Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Message to Graalians (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268154)

Sinkler 05-01-2013 05:18 AM

A Message to Graalians

My fellow Graalians,

As many of you know I have recently been tapped to succeed Tigairius as the Playerworld Administration Administrator. I cannot say how excited I am to be in a position where I can more directly interact with the Graal administration and players. Tigairius was a great leader so it will be hard to follow in his footsteps, but I will attempt to do so anyway.

I know this may come as controversial to some of you. I have made decisions that are unpopular because I believe them to be right and in the best interest of Graal. This is not to say that I have not made errors, as I have made many. I cannot claim perfection, but I can claim genuine benevolent concern that led to informed action which may have resulted in unfortunate consequences.

In this new administration, I plan to have much more transparency. I believe that the more open our administration is the more all of you understand the way we do things and why we do them. In my administration I will create times to chat with players, whether it is on Skype or AIM to discuss issues relating to each of you.

In my administration I will promote more communication between servers and the PWA. I believe open discussion is a very integral part of moving Graal forward into the future and will be more successful under my leadership.
I reiterate that I look forward to working with all of you. It is time for us to move into the future and create a better Graal.

Gabriel

Flashkind 05-01-2013 05:27 AM

Congrats Gabe!
Best of luck to you & the team. Hopefully we can see some a couple new PWA members in the near future!

read my forum pm plz : )

Crono 05-01-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinkler (Post 1717187)
I know this may come as controversial to some of you. I have made decisions that are unpopular because I believe them to be right and in the best interest of Graal. This is not to say that I have not made errors, as I have made many. I cannot claim perfection, but I can claim genuine benevolent concern that led to informed action which may have resulted in unfortunate consequences.

Making a piss poor decision that the entire community thought was completely retarded and then defending said decision does not instill confidence. Especially not when you "believe" in such a decision and thought it was "in the best interest of Graal". Enjoy PWAA, doesn't really effect me at all I suppose.

Fulg0reSama 05-01-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

My fellow Graalians,

Sorry there George W. Bush, but I think you're going to pull a Richard Nixon if you try leading us with that speech.
Besides, what are you going to do for Graalians realistically, what's in it for the common tax-pay- er, player?
How will you rise as our leader, to help us as a whole, become a better nati- er, game?
By pulling a "Richard Nixion", I refer to him resigning

Elk 05-01-2013 08:26 AM

good luck kiddo ^^

Herb_P2P 05-01-2013 08:54 AM

in other words, he's taking over Era.

bioboi 05-01-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

In this new administration, I plan to have much more transparency. I believe that the more open our administration is the more all of you understand the way we do things and why we do them. In my administration I will create times to chat with players, whether it is on Skype or AIM to discuss issues relating to each of you.

In my administration I will promote more communication between servers and the PWA. I believe open discussion is a very integral part of moving Graal forward into the future and will be more successful under my leadership.
I reiterate that I look forward to working with all of you. It is time for us to move into the future and create a better Graal.

Gabriel

Instead of being a negative Nancy about you, along with the other players, I'll congratulate you because you do stick to your guns and in controversial situations you can only think what you think, sometimes you just have to trust your gut. Some quote I don't know who made it but it's something along the lines as, 'Having enemies just means you've stood up for yourself at one point.' You're only as good as your word, and if you honestly feel it's right, it's the right thing to do to pursue that.

But with that being said, I am also very very thrilled that you are making it easier for players to contact you. (Via AIM/Skype) To me the globals that have done so and put up with all the traffic that comes their way due to that have been some of the best PR related PWA's I've dealt with (Tig and Xor). I hope you stick to this plan in particular as I see it very much improves the support of Graalonline for things that need addressed immediately.

Good luck Gabe, you will definitely need it. Just remember haters gonna hate bro

Tashkin 05-01-2013 10:26 AM

good luck to you

NicoX 05-01-2013 11:04 AM

Good luck, I am sure you will do a great job.

scriptless 05-01-2013 12:25 PM

Good luck.

papajchris 05-01-2013 02:44 PM

I would like to say that Gabe has always been available to players from what I can tell. No one should really have an issue contacting him. With that said, we'll see how it all goes. Tig wasn't a very good leader Gabe. He couldn't even manage a proper team. Part of being a leader is open communication with your customers AND your staff. Seemed like you PWA all had different information.

If you want to really succeed, you should be the voice of the people to Stefan/Uni. If an important issue needs to be fixed, I'd like to see you push them to do so. I realize they may not listen, but letting us know that the issue has been brought to Stefan, and that you are consistently bringing it up, will ease minds. I have a feeling you would pick your job over what is just, so prove us wrong.

Alfonso chose to move to Texas and leave his lovely husband (me) and 2 children behind. He regretted it.

xXziroXx 05-01-2013 03:16 PM

You won't have my support until you start getting involved with the community here on these forums.

BlueMelon 05-01-2013 03:17 PM

Good luck :)

smirt362 05-01-2013 05:17 PM

As you threatened to fire me, because I respectfully spoke my mind about a certain controversial issue (which you asked me to do), makes me worried about this appointment.

Tim_Rocks 05-01-2013 05:48 PM

Game over.

-AGT