Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions about V6 (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Staff accounts? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265396)

MattKan 12-23-2011 07:42 AM

Staff accounts?

Am I allowed to make staff accounts (one account per staff at a time) or would this qualify as account sharing?

Tigairius 12-23-2011 07:49 AM

It's account sharing. However, you may upgrade your staff members' accounts for them by having them send you a gift request.

scriptless 12-26-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1679209)
It's account sharing. However, you may upgrade your staff members' accounts for them by having them send you a gift request.

I might not understand the question. But how is this account sharing? Are you talking about making, and then giving over email/user/pass to said staff? I was under the impression sharing implied both parties had access to the account.

Unless however, you mean when they quit/get fired give the account to the next person you hire. That could, potentially be account sharing.

It is best to just upgrade your staff on a month-to-month basis. Even tho year round is cheaper.

Bell 12-28-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1679557)

Unless however, you mean when they quit/get fired give the account to the next person you hire. That could, potentially be account sharing.

This is how he wanted to do it, while keeping actual ownership himself. That would be sharing.

Cloven 12-29-2011 03:59 AM

It probably would be less confusing if account sharing hadn't been selectively permitted for years upon years. ;)

Bell 12-29-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloven (Post 1679802)
It probably would be less confusing if account sharing hadn't been selectively permitted for years upon years. ;)

Change is a part of life, might as well get used to it. I'd say that years and years ago it wasn't as important. About everyone that actually played had lifetime classic accounts so sharing wasn't as big of an issue as it is now. It was mostly done to evade bans and jailings. Now its done to evade the p2p system. Whether we like it or not this is how business is run and Graal is a business.

NicoX 12-29-2011 11:01 PM

Why its not possible to buy Staff Accounts? Like Account upgrades which only works for 1 specific Server.

Example:
10 USD for 6 months Gold Upgrade on Playerworld Esteria.

Its an idea. And maybe we will see some new Servers soon because ppl with Classic Upgrades are willed to pay that few bucks to develope again :)

Emera 12-29-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1679967)
Why its not possible to buy Staff Accounts? Like Account upgrades which only works for 1 specific Server.

Example:
10 USD for 6 months Gold Upgrade on Playerworld Esteria.

Its an idea. And maybe we will see some new Servers soon because ppl with Classic Upgrades are willed to pay that few bucks to develope again :)

But we want gold and all that kind of crap wiped out entirely. This just adds to the unnecessary complexity.

NicoX 12-29-2011 11:46 PM

Yes you want Gold out. Why should Eurocenter remove Gold upgrades. Somehow they have to earn money. Or do you work for free ? if so you are welcome.

Crow 12-29-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1679976)
Or do you work for free ?

On Graal, yes I do, and did for many years.

Bell 12-30-2011 12:22 AM

I'd be willing to bet money that it was Emera who neg repped me for stating the facts of life that is Graal. Its ok to leave your name, I'm not into the "Vengence is mine sayeth the PWA"

Emera 12-30-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1679980)
I'd be willing to bet money that it was Emera who neg repped me for stating the facts of life that is Graal. Its ok to leave your name, I'm not into the "Vengence is mine sayeth the PWA"

Why do you think it was me :cry: I didn't do that my sweetie <3 I always leave my name just in case you leik wot u see
(So can I have the money you bet? ^_^)

scriptless 12-30-2011 12:48 AM

Personally, iI would rather see staff not need a subscription to work on servers they are staff for. Why does graal want to make people pay for it's development?

Every other game pay's its developers. This is the least graal could do. They would still have to pay to play other servers.

NicoX 12-30-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1679982)
Why do you think it was me :cry: I didn't do that my sweetie <3 I always leave my name just in case you leik wot u see
(So can I have the money you bet? ^_^)

You are always neg repping ppl without giving your name. We know it.

NicoX 12-30-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1679987)
Personally, iI would rather see staff not need a subscription to work on servers they are staff for. Why does graal want to make people pay for it's development?

Every other game pay's its developers. This is the least graal could do. They would still have to pay to play other servers.

Well 30 usd or whatever for 8 months Gold is a very very fair price in my eyes. Graal gives you a platform to increase your skills with developing.
But I like the idea for paying SERIOUS Developers on Graal who could improve the Game way more and way faster. Regular updates would make people willed to pay. But this is faaaar in the future I believe :P