Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   v6: What is needed for release? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262405)

Admins 03-13-2011 02:14 AM

v6: What is needed for release?

For the final release of v6 for Windows, Mac and Linux,
what should be done before the release:
- What bugs need a fix?
- What features or implementations need improvements, and what kind of improvements?

This discussion should be mainly about technically issues, not about server quality, payment options etc. Basicly the question is: what should be done before replacing the v5 download with the v6 download?

MattKan 03-13-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1636067)
- What features or implementations need improvements, and what kind of improvements?

I'm sure 100% sure if this is what you are asking for. If it isn't, I apologize, and go ahead and delete this post if you want:

Animated Tiles in Tilesets: (As shown in: )
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134261438

Better Body Colors: (As shown in: )
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134259103

Also:
Could you possilby implement a feature where when you login to login it replaces global images with the correct image instead of an overwrite? That would help a lot.

WhiteDragon 03-13-2011 02:26 AM

Have you considered adding something that automatically updates the client and just requires a client restart to switch into the new version? This is what Google Chrome does and it's incredibly useful for pushing out updates. It would make client updates a lot easier to do, and make this switch from v5 to v6 a lot less "big".

I'm not personally aware of any bugs in v6, but there will (probably) be some found in the future, so I think getting a streamlined update system would be a good move.

Regarding other improvements... well, there is a whole section on the forum for that. ;)

Rufus 03-13-2011 02:29 AM

I dislike how nicknames and chat are not in bold on the v6 WINDOWS client.

oo_jazz_oo 03-13-2011 02:34 AM

Right off the top of my head:

Sometimes after chatting, when I close the chat bar (with tab) my character will slash.
He will continue to slash if I keep openeing and closing the chat bar.
It stops if the Graal.exe window loses focus, or if I press 's' or type 's' into the chat bar.

If I just press s with the chat bar not up, my character does nothing, he doesn't swing his sword. But then after pressing s the once, I can slash like normal.

WhiteDragon 03-13-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1636073)
Right off the top of my head:

Sometimes after chatting, when I close the chat bar (with tab) my character will slash.
He will continue to slash if I keep openeing and closing the chat bar.
It stops if the Graal.exe window loses focus, or if I press 's' or type 's' into the chat bar.

If I just press s with the chat bar not up, my character does nothing, he doesn't swing his sword. But then after pressing s the once, I can slash like normal.

One way to replicate this is:
  1. hold down s,
  2. move the focus onto another program (while s is held down),
  3. release s.
Graal won't receive that release and think you still have it held. I have only confirmed this on Linux.

This is even more noticeable when you hold down an arrow key instead of s.

Luda 03-13-2011 02:51 AM

A more advanced PM box/system that Rufus suggested awhile back. Maybe add a YouTube embedded feature too, like the forums have.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1385172)
You know, PM windows could be so much better. Going a little off topic, but I think PM's would be much better if they used something like BB Code along side a WYSIWYG or standard editor. The current features are pretty hidden, and not everyone knows you can embed images, but why? There probably should be a smileys menu instead of relying on going to the forums, and there should be a list of features somewhere.

Hmm.. heres a quick example mockup..
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...0&d=1207839924

salesman 03-13-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1636074)
One way to replicate this is:
  1. hold down s,
  2. move the focus onto another program (while s is held down),
  3. release s.
Graal won't receive that release and think you still have it held. I have only confirmed this on Linux.

The keydown/focus change problem has been reported several times for both v5 and v6

papajchris 03-13-2011 03:31 AM

Not sure if they is something you fix on V6 or if its cuz im using windows 7 but when i have to hold Q to use my menu on Era i can move my mouse (using touchpad) at the same time.

fowlplay4 03-13-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1636074)
keydown not releasing bug.

This is fixed in the latest Windows V6 Client (OS: W7 64-bit).

Feature Requests:
- Interpolate Player Movement: Era and Zodiac (Weapon: -Interpolation) have their own scripted versions, obviously if it would be done by the client maybe even make it an option in F3.
- Improve Networking Code: Things like player movement and other changes could probably benefit from being sent to the server via UDP. Re-add P2P (UDP) for UN sparrers.

oo_jazz_oo 03-13-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1636083)

The tab bar bug I talked about in my post is still there in the latest v6 client, though. :(

I downloaded the latest client just to test it to make sure it was still there before posting. :P

WhiteDragon 03-13-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1636083)

It isn't fixed in the Linux client. Or at least not on my Linux setup, my window manager is fairly nonstandard so it could be doing something unexpected.

fowlplay4 03-13-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1636084)
The tab bar bug I talked about in my post is still there in the latest v6 client, though. :(

I downloaded the latest client just to test it to make sure it was still there before posting. :P

Are you sure it's not a keyboard failure? (Disregard if you aren't using the latest Windows client)

BUG: While testing I found ChatBar opens with TAB regardless of your in Keys configuration.
FEATURE REQUEST: Add a [Default Keys] button in F3: Keys Tab.

Crono 03-13-2011 05:58 AM

Old style playerlist would be much appreciated by the majority, seeing as how most players use it (did a poll on multiple servers).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1636071)
I dislike how nicknames and chat are not in bold on the v6 WINDOWS client.

this

fowlplay4 03-13-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1636104)
Old style playerlist would be much appreciated by the majority, seeing as how most players use it (did a poll on multiple servers).

It'd be cool if we could do something like:

PHP Code:

new GuiWindowCtrl("ExternalExample") {

y 100;

width height 300;

isexternal true;

nativestyle true// Makes it look like their Native OS equivalent.