Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Shaded Legends (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265766)

Devil_Lord2 02-17-2012 07:14 AM

Shaded Legends

This thread will be used to keep you, the players,
updated about Shaded Legends. ^.^

We will try to show what is new without giving too much away.
We are constantly growing, and making our way towards classic.
(If you would like to apply, please check out our hiring link.)

Shaded Legends Facebook
Shaded Legends Website

Anyways, check below for updates and
check my signature for the current staff list.
===================================
Check often for continuous updates:

Shaded Legends Status

Shaded Legends Update Timeline

Shaded Legends Flow Chart

Shaded Legends Hiring Applications

Pimmeh 02-17-2012 09:04 PM

Again?

ffcmike 02-17-2012 09:08 PM

Similarly to as what was reported back in June, has this problem been fixed within the last 2 weeks?

Quote:

Opposite (Fri Feb 03 23:15:43 2012):

in the middle of the intro the screen froze white, and i reconnected multiple times and had it work the fourth time.
I wouldn't expect such issues on a server which is visible on the server list.

Emera 02-17-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1684828)
Similarly to as what was reported back in June, has this problem been fixed within the last 2 weeks?

This. If it's not fully fixed, which it isn't from what I've seen while playing there, why is it hosted? Just scraping the hosted test isn't good enough. Get it fixed and then apply again.

Loakey_P2P 02-18-2012 02:55 AM

PWA , It's they're decision not a democracy .

ffcmike 02-18-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P (Post 1684871)
PWA , It's their decision not a democracy .

If a server's own staff believe it's ok to have such a broken introduction while visible, what does this say about the rest of the server?
Or why should potential players have high hopes with future updates?

Even if the rest of the server was decent, that gives a very bad impression.

Emera 02-18-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P (Post 1684871)
PWA , It's they're decision not a democracy .

Firstly, it's their, not they're.
Secondly, although it may be their decision, they should also take into account wether or not it's fit for the hosted tab. A lot of players have made comments on the standard of levels the server has for example. In my opinion, they should take it from hosted, get the server to a decent stage were there aren't any, or at least aren't a lot of bugs and then apply for the hosted tab again.

Matman58 02-18-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1684874)
Firstly, it's their, not they're.
Secondly, although it may be their decision, they should also take into account wether or not it's fit for the hosted tab. A lot of players have made comments on the standard of levels the server has for example. In my opinion, they should take it from hosted, get the server to a decent stage were there aren't any, or at least aren't a lot of bugs and then apply for the hosted tab again.

I would have to agree with this statement. Servers should be well polished when going onto the hosted tab as this is the face of graal. People logging in and immediately seeing a server they havent seen on the list before usually draws attention. When people login though and start encountering bugs and issues, this causes a negative feeling for the player and could immediately hurt that servers reputation as well as discourage a player from ever returning. In the case of a new player to PC Graal comming on and they choose that server first out of others it could also discourage them from ever playing PC Graal as whole again. Without being polished enough it typically will never have a positive result to the playerbase.

DustyPorViva 02-18-2012 04:07 AM

Hosted status is not meant to represent some prime or polished server. It's meant to promote the server that has shown potential to help get them the staff they'll need to move forward.

However yes, they should be somewhat playable to a degree.

Matman58 02-18-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1684884)
Hosted status is not meant to represent some prime or polished server. It's meant to promote the server that has shown potential to help get them the staff they'll need to move forward.

However yes, they should be somewhat playable to a degree.

All I am saying is it should be polished enough where you arent freezing up in the intro part of the server. You also should have enough content ready so players that login have something to do other than AFK.

Emera 02-18-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matman58 (Post 1684886)
All I am saying is it should be polished enough where you arent freezing up in the intro part of the server. You also should have enough content ready so players that login have something to do other than AFK.

This. It's rigged with bugs and things that just don't work as they should.

Devil_Lord2 02-18-2012 11:21 PM

Wow, quite a lot of debates going on here. :D
Anyway, the server is looking much better, GMAP is almost fixed, and the conversion from GS1 to GS2 is going well.

The news looks better also..

Keep arguing, or come check it out!
Or come check it out and then argue.. The more players the better. ;]

I must warn you though, we are redoing the intro.. Other things are top priority however..

DustyPorViva 02-18-2012 11:24 PM

If the intro is mandatory to experience the server and it has this many issues, then it should be top priority.

Devil_Lord2 02-18-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1684828)

Honestly that has never happened to me... however I can't say I'm fond of the intro even if it didn't seem broken which the GS1 has done to it.

The story line should be changed, more scripts and/or ganis added, graphics for the broken houses.. I want there to be a tutorial to teach others to play as well.

It will be fixed, possibly not the way I would like it, but it will be fixed. :]
By the way, how have you been?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1684955)
If the intro is mandatory to experience the server and it has this many issues, then it should be top priority.

Yeah well... they are on their own agenda..
I took a video of the intro and told them what needs to be fixed.
May even do it my self if I have the time..

I'd also like to add in a special feature I was working on that I cannot announce as of this time.. but I think it would be pretty neat..

I do have a question for you if you know a lot about using url sounds, if that is alright.

Being only an FAQ, I can't say I have too much influence, nor power, let alone right to fix anything. Not without asking anyway..

DustyPorViva 02-18-2012 11:30 PM

Honestly if it's that buggy then just remove it for now until it's fixed.