love_Jesus?

Zero Hour 06-16-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl0nkt
May I request I_Love_Jesus?

I've already got dibbs on "jesus_u".

excaliber7388 06-16-2006 10:37 PM

I'm thinking of Exc4lib3r (um...I'm kidding btw lol. No more bad spelling ;) )

Loriel 06-17-2006 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniaman
Actually I don't think it would be extremely hard.

NPC Code:
UPDATE accounts SET accountname='newaccount' WHERE accountname='oldaccount'

That would probably break all playerworld-local account data, guilds, playerworld ownership, the admin control panel, the forum accounts, NPC scripts that store account names for whatever reason, ...

petro1212 06-17-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanP2P
To make a system to do this would be complicated. It would require transfering your forum account, account time, guilds, etc. That is probably the main reason Graal doesn't do these requests...not because they want you to go and make a new account but because the systems are not made so you can just change one thing and the name is changed. You have to change multiple things.

People could be given a unique ID consisting out of 8 digits. The digit would be linked to an account name or something in that order.

Anyhow doing this would be troublesome. Would also require servers to update some of their scripts/systems.

Above all I don't see why anyone would want to change their accountname. Is it really that important? (on the other hand I could see that if you would have an idiotic account name.. no wait! thats your own damn fault!)