Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Sealing the discussion on default HD. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85972)

DarkCloud_PK 05-29-2009 07:13 PM

Sealing the discussion on default HD.

This is mostly for contego and the others wanting default HD.

I am fully aware of your desire for it, and it is ultimately the players satisfaction that makes or breaks a server. I also am aware that a HD needs to be decided.
The issue is that a transition from a scripted HD to a default will cause a lot of turmoil and a lot of things to not operate as they had been.

This is the help I need from you to continue exploring into bringing HD back here. I need to basically test out default HD in the various events, PKing, and sparring that HD mainly affects. I need to know how it changes events like CTF, and how certain things on Classic feel with it.
So what I need you to do is show your support for this movement truly, and simply log on classic more, if only to help test out the situations and events in default HD when I develop the tools to toggle it. That way we can start in the right direction, and testing these things out. Help me help you. Log on and let me observe.

Also if anyone remembers the PK room that used to be about BR? I will be readding that as a easy to reach default PK room, but would you like PK restrictions to work there or no? like 3/2 or w/e it is on serverside/clientside HD.

xnervNATx 05-29-2009 07:16 PM

the pk room should be

sword lvl 3 with 3 hearts.

or lvl 2 with 4.

Ares 05-29-2009 07:17 PM

yes sir

wow laura stop trying to make this thread into something else just shut it

DarkCloud_PK 05-29-2009 07:26 PM

Ares I am actually asking what heart/sword should be in the PK room, or if it should work directly off AP, which might suck if you get a high APer in there.

xnervNATx 05-29-2009 07:28 PM

shut the hell up he asked something and i answered, stop crying.

DarkCloud_PK 05-29-2009 07:35 PM

lets not turn this into a flame thread, its a serious issue.

adding a PK room, should I use natural AP to decide HP and have sword level be 3 or should I cap hearts to have it so high APers dont ruin everything.

xnervNATx 05-29-2009 07:37 PM

u should cap hearts, 3 hp with lvl 3 sword would fit a pk room.

DarkCloud_PK 05-29-2009 07:43 PM

I'm thinking 5/3 3/3 or 3/2
Dunno yet, want feedback

Corp1 05-29-2009 08:01 PM

I'll do my part and be a player, and see what other guys i can get on there to help. and just cap at 5 hearts with lvl 3 sword and work with the normal ap system. that way below 20 ap would have 3 hearts.

MysticX2X 05-29-2009 08:13 PM

Good idea with the default HD though it will have to be tested enough so systems like CTF can be adjusted.

Great idea for the pk room. I like everything close and compact I suppose though this will make pk paradise obsolete lol.

fa12 05-29-2009 08:20 PM

Like anyone really used it. :/

Bell 05-29-2009 08:40 PM

I've been asked to make a decision myself on which way things should be, default or custom. Since I'm not a scripter myself, I asked Stefan for his advice this morning. Granted, he may not have all the details involving Classic but this was his general opinion of the situation.

*Bell: Another thing I wanted your opinion on. Do you prefer custom or default scripting on classic servers. Its one of my issues going on with Classic. The rivalries there over which is best is tearing the server to pieces with me in the middle to decide which is best.
*Stefan: dont really know
*Stefan: on era people want the default bullets and stuff
*Stefan: but on zone i have seen that with custom bullets and movement it can work fine also
*Stefan: so
*Stefan: a lot of scripts work on emulating the default system by script and stuff x-x
*Stefan: 'a lot of scripters'
*Bell: The GP in me says custom since they have fewer problems with trainers. The player side of me says default would be better. So annoying to have two sides arguing with each other inside me
*Stefan: well
*Stefan: it depends on what the staff want to do
*Bell: rofl, they are divided
*Stefan: a simple server with classic levels
*Stefan: simple sparring
*Stefan: etc.
*Stefan: or a server with quests and cool weapons etc.
*Bell: they want the cool quests and weapons but default HD and movement.
*Bell: Which of course isn't going to work so the argument rages on.
*Stefan: which is weird yes
*Stefan: hmmm
*Stefan: well you can still use default movement
*Stefan: with custom hit detection
*Stefan: and use the old detection only for special sparring rooms
*Stefan: it really depends on if they want to add more interesting stuff
*Stefan: using the default stuff will be a pain

Pelikano 05-29-2009 08:56 PM

Stefan has spoken ;)

DarkCloud_PK 05-29-2009 09:01 PM

That's why I want to run tests, but I need the community, from both UN and Classic who want this to blossom and be explored to help test out the aspects of it.

DustyPorViva 05-29-2009 09:30 PM

I don't think default HD can be impossible to work with if you manipulate it correctly. I mean, I'm sure there are instances where it might seem troublesome, but I guess that's a matter of balancing the pros and cons.