Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphic Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Adding tiles to your tileset - tutorial! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47038)

Mykel 11-07-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gambet
well the script i use (i only use this when testing a tile set because you guys must have no lives if you add that script for every lvl)

//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {
addtiledef blah.png,lvl,1;
}

//Key//
blah.png (tiles gfx)
1 (the type)
////////

its a simple script and you guys really dont know much about inserting tiles to a server, and i think era split there tiles in 2 parts and uploaded it like that.

To add a tile set to your server (if its more then 64k), you put the tiles on a website then send stefan that website link and he will then add the tile set for you
(Note: the tiles will be placed in every lvl of ur server)

and thats how you do it, but if the tiles is shorter then 64k then you have to do it on your own.

You don't have to put it in every level. See, look at the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
addtiledef2 untitled.png,new,0*16,1*16;
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new makes it so that tileset works in all levels that start with new. You can change it to like levela, or anything like that, and have infinite tilesets that you need. They just correspond to the levelname.

Mykel 03-13-2004 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol, sorry for reviving, but I realized how usefull this still is as I went in to add grass tiles. But now this happened. The script is for it to replace 4,26 (the swamp tiles.)
o.o

WanDaMan 03-13-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mykel
Lol, sorry for reviving, but I realized how usefull this still is as I went in to add grass tiles. But now this happened. The script is for it to replace 4,26 (the swamp tiles.)
o.o

Your x n' y is a bit out of place? ;)

haunter 03-13-2004 09:19 PM

Amatures....

Instead of putting 4,26 as your X,y co-ords put: 4*16,26*16

Mykel 03-13-2004 09:23 PM

lmao, guess I shudda read my own tutorial! :)

Raelyn 06-18-2004 08:51 PM

Ok, I have been trying to get tilesets I make to work for a long time, and I am a horrible scripter. -.- I just noticed this post and decided maybe it wasn't a lost cause, so I opened the editor and tried it. Though, it doesn't seem to be working unfortunately, it's not even showing any change whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is what I have:

// NPC made by *Raelyn (VIP)
if (playerenters) {removetiledefs; addtiledef2 raeroadtile1.png,new,0*16,3*16;}

Now, my image is a 32x16 .png using only 4 different shades of grey and I saved it in psp7, and I'm trying to cover those two oppositing green brick tiles at the top of the tileset, as a test to see if I can figure this out, if nothing else.

Actually, I've just noticed something else, none of my pngs are working.. when I load them, nothing happens, so I hit play and it locks up. -.- Then I hit F4 and the whole level is reverted back to grass, but I can load other files from webgifs just fine. -.- Maybe my problem isn't the script. What could be wrong with my pngs? :o

Mykel 06-19-2004 08:03 AM

.gif always works for me.
Or if it is .png, make sure it is 8bit!

There are converting programs that can do this for you.
The one I used to use is:
Wiagra Batch Converter, search for it...

haunter 06-19-2004 08:39 AM

Or gif2MNG... But you know... If wasting time is like, your thing or whatever... Go with the other one.

Mykel 06-19-2004 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haunter
Or gif2MNG... But you know... If wasting time is like, your thing or whatever... Go with the other one.

I like it because it does many other things too...

WanDaMan 06-19-2004 09:22 AM

ok.. why are you multiplying the values?
okay, why not just do a simpler way..
count how many tiles you want across and x the number by 16, same for y..
or you can guess, whats what i normally do.
i.e
addtiledef wan_tiles.gif,world_a-01.nw,32,32;

and you only use removetiledef untill you've got the tile in the right location, afterwords it can be removed.

Raelyn 06-19-2004 01:49 PM

How do I even use gif2mng?

Edit: Ok, so I just dragged a gif onto it because apparently that works, and it did. But what if I don't want an MNG, what if I want a png, and does that automatically make it 8bit?

Raelyn 06-19-2004 06:34 PM

Ok, I just wanted to make an update here, for a program that is as simple as the lovely drag'n'drop gif2mng if you want instant 8bit pngs for graal I highly suggest the exorcist. :D I just found it, and it's awesome. :)

http://www.nigels.com/exorcist/Download.html

Very helpful. :)

teshy2 06-19-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykel
o.o

Oh, spiffy grass. I wanna roll around in it.

Uhm... yeah... *goes back on topic*

haunter 06-19-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raelyn
How do I even use gif2mng?

Edit: Ok, so I just dragged a gif onto it because apparently that works, and it did. But what if I don't want an MNG, what if I want a png, and does that automatically make it 8bit?

If you drop a static gif into gif2MNG then it will make it a png.

LordZen 06-19-2004 09:22 PM

Yea, and animated gif's turn into a mng...because png's cant be animated lol.