Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal V5 is coming ! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75224)

unixmad 07-10-2007 08:33 PM

Graal V5 is coming !

After months of work and testing we are very close to be able to release Graal V5, this is a major step in the life of graal:
  • New Graal version 5: Dockable Playerlist, Video capturing, Direct Login, Optimized and tested, GUI improvements, Improved support for Flash, Script improvements
  • New Website
  • New Subscriptions: Kingdoms Gold Subscription, Zone Gold Subscription, Playerworlds Gold Subscription, Developer Gold Subscription
  • New guest/trial mode directly playable in IE or Firefox
  • New Graal Zone
  • Graal Skills
  • New Playerworlds hosting
  • Tons of other new features...

To get all the details check the Newsletter

Rufus 07-10-2007 08:39 PM

Wow, a lot of work I'm impressed! :megaeek:

The new gui isn't all that though..

pooper200000 07-10-2007 08:40 PM

I like this. :D

How close is very close like in coming weeks?

Skyld 07-10-2007 08:40 PM

Yeah, some very nice things there! Excellent stuff.

Darlene159 07-10-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1327612)
Wow, a lot of work I'm impressed! :megaeek:

As am I. I am very excited about the new stuff! :D

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 08:42 PM

Wow, removing all offline stuff huh? :(
Quite the opposite of GS2 support in the editor.

Twinny 07-10-2007 08:44 PM

I love the GUIs!!

How many new colours/styles have been made?

The start button on the Valikorlia screenshot though...not liking that :x

P.s. http://www.graalonline.com/newslette...es_website.jpg <- 'Resource' is spelt wrong :( Also, 'More informations' should probably be, 'More information' as information doesn't have a plural.

About the developer guild thing...will it take over the current playerworld hosting scheme or will it co-incide...I like working alone for the most part :p.
If it does take over, will playerworlds remain as they are until they expire or will this new scheme take over straight away?

Rapidwolve 07-10-2007 08:48 PM

I KNEW there was a new website being made, I sensed it for some reason.

Crono 07-10-2007 08:49 PM

Too early for me to start complaining, but atleast Games World will be back...

Crono 07-10-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1327623)
I take that back, this is pretty ridiculous. People are paying to develop completely now? I'm not going to rant about it, but this is not the right direction you should be heading in, seriously and a lot of people are going to most likely move on after this.

Let's chill for a while, we'll see how it goes when it's released.

godofwarares 07-10-2007 08:51 PM

I like this already. The GUIs look MUCH sexier than they look currently.

Googi 07-10-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1327610)
Video capturing

Oh man, this will be huge for corruption/crime fighting if it actually happens.

Crow 07-10-2007 08:56 PM

Yay! I hope you will release it soon :D

Curt1zzle 07-10-2007 08:56 PM

Playerworlds Gold Subscription, as in, monthly fee for playerworlds now?

If true, RIP Graal.

Oh, P.S., that is the ugliest website I've ever seen. You took like 5 steps back, the current one is gorgeous. Just keep it updated.

Darlene159 07-10-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderBread (Post 1327632)
I'd say all of its failed. Graal 3D failed, and they should have given up, and put graal Bomy Moon on, which was WAY funner. Anyone and everyone could simply enjoy that server, but they got rid of it. The new site does like look a fan site, and the only classic green gui did look better. Anyway they can Graal tries to make money with there stupid different subscription scams... Graal 3D will fail again. It will die, and they will work on it AGAIN. They don't know when to give up on horrible servers, and work on the better ones.

Subscription scams? It is called a business. If a business does not make money, then said business will shut down. Cool it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt1zzle (Post 1327633)
Oh, P.S., that is the ugliest website I've ever seen. You took like 5 steps back, the current one is gorgeous. Just keep it updated.

I like the way it looks. I hope they change the forums to match it. :)

Rapidwolve 07-10-2007 09:05 PM

Now now, don't degrade them they put alot of work into this. My opinion on this was that they spent too much time working on the website and things when it wasn't really needed. This new website doesn't really feel like regular Graal to me, it looks like some kiddy game. They should of just worked on the client more. Nethertheless good job.

anubis_wing 07-10-2007 09:05 PM

When is the release date?

godofwarares 07-10-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderBread (Post 1327638)
This just fails... I didnt mean actual "scamming" but any way to make money, they'll do it. This just sucks. They were good back in the old days with the green gui. I dont like this blue one and it's quite annoying. Graal 3D just sucks, it just does. I would be ALL for it if they put Graal Bomy moon back.

Dude, Shut up. They're updating as they go along. Got a problem? Get over it.

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 09:06 PM

We have to pay to make the content for the game now? Words can not express.

ArushenP2P 07-10-2007 09:06 PM

Wait I don't get it. So Gold Accounts are seperate to each type of servers from Graal Kingdom Gold, Zone Gold, and Classic Gold. That means you have to pay three times the money just to play on all three of them?

What will happen to us VIP/Gold Accounts :X

contiga 07-10-2007 09:07 PM

Wait eum.. I am using v5 now and it's kinda.. not-working-proper -.-

Crono 07-10-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1327648)
You are terribly ignorant. There are some interesting additions.

Like having to pay to develop? Nice one.

Admins 07-10-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1327642)
We have to pay to make the content for the game now? Words can not express.

It is replacing the playerworld renting, you had to pay for that before too :confused:

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 09:14 PM

Well it's kind of vague, now it seems like we have to pay to get the dev tools? Or just to get the playerword? I'm not really following what we're paying for. If we're paying for dev tools, it's a lot different than having a server.

Crow 07-10-2007 09:14 PM

Exactly. If its replacing the pw renting, whats so wrong about that? But I want to know if there will still be lifetime accounts or atleast one playerworld thats free for everyone or which you can buy a lifetime subscription for. If not, I guess Graal wont live any longer :/

Googi 07-10-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArushenP2P (Post 1327643)
Wait I don't get it. So Gold Accounts are seperate to each type of servers from Graal Kingdom Gold, Zone Gold, and Classic Gold. That means you have to pay three times the money just to play on all three of them?

The prices for each aren't known. I'm not entirely sure that this is a good move since most people only play one server (especially only one gold server) and the price probably won't be $40 for each "type" of gold.

Crono 07-10-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1327650)
It is replacing the playerworld renting, you had to pay for that before too :confused:

Quote:

The developer subscription gives you access to developer tools and lets you create your own playerworld if you join a developer guild with a minimum of 5 developers.
What do you mean by developer tools? We have to pay for level editor, RC, and graal shop?

Darlene159 07-10-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1327652)
Well it's kind of vague, now it seems like we have to pay to get the dev tools? Or just to get the playerword? I'm not really following what we're paying for. If we're paying for dev tools, it's a lot different than having a server.

The developer subscription goes hand in hand with the New playerworld hosting.

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 09:20 PM

Exactly, having to pay for dev tools is a lot different than paying for a server. Anyone could go get the editor, graal shop and such and never dedicate themselves to a server, pay a dime, yet still contribute a lot. It's in a whole different league than paying to have your own server.

Tigairius 07-10-2007 09:20 PM

I think it's for people who don't work on a server, but want to develop skills in scripting and developing.

UberModeKappa 07-10-2007 09:21 PM

No new graal 3d movies :(

ArushenP2P 07-10-2007 09:23 PM

but I will still have to pay after it's expired. Oh and the developer tools being a cost. That will make most developers leave Graal :(. Stefan or Unix needs to give us deeper information on Accounts and such

Admins 07-10-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1327656)
What do you mean by developer tools? We have to pay for level editor, RC, and graal shop?

That is for advertising the developer pack: you will get access to many tools. It is NOT for killing offline editing.

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 09:27 PM

I just really wanna know, are people going to have to pay to make levels, make ganis and such if they don't work on a server?
If so, I feel that's kind of like having your employee pay you.
I mean, I can understand paying for a person to get a chunk of a server to script online stuff, but for stuff like gani's and making levels, that's a blow.

Crow 07-10-2007 09:27 PM

Several questions:
1. Zone and GK subscription. How much will they cost, and how long will they last?
2. Zone items for real munies? Mh...every damn items for real munies? Yes or no? (If so, I will quit Zone for sure.)
3. Can you reskin/remove that start bar? That one just wont fit with some server designs..

Shakram 07-10-2007 09:29 PM

this bar with the start button looks totally ugly i hope we can turn it off :O looks like from a zylom childish game :O

Tigairius 07-10-2007 09:32 PM

They're Turning Graal In To Fairyland!! Run!!

Googi 07-10-2007 09:33 PM

Wait, from the looks of things people won't be able to buy their own servers anymore and instead will have to get a developer subscription and then find 4 other people with developer subscriptions. Yet Graal was making thousands of dollars from idiots buying servers that never went anywhere. Why are you making it harder for them to give their money to Graal?

Darlene159 07-10-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1327675)
They're Turning Graal In To Fairyland!! Run!!

Sometimes change is good for the future. I can't speak for others, but I am tired of looking at the same old stuff. It's boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1327677)
Wait, from the looks of things people won't be able to buy their own servers anymore and instead will have to get a developer subscription and then find 4 other people with developer subscriptions. Yet Graal was making thousands of dollars from idiots buying servers that never went anywhere. Why are you making it harder for them to give their money to Graal?

Maybe they would like to see more quality servers...just my guess.

Twinny 07-10-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1327646)
I don't think it has been released yet?

Something tells me he is a beta tester or something similiar.