Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphic Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Adding tiles to your tileset - tutorial! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47038)

Mykel 08-12-2003 02:24 AM

Adding tiles to your tileset - tutorial!

This could have gone in either GFX, or scripting, but I figure, if you need this script, it is for GFX, so I put it here

My prefered use, is addtiledef2
So that is the command I will show you how to use.

In the commands, it tells you to use it like this:

NPC Code:
addtiledef2 image,levelstart,x,y;

So you will start your script with this:

NPC Code:
addtiledef2

Ok, now, your image. To look right, it must fit the graal tiles. The graal tiles are 16pixels x 16pixels. Also, if it is .png, it must be 8bit to be able to be used. Put your image in Graal2001-->Levels-->Webgifs
Then go back to your script, and put the imagename in. My example imagename: untitled.png Now my example script looks like this:

NPC Code:
addtiledef2 untitled.png

Now for the level start. My example level start will be new1.nw Instead of putting new1.nw, I can just put new for my 'levelstart', and this way, any level that starts with new, will have this custom tileset. So put your levelname in. My example script now looks like this:

NPC Code:
addtiledef2 untitled.png,new

Now it is time for the x,y
What tile do you want to replace? Lets say you want to replace the yellow flower in the upper left. Left click, and highlight the tile and while still with the mouse held down look to the bottom of the editor screen. It says:

NPC Code:
(0,1)->(1,2)=(1,1)

All you need are the first two numbers. This means that the Tile is at 0x, and 1y.
This is a point where many people mess up.
Remember, that each tile is 16 pixels, so you can't just put in 0,1 for the x,y.
You should put 0*16,1*16; instead. The asterik (*) command in GScript means to multiply. So my final example script looks like this:

NPC Code:
addtiledef2 untitled.png,new,0*16,1*16;

And if you have done everything properly, it should work.

wonderboysp2p 08-12-2003 07:03 AM

:confused: im still a lil confused... im just now starting on gfx and does that just start replacing the tileset at the specified x,y?

Mykel 08-12-2003 07:05 AM

Yea, you hover over what tile in the tileset that you want to replace.

wonderboysp2p 08-12-2003 07:32 AM

eww wouldnt that take awhile to use an entire custom tileset X_x theres gotta be another way...

Snakeandy7 08-12-2003 12:17 PM

NPC Code:

addtiledef pics1.png,levelstart,0-1;

:p
deciding if it's new or edited..i think 0 - edited and 1- new).

Mykel 08-12-2003 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Snakeandy7
NPC Code:

addtiledef pics1.png,levelstart,0-1;

:p
deciding if it's new or edited..i think 0 - edited and 1- new).

Yea, that's for addtiledef tho, not addtiledef2.

Mykel 08-12-2003 09:53 PM

I had messed up so for anyone who was confused, read back over my x,y part. I edited it. It was wrong.

GoZelda 08-27-2003 09:19 PM

I always went wrong with x and y =x
But now i know it's like setshape.

HunterTerryon 08-27-2003 10:11 PM

Teach us to do what era did XP I don't want my tile set limited to one bed and 2 chairs

marcoR 08-27-2003 10:54 PM

adding threads to the level section! lol jk... but I think this should be in level editting shouldnt it? meh, it's a half point, and seeing as we know each other i'll be nice. I forget how to do this tho...

Kappa00p2p 08-28-2003 07:52 PM

i was trying to get my servers tileset working. the script worked offline perfectly... however online my server almost died because all the tiles messed up... ie u couldnt walk on grass.

Mykel 11-05-2003 07:09 PM

Make sure you have all the GFX uploaded onto the server.

Muha_builder 11-05-2003 07:50 PM

a server i worked on had the same prob he restarted the server and it worked perfectly

davidpsy 11-05-2003 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by HunterTerryon
Teach us to do what era did XP I don't want my tile set limited to one bed and 2 chairs

See what era did was use addtiledef with a type 1 tileset. See with addtiledef2 it allows you to cover images either as big or smaller then the current tileset over it. So with addtiledef it puts an entire tileset image over the pics1 tileset. It also allows you to use two different types of tilesets type 0 which is pics1 and then there is type 1 which is this.

Gambet 11-07-2003 02:42 AM

well the script i use (i only use this when testing a tile set because you guys must have no lives if you add that script for every lvl)

//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {
addtiledef blah.png,lvl,1;
}

//Key//
blah.png (tiles gfx)
1 (the type)
////////

its a simple script and you guys really dont know much about inserting tiles to a server, and i think era split there tiles in 2 parts and uploaded it like that.

To add a tile set to your server (if its more then 64k), you put the tiles on a website then send stefan that website link and he will then add the tile set for you
(Note: the tiles will be placed in every lvl of ur server)

and thats how you do it, but if the tiles is shorter then 64k then you have to do it on your own.