Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   October Playerworld Previews Announced (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256249)

Old_Days 10-01-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1526411)
Can I ask why Graal Ghetto was chosen after it's already had a chance at Hosted, and the owner is known for (and banned for on several servers for) CSTing, USDing, abusing, spawning, and stealing content?

I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache!pissed!

BlueMelon 10-01-2009 10:00 PM

Rofl.
I would, if there was no Obs.

Deas_Voice 10-02-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1526679)
I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache!pissed!

this ^
agreed to 110%

Unkownsoldier 10-02-2009 10:46 PM

Lmao, playing spawn is annoying. Yet, most playerworld have stolen content and some extent of abuse.

Switch 10-03-2009 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

DesolateRestriction 10-03-2009 07:22 PM

It is too much to ask for the PWA to post their own constructive criticism (possibly even their o$wn reviews) for playerworlds put on preview?
I feel like having something like that would be beneficial to hiring process for those playerworlds.

DustyPorViva 10-03-2009 07:25 PM

What would there be to review? The servers are far from playable, nor do I think they are intended to be.

LoneAngelIbesu 10-03-2009 09:35 PM

Zenox

Logging on, my account was reset by the npcserver, and I was disconnected. How wonderful. After that, when I logged on again, I was spammed with about 4 different windows, each overlapping each other.

I went to the newbie course, which is actually a series of frustrating puzzles. Fell in to the water twice. Logged off.

Graal Ghetto

Logging on, I was sent in to Observer Mode. Right when I was about to log out, Observer Mode ended. What luck. Again, I was spammed with 3 windows, each overlapping each other. "Voteing" is not a word. "Should I do the event Now? or later" is not a correct sentence.

Your music just kicked in. It's annoying as hell. I can't figure out how to make it stop. So, I'm logging off. There was probably nothing to do anyways.

The_Ice_Cold 10-03-2009 10:06 PM

Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.

salesman 10-04-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold (Post 1527316)
Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.

Although I don't think it's a very good move for globals to be advertising a ripoff of one of Graal's most popular servers (especially when it splits our server's population)...a little competition is motivating.

Dragonosteel 10-04-2009 06:06 AM

Graal Ghetto:
Very visually playing. Needs to find ways to vary from Era more, though.
Also I can't take the minimap off?

Zenox:
OSL level is horrible.
Saw the dorky movement and logged off.

firefighter 10-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonosteel
Zenox:
OSL level is horrible.
Saw the dorky movement and logged off.

So you think its horrible. Well, its your opinion but please explain why its horrible not only that it is horrible, because then I can't believe that and must think that youre one of the kiddies who goof of other servers than their favourite (or owned) one(s) because theire jealous like hell ;)
You don't even know our systems and that we will have multiple OSLs. The world of Zenox is much bigger than the newbie island ^^

Any other comments, improvement suggestions etc?

DuBsTeRmAn 10-04-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesman (Post 1527412)
Although I don't think it's a very good move for globals to be advertising a ripoff of one of Graal's most popular servers (especially when it splits our server's population)...a little competition is motivating.

This..
And at the same time they STILL use recoloured/stolen/edited images..

fowlplay4 10-04-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter (Post 1527449)

Here's my list.

Get rid of your movement system (Example of it's poorness: Try going up and down the stairs in your OSL area near the Newbie Course enterance), or re-haul it, it doesn't feel natural like every other Graal server. (Personally I use the default, and x, y speed modifiers)

Redo your Newbie course, from a glance it doesn't teach how to play your server, and just bothers the player with basic classic Graal crap. Not to mention the blocks are setup in such a way that you can get them stuck to the point where you'll have to unstick.

Replace the 3D imagery with proper 2D images, or make them fit in somehow (I don't even know how it could).

Have your LAT read some of the tutorials on level making in the Levels sub-forum. Avoid using the path tool as your primary detail.

Fix your swimming gani, the down direction is fine but the others are ridiculous, (the hands look really off).

Find a different way to display the names of items and so on for sale. The text stemming from it looks odd, and cluttered.

Make GUI Objects like the Minimap (allow the player to close it) and Message System not feel like GUI Objects.

If you're going to use particle effects, at least make them make look good and make sense. (I.e: The waterfall particle effect above the waterfall gif.)

Get rid of primary GP / PR Staff, I am pretty sure there are rules that prevent them from being hired in the first place. It's a UC server with a minimal playercount to begin with, you don't need to start off on the wrong foot by hiring people who just want rights.

Dragonosteel 10-04-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter (Post 1527449)
So you think its horrible. Well, its your opinion but please explain why its horrible not only that it is horrible, because then I can't believe that and must think that youre one of the kiddies who goof of other servers than their favourite (or owned) one(s) because theire jealous like hell ;)
You don't even know our systems and that we will have multiple OSLs. The world of Zenox is much bigger than the newbie island ^^

Your OSL level isn't attractive at all, and I don't believe I've seen anyone here that would disagree with that.

I'm not an expert LAT but that level's floor is made up of generic patterns. IMO an OSL level should look a lot nicer as a first impression. It looks like something one of your LATs just quickly hashed together.

I do like the minimap and the gmap, though. Like someone said earlier, the evidence of the use of that path tool is really clear. Something you should get a good LAT to fix before you apply for Classic Tab at least. The scripted cows are nice too.