Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone Suggestions. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Weapon Suggestion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256413)

Hatred89 10-11-2009 06:46 PM

Weapon Suggestion

So this thread might of been already made before I don't know since I don't keep up with Zone threads @ all so sorry if this is repetitive.

So my suggestion is for Zone to make weapons that are a one time fee gelat wise. I don't see it being to harmful since there is no trading system so there won't be any usd issues and Zone is very skill based so I don't see there being an issue. Just because some newb might have the money to buy one of the guns it doesn't make him good and the guns wouldn't have to be super elite but just something worth buying.

I know that I would end up buying all of the one time purchase guns if they released them and that would bring some money into graal. I mean they take a few hours to make some guns and release them and they could earn like... what 30 bucks off me depending on the price of guns being reasonable and how many there were. I know I wouldn't be the only one so I'd say its worth it.

Plus even if the staff don't get the money I can't see Stefan not allowing the idea if the weapons were made and presented with that idea. He would be getting money while it presented something new to play with on Zone. I'm not saying this idea would save zone's population but it could make it active for a little while and help Graal get some income which overall helps how long graal will be up for and possibly that money could go towards funding something else for graal? I might be to optimistic but hey who knows right?

Dante396 10-11-2009 08:49 PM

I think it will save Zone's population (While the one time gelat weapon is out). Because it's going to be out only at that time, and when activated the player usualy holds it for only 30 days. Nobody's going to want to waste their money on something they spent their money on, especially on something that will come out for one time, so it will probobly keep players active until the time runs out for the weapon.
- although a player could buy the weapon and activate it months/years later when no one else has it.
- or they could purchase multiples of them to use for a long time.
- if either one happens it wouldnt really be a one time thing.
- not a bad idea though.

Shadow5596321 10-11-2009 11:17 PM

Won't work simply because everything is boring on Zone. They need to revamp everything while not making it garbage.

Dante396 10-12-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 (Post 1529346)
Won't work simply because everything is boring on Zone. They need to revamp everything while not making it garbage.

Not everyone might agree, but I do. It's been the same thing for years, Zone needs to release new things.... Not only small things to add on to it like Squads, I was thinking more like maps, graphics, activities, etc...

Shadow5596321 10-12-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante396 (Post 1529373)
Not everyone might agree, but I do. It's been the same thing for years, Zone needs to release new things.... Not only small things to add on to it like Squads, I was thinking more like maps, graphics, activities, etc...

They need to release a ****load of stuff and remake the old stuff to make them fun again.

pooper200000 10-12-2009 04:49 AM

I don't think that releasing a large amount of weapons on top of the current weapons is the best idea. We admit flaws with the current weapon system, so releasing weapons on top of the flawed system would not deal with the intrinsic problem (Overpowered, and unbalanced weapons).

Suggestions for which weapons should be changed, within reason, are welcomed and we encourage alternatives to improve the weapon to deal with the problems. The development team will hold the final say on the changes, and please don't expect immediate modifications, as we will not release a product that isn't prepared and thoroughly tested.

One of the long term goals for the development team is to create a more balanced weapon system. We are currently focusing on more short term goals that we will hopefully be releasing (More information about) soon as well as preparing for the upcoming holiday.

As response to the main issue presented, I am skeptical that we will be able to release weapons that are currently purchased in the gelat shop monthly as a permanent purchasing option.

One of the key advantages of timed items is that we are able to control the items that are in the "economy" to limit their use. The perfect example of this is event prizes. If we host off 1 set of permanent redpistoles, those redpistoles are in use, circulation, for an undetermined time period. By releasing weapons that are held on a time scale, 1 month, we are able to give out more of these weapons without detrimental long term effects (Not having 10 pairs of the same weapon out at one time).

The effect this idea would have on the playercount is difficult to determine and it can't be said for certain that allowing permanent weapons will have a long lasting boosting effect on the playercount. While this idea could provide short term advantages, we also have to take into account that providing more content will eventually produce the same results with less problems.

Shadow5596321 10-12-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1529469)
as we will not release a product that isn't prepared and thoroughly tested.

Didn't you guys release a broken weapon?

bahamutstevetff 10-12-2009 01:41 PM

why dont you just deleat a butt load of the crappy weapons, lets face it, they havent improved the playercount have they?

seanthien 10-14-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff (Post 1529529)
why dont you just deleat a butt load of the crappy weapons, lets face it, they havent improved the playercount have they?

The thing is, you should do it all at one time if that happens. It'd be to stupid to delete weapons that players would argue over and not release anything to the public for them to enjoy. Just how I figure.

Dante55555 10-14-2009 02:05 AM

Before I begin, I will say that I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Maybe things have changed since I left my position, maybe the dev process is different with SN at the reins.

Forging onward,

I believe that most of Zone needs to be completely scrapped.

Throw everything away and start fresh as opposed to shoveling more dung onto a dung heap because, in all honesty, that's what you're doing. I understand that you can't just toss everything away (Stefan won't like that) but just try and start small, at least. Start small and work your way up; those small things will eventually add up to a whole new drawing board to work with as opposed to a cramped space to poke little updates into.

Just "changing" things isn't going to help in the long run and it takes a very long time, anyway. I mean, it took so long for myself and Ian to get the weapons changed around even slightly. How long had green rifle been doing more damage than the photon, when the photon was supposed to be stronger?

What was greenrifle, 20 damage per shot or something? I think it was even more than that.

Any thoughts?

seanthien 10-14-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante55555 (Post 1530174)
Before I begin, I will say that I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Maybe things have changed since I left my position, maybe the dev process is different with SN at the reins.

Forging onward,

I believe that most of Zone needs to be completely scrapped.

Throw everything away and start fresh as opposed to shoveling more dung onto a dung heap because, in all honesty, that's what you're doing. I understand that you can't just toss everything away (Stefan won't like that) but just try and start small, at least. Start small and work your way up; those small things will eventually add up to a whole new drawing board to work with as opposed to a cramped space to poke little updates into.

Just "changing" things isn't going to help in the long run and it takes a very long time, anyway. I mean, it took so long for myself and Ian to get the weapons changed around even slightly. How long had green rifle been doing more damage than the photon, when the photon was supposed to be stronger?

What was greenrifle, 20 damage per shot or something? I think it was even more than that.

Any thoughts?

Wrapped up Jesse's idea in this.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=86813
imo.