Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Serverlist Update (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268293)

Gos_pira 06-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1718826)
likewise.

But then there'd be no point to gold status.

The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.

Fulg0reSama 06-05-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gos_pira (Post 1718829)
The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.

I personally like the simple idea of most microtransaction games (i.e: Maplestory would fit well)

Pay for vanity items that can be used cross realm (little toys that you can show off), play any server for free and finally make it so you can play cross platform, you'd have a game that could flourish as a f2p community.

knightfire35 06-05-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1718826)
likewise.

But then there'd be no point to gold status.

In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)

Cubical 06-05-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightfire35 (Post 1718832)
In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)

Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.

Twinny 06-05-2013 11:56 AM

For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category :(

Fulg0reSama 06-05-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1718867)
For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category :(

Maybe special refers to something else...
:blush:

Crono 06-05-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

N-Pulse isn't special. :)

NicoX 06-05-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

It seems like only the REAL UC servers are in that special tab, I can't see Kingdoms Debug and Kingdoms Iphone either

-HateD- 06-05-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1718865)
Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.

Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).

fowlplay4 06-05-2013 09:25 PM

I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Developer - A one time purchase so you can work on servers and what not.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

Fulg0reSama 06-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1718896)
I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still payable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access. I.e. Staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

+rep when I have the chance.

Cubical 06-06-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -HateD- (Post 1718885)
Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).

You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?

knightfire35 06-06-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1718865)

Let me re-phrase that, by the one-time payment I was referring to a small fee for a classic account like we've seen in the past. A basic account without the restrictions. Then from there it can be determined whether micro-transactions or a remodeled Gold system (such as the one fowlplay presented) would work better. As long as the micro-transactions or Gold "benefits" don't provide a pay-to-win situation and just provided shiny perks to merit the extra fee.

Tricxta 06-06-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1718896)

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

I like this idea, I assume gold would be periodic payments as it is now? And also that it'd grant all underlying account benefits in addition to what you stated?

-HateD- 06-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1718905)
You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?

Pretty sure that the vast majority of iOS users spend money on the game (that counts into the 2000+ ;))

You must not have read what I said either.