Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guild Life (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Guild name.. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60110)

Link 07-22-2005 06:30 AM

Guild name..

So far, for guilds i've come up with just two..

Hyrule, or Hero Of Time, it would look like this:

*Link (Hero Of Time)
*Link (Hyrule)

Hero Of Time as a friend said is more singular, and Hyrule is more for people can join i guess? I don't know, still thinking about it i guess, any ideas would be great. Just need a guild and i'm going to make a global one. Need some ideas!
Thanks!

Bl0nkt 07-22-2005 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Link
So far, for guilds i've come up with just two..

Hyrule, or Hero Of Time, it would look like this:

*Link (Hero Of Time)
*Link (Hyrule)

Hero Of Time as a friend said is more singular, and Hyrule is more for people can join i guess? I don't know, still thinking about it i guess, any ideas would be great. Just need a guild and i'm going to make a global one. Need some ideas!
Thanks!

None.
Graal doesn't need anymore lawsuits. Think of something else.

Link 07-22-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl0nkt
None.
Graal doesn't need anymore lawsuits. Think of something else.

I don't know if that's fully true.. Turks is a global guild and it's been a global guild for a very long time, it's from a video game.. And those were examples anyway.

Hiro 07-24-2005 04:49 AM

I'll upgrade my "Sheik" account and we'll have a ball.

Link 07-24-2005 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro
I'll upgrade my "Sheik" account and we'll have a ball.

Sounds fancy.
Let's do it.

Hiro 07-24-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Sounds fancy.
Let's do it.

Lemme get 20$ ;)

Ken Takino 07-25-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

I don't know if that's fully true.. Turks is a global guild and it's been a global guild for a very long time, it's from a video game.. And those were examples anyway.

That may be true, but Turks are, by definition, the inhabitants of Turkey. I can't see it being too easy to copyright the term "Turks".

I believe there was an argument about this a few years ago after all the "copyrighted material" (Link and Yoshi heads, a lot of guilds, etc.) were being removed.

Zurkiba 07-25-2005 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Takino
That may be true, but Turks are, by definition, the inhabitants of Turkey. I can't see it being too easy to copyright the term "Turks".

I believe there was an argument about this a few years ago after all the "copyrighted material" (Link and Yoshi heads, a lot of guilds, etc.) were being removed.

Technically, the name Turkey came from the people known as the Turks. Who actually migrated to Europe from the western Tibet area. They entered the Europe/Middle East area around the Northern Caspian sea region. Then they moved south.

These Turks were very Xenophobic, ergo they closed their borders and Jerusalem to all forgieners. This sparked a series of wars that we call the Crusades.

MysticalMatrix 07-25-2005 07:28 AM

I doubt Stefan will accept your guild.

Link 07-25-2005 09:39 AM

This topic can be closed, i do not have a VIP account anyway, i thought gold could make global guild, thanks for all the responses anyway though.

Zurkiba 07-25-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalMatrix
I doubt Stefan will accept your guild.

In fact, I'll bet you $1,000,000 that Stefan wont accept any guild!

Sword 08-02-2005 08:42 PM

This is making minimal sense to me.
So he can have the account "Link" without worry of Graal Online being pushed under a lawsuit, yet he can't go about having a guild (from the same game series) with it? And don't you think if Nintendo, or whomever would 'sue' the company, even really recognized Graal Online, they'd kick the case up a notch and maybe go for copying their whole game concept? I'm not ragging on Graal at all, I'm just trying to justify why two wrongs make a wrong, but one wrong makes a... well, I'm not sure.

xAndrewx 08-02-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword
So he can have the account "Link" without worry of Graal Online being pushed under a lawsuit, yet he can't go about having a guild (from the same game series) with it? And don't you think if Nintendo, or whomever would 'sue' the company, even really recognized Graal Online, they'd kick the case up a notch and maybe go for copying their whole game concept? I'm not ragging on Graal at all, I'm just trying to justify why two wrongs make a wrong, but one wrong makes a... well, I'm not sure.

Just wondering, is Link actually copyrighted?

Sword 08-02-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAndrewx
Just wondering, is Link actually copyrighted?

Is "Hyrule" or "Hero of Time" actually copyrighted? I know only as much as the next person...

Bl0nkt 08-02-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword

When someone's name is Link, it doesn't generally mean that person is acting like that character. I know when I make accounts I name them according to my interests/jokes related to graal.

When you look like a person from another video game and want to create something like "Hero of Time", that's wrong.