Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

Fry 07-20-2010 01:16 PM

I am not doing more than adding the issues to the issue tracker on GitHub, I'll see about a few of them when I have time again in a few weeks. If someone needs help with compiling it feel free to ask. The current autotools build setup is kind of terrible right now, might create a CMake file at some point.
Not sure really what to do about the slowing problem, I spent a lot of time trying to fix that already but I kind of ran out of ideas for the cause of it. Blaming it on GTK seems a bit cheap but it does look like that's the problem. I'll try to compile it with that really new GTK version at some point but it apparently has a lot of issues on Windows.

Loriel 07-20-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1588646)

Well that is really nice, I tried to fix them too but then I could not because my compiler's flux capacitator was emitting too many bogons because of the solar radiation

Loriel 07-20-2010 01:21 PM

Maybe if he could not get it to compile on Windows he could make it compile and consider that his first contribution

Or just use, you know, Linux, much like anyone who has programmed anything useful for Graal recently :cool:

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-20-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1588635)
fry is just too polite to tell you guys to **** off for being freeloaders.

It was Fry's choice to make it, and post it for FEEDBACK, do you know what feedback is? He's the one who posted it for everyone to use and comment on.

Crono 07-20-2010 02:48 PM

Alright settle down kiddies.

Fry 07-21-2010 10:29 PM

Okay hopefully this version fixes the layer editing/selection issues.

WhiteDragon 07-21-2010 10:31 PM

Fry coming through in the clutch

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-21-2010 11:48 PM

How do you update it? I uninstalled, reinstalled with your link and it still shows 0.2.1

Fry 07-22-2010 01:05 PM

You just need to run the new installer, I just forgot to update the version for the editor, sorry.

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-22-2010 04:27 PM

Oh, okay.

It's still 0.2.1

Crow 07-22-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX (Post 1588657)
It was Fry's choice to make it, and post it for FEEDBACK, do you know what feedback is? He's the one who posted it for everyone to use and comment on.

It's not like Loriel didn't work on it..

Enchanted Wolf XxX 07-23-2010 05:21 AM

Just not workin for me, I don't wanna stir anything up.

Loriel 07-23-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX (Post 1589168)
Just not workin for me, I don't wanna stir anything up.

what fry is saying is that in the newest version, the version number is wrong but the code should be right

if you installed the newest version and it still does the thing that fry said it fixed i guess something ~*else*~ is wrong and you should tell us

but do not tell us that the version number is wrong

cyan3 07-29-2010 02:20 AM

Having trouble compiling Gonstruct on Linux. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with all of the dependencies installed on my system. Does anyone know the source of the problem and hopefully how to solve it?

Here is the error I receive from the terminal after using the make command:

PHP Code:

felixlionheart@ubuntu-desktop:~/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8make
[  7%] Built target core
10%] Building CXX object src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.o
In file included from 
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.cpp:1:
/
home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:3:19errorgtkmm.hNo such file or directory
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:4:29errorgtkgl/gtkglarea.hNo such file or directory
In file included from 
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.cpp:1:
/
home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6error‘Gtk’ has not been declared
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6errorexpected ‘{’ before ‘EventBox’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6errorinvalid type in declaration before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6warningextended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected primary-expression before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected ‘}’ before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:9errorexpected unqualified-id before ‘int’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:9errorexpected ‘)’ before ‘int’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:10errordeclaration of ‘~GLArea’ as non-member
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:13error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘GdkEventExpose’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘GdkEventConfigure’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:22errorexpected unqualified-id before ‘private’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:28error‘GdkEventExpose’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:28error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:29error‘GdkEventConfigure’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:29error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:30errorexpected declaration before ‘}’ token
make
[2]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.oError 1
make
[1]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/allError 2
make
: *** [allError 2
felixlionheart
@ubuntu-desktop:~/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8

Fry 07-29-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:3:19: error: gtkmm.h: No such file or directory
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:4:29: error: gtkgl/gtkglarea.h: No such file or directory
You have to install the dependencies listed inside the README file