Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Graals Population (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86123)

Aknts 06-01-2009 03:35 PM

Graals Population

I played Graal back in its hay-day and it was free. Then it got a big boost with Graal2001 which was a fantastic server and I still think it is better then any server out today. I can't compare to Era or the ones that aren't like Graal at all. Even though Graal2001 was P2P it still had tons of players and content updated everyday. I might be wrong but I think it was cheaper to play it then the cost is now. If the price was lowered a little I think there would be more people playing. I mean I had an account I paid for and I spent 1000+ hours on Graal2001. Stefan spent his time on it and it was fun. Now we have Kingdoms with 20 players on it. The Zone or whatever the other one is with little players on it. With a mix of Stefan doing a new Graal playerworld like Graal2001 was and lower the price of Gold, I think more players will start to play.

What do you guys think?

Elk 06-01-2009 03:41 PM

Disagree

Graal2001 isn't a fantastic server
It worked back then, but not now

Aknts 06-01-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk (Post 1496001)
Disagree

Graal2001 isn't a fantastic server
It worked back then, but not now

I don't mean bring it back. I mean Stefan make a new one. Updated and actually spend time on making it a main server.

Elk 06-01-2009 03:45 PM

I guess the budget doesn't allow such time investment

Aknts 06-01-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk (Post 1496003)
I guess the budget doesn't allow such time investment

What exactly are they working on to spend their time?

Elk 06-01-2009 04:23 PM

"They", so you call Stefan, are working on other projects than Graal to keep graal actually alive

Rufus 06-01-2009 04:34 PM

Perhaps if "they" focused more of their attention on Graal it would be able to sustain itself.

fowlplay4 06-01-2009 04:49 PM

There's nothing stopping developers from creating these new servers. I don't see why "they" have to participate in something we should be able to do our self especially since "they" would end up making it a gold server.

But I do wish we could get an updated client every once in a while.

Rufus 06-01-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1496019)
There's nothing stopping developers from creating these new servers. I don't see why "they" have to participate in something we should be able to do our self especially since "they" would end up making it a gold server.

Probably because it's a game, and they're the ones that own and should be developing it.

Aknts 06-01-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1496019)

But I do wish we could get an updated client every once in a while.

You don't understand why developers of a game should be involved? You would rather people spend their own time and money on something to make the game more money? That is fine. That is one of Graals drawing points. But if Stefan is spending time on another thing he should spend more on Graal.

Darklux 06-01-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1496015)
Perhaps if "they" focused more of their attention on Graal it would be able to sustain itself.

Iam saying this for ages.
Graal is no game worth playing anymore..

And hey, they try to present it as the great sdk atm - yet providing terribly outdated development tools?

Open source graal without the torque code and invest your time in iPhone games, as graal is making no profit anyways? So it should be no problem at all :)

Matt 06-01-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknts (Post 1496002)
I don't mean bring it back. I mean Stefan make a new one. Updated and actually spend time on making it a main server.

Apparently the only servers that get attention development-wise by Stefan are his Gold tabbed ones, since they get him money and all. Then again, i can't blame him much. >.>

Geno 06-02-2009 12:10 AM

It seems like when Stefan creates a server it dies eventually. He makes the best servers but something is missing. I dont know what. But Graal Kingdoms used to have 200 players or so, now look at it, its sits at like 25 players. what happened? I agree an awesome new, old style server would be great. but how many people would play it, and the real question is for how long.

fowlplay4 06-02-2009 03:01 AM

Like the servers on the Gold tab, Graal appears to be suffering as well from the lack of quality updates. So I guess you guys are right, Graal needs some TLC.

DustyPorViva 06-02-2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 1496172)
It seems like when Stefan creates a server it dies eventually. He makes the best servers but something is missing. I dont know what. But Graal Kingdoms used to have 200 players or so, now look at it, its sits at like 25 players. what happened? I agree an awesome new, old style server would be great. but how many people would play it, and the real question is for how long.

His servers seem to sustain themselves as long as he sticks around and actively develops them(and develops Graal around them).