Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   October Playerworld Previews Announced (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256249)

TSAdmin 09-30-2009 05:29 PM

October Playerworld Previews Announced

With September drawing to a close, we prepare to bid farewell to Maloria from the September Playerworld Previews and hope this experience has helped them out for the better.

While Maloria has been seeing this experience through the month of September, the Playerworld Administration have been on the lookout for the October intakes and I am pleased to announce that we have 2 playerworlds being granted Preview status. The two servers are:

Zenox and Graal Ghetto

Congratulations to those two servers. A member of the Playerworld Administration will be appending the Preview status to your server, and placing it on the Hosted list, within the next 36 hours.

Developers who think they may be even slightly interested in checking out one, or both, of these servers are encouraged to do so and contact management of the server you may wish to help out about applying for a position available and boost their chances of finding themselves well equipped for the Hosted list on a more permanent basis sometime in the future! Just as with Maloria, we advise these servers may still be in a relatively Beta state, however players are also encouraged to log onto the servers and have a wander around and gain a sneak peak into what's going on as it happens.

Congratulations again to the two servers, and we hope to see some good come of your time under Preview status, just as we have seen on Maloria.

Playerworld Administration

Remember, if you wish to apply for Preview Status for your server in November, check out this thread by Bell for all the information about applying. We look forward to hearing from you!

cyan3 09-30-2009 05:40 PM

Congratulations to Zenox and Graal Ghetto for making it to October preview :)

TSAdmin 09-30-2009 05:56 PM

After a brief discussion with Cyan, there will also be news articles provided so there will be more to come about these servers as resources permit!

Rufus 09-30-2009 06:05 PM

Just tried out both servers, they are terrible.

Galdor 09-30-2009 06:22 PM

not impressed with any of the selected servers :P

Soala 09-30-2009 06:27 PM

Meh, good luck to them.

BigBear3 09-30-2009 06:32 PM

Oh, those weren't very fun.

Vima 09-30-2009 07:47 PM

Eugh... Graal Ghetto X_X

DustyPorViva 09-30-2009 07:49 PM

For a moment I thought I was playing on a black and white monitor. And when I say for a moment, I meant the entire time I was on Graal Ghetto.

Gos_pira 09-30-2009 07:56 PM

Couldn't someone come up with something more original? :/

Feels like it's only repeating itself.

papajchris 09-30-2009 08:57 PM

Graal Ghetto looks like it would have been a good server if it came out before Era, but it just has to many things in common. Their recycling system is nearly the same. And the buildings look nice not ghetto. The server does look better than Zenox, the slow walking was soo annoying.

MysticX2X 09-30-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1526389)
Graal Ghetto looks like it would have been a good server if it came out before Era, but it just has to many things in common. Their recycling system is nearly the same. And the buildings look nice not ghetto. The server does look better than Zenox, the slow walking was soo annoying.

Agreed. I went on Zenox earlier and the movement was aggravating, especially in that tutorial with the pot maze.

Luda 09-30-2009 09:47 PM

Wow i ****ing hate observer mode.

cbk1994 09-30-2009 09:57 PM

Can I ask why Graal Ghetto was chosen after it's already had a chance at Hosted, and the owner is known for (and banned for on several servers for) CSTing, USDing, abusing, spawning, and stealing content?

James 09-30-2009 10:26 PM

fail

Bell 09-30-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1526411)
Can I ask why Graal Ghetto was chosen after it's already had a chance at Hosted, and the owner is known for (and banned for on several servers for) CSTing, USDing, abusing, spawning, and stealing content?

While the owner is still the same, its under new management and they've been working hard to correct its past reputation.

DuBsTeRmAn 09-30-2009 10:57 PM

I think the management of Graal Ghetto should buy their own server, It would give the server itself a way better chance.. And if i were them i would change the servername too.

Xterminator 09-30-2009 11:01 PM

From what i can tell, these 2 servers suck.
But you can also help them out by telling them what sucks so they can improve/change things.

Bell 09-30-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn (Post 1526441)
I think the management of Graal Ghetto should buy their own server, It would give the server itself a way better chance.. And if i were them i would change the servername too.

The owner of the content hasn't changed though so that wouldn't work.

Hiro 10-01-2009 12:34 AM

those developers should move onto projects where originality is taking place, rather than a new version of what is already out. waste of talent otherwise

fowlplay4 10-01-2009 01:05 AM

I've seen Graal Ghetto's scripts so I know I can't expect much from them and their rep doesn't make me want to visit.

I gave Zenox a visit, and became frustrated within minutes of slow walking (I personally hated the movement system) and passing a newbie course which gave me an item that I couldn't even use. Explored the GMAP (which looked like it was whipped together really fast and had apparent use of the path tool) but I had no idea where to go, then I stumbled upon a dungeon of level 5 and 12 baddies whom proceeded to kill me.

The way it displayed damage and so on was neat, but was barely readable.

They've got their work set for them :)

cbk1994 10-01-2009 01:09 AM

I just checked out Zenox as well-

Interesting, but the movement completely ruins the game.

Nataxo 10-01-2009 03:13 AM

C'mon guys, lets give Graal Ghetto a chance, I'm sure they're working on more things than just a copy from Era...:)

xnervNATx 10-01-2009 03:36 AM

logged on GG, killed by a staff with Katana, logged off, look great to me.

went on zenox but i was wayyyy too slow to even do anything.

Matt 10-01-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1526490)
I've seen Graal Ghetto's scripts so I know I can't expect much from them and their rep doesn't make me want to visit.

I gave Zenox a visit, and became frustrated within minutes of slow walking (I personally hated the movement system) and passing a newbie course which gave me an item that I couldn't even use. Explored the GMAP (which looked like it was whipped together really fast and had apparent use of the path tool) but I had no idea where to go, then I stumbled upon a dungeon of level 5 and 12 baddies whom proceeded to kill me.

The way it displayed damage and so on was neat, but was barely readable.

They've got their work set for them :)

Well said, i'd def agree with that.

DustyPorViva 10-01-2009 04:11 AM

Well the thing is, apparently previews are not meant to really show off much but to gather help. Alpha testing, if you will.

WhiteDragon 10-01-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1526522)
Well the thing is, apparently previews are not meant to really show off much but to gather help. Alpha testing, if you will.

I think that the previews will provide both constructive criticism and potential developers for the server.

Naturally, the amount of criticism received and amount of developers received will be related, to a certain point.

TSAdmin 10-01-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1526538)
I think that the previews will provide both constructive criticism and potential developers for the server.

Naturally, the amount of criticism received and amount of developers received will be related, to a certain point.

This is precisely correct. Not everybody will agree with the servers, but that is no different to one person wanting to favour 1 of the classic servers over another. Criticism is openly welcome and public opinion, not just developer contribution, will greatly improve their ability to find and fix what people want fixed.

SlikRick 10-01-2009 12:04 PM

Graal Ghetto is just a worse version of Era IMO. The tileset looks like its just a re-painted version of Era. And like what was stated earlier they call it "Graal Ghetto" and yet it looks nowhere near what an actual ghetto looks like.

I also logged onto Zenox and wasn't impressed in the slighest. The tileset itself looks nice from first glance but the OW looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. And also like what has been stated the movement on the server is very slow and at the begining you're hitting the guys for 1 HP and they're slapping you down for 3 HP. Normally in an RPG, which is what I felt like they were going for, you are supposed to hit harder than the NPC. You have less HP than the NPC but at the same time you are stronger.

Spark910 10-01-2009 07:24 PM

Zenkou mini maps for inside levels was pretty neat :)

Old_Days 10-01-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1526411)

I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache!pissed!

BlueMelon 10-01-2009 10:00 PM

Rofl.
I would, if there was no Obs.

Deas_Voice 10-02-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1526679)
I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache!pissed!

this ^
agreed to 110%

Unkownsoldier 10-02-2009 10:46 PM

Lmao, playing spawn is annoying. Yet, most playerworld have stolen content and some extent of abuse.

Switch 10-03-2009 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

DesolateRestriction 10-03-2009 07:22 PM

It is too much to ask for the PWA to post their own constructive criticism (possibly even their o$wn reviews) for playerworlds put on preview?
I feel like having something like that would be beneficial to hiring process for those playerworlds.

DustyPorViva 10-03-2009 07:25 PM

What would there be to review? The servers are far from playable, nor do I think they are intended to be.

LoneAngelIbesu 10-03-2009 09:35 PM

Zenox

Logging on, my account was reset by the npcserver, and I was disconnected. How wonderful. After that, when I logged on again, I was spammed with about 4 different windows, each overlapping each other.

I went to the newbie course, which is actually a series of frustrating puzzles. Fell in to the water twice. Logged off.

Graal Ghetto

Logging on, I was sent in to Observer Mode. Right when I was about to log out, Observer Mode ended. What luck. Again, I was spammed with 3 windows, each overlapping each other. "Voteing" is not a word. "Should I do the event Now? or later" is not a correct sentence.

Your music just kicked in. It's annoying as hell. I can't figure out how to make it stop. So, I'm logging off. There was probably nothing to do anyways.

The_Ice_Cold 10-03-2009 10:06 PM

Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.

salesman 10-04-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold (Post 1527316)
Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.

Although I don't think it's a very good move for globals to be advertising a ripoff of one of Graal's most popular servers (especially when it splits our server's population)...a little competition is motivating.