Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Quality Content (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134270379)

Kamaeru 09-11-2016 03:24 PM

Quality Content

Can we work to create an atmosphere conducive to allow developers to create quality content?

I've noticed that the current spectrum of available servers doesn't even include a classic-style server. The last one that was available was UN, which excuse my description but it was a very poorly designed server.

If there are a few quality long-time Graal developers wishing to produce content for your game, why are you turning them away? If the excuse is no players on PC Graal, why are you blaming the solution? The problem is lack of content.

Crono 09-11-2016 04:41 PM

mby they dont want good content on pc and instead have it focused on the iservers :)?

Kamaeru 09-11-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1739800)
mby they dont want good content on pc and instead have it focused on the iservers :)?

That makes sense in theory. But in practice I have noticed the iServers are even worse content-wise than UN.

Crono 09-12-2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1739804)
That makes sense in theory. But in practice I have noticed the iServers are even worse content-wise than UN.

ya but maybe the higher ups want devs to focus on those servers so they can improve while also being financially viable. i dont agree with it but i think that's their reasoning.

PlanetOscar 09-12-2016 05:49 AM

They focus on iServers because of the financial aspect of the game

maximus_asinus 09-12-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanetOscar (Post 1739807)
They focus on iServers because of the financial aspect of the game

Can't the exact same payment model they're running on mobile be adapted by PC Graal? Why ignore a completely new money resource?

Tim_Rocks 09-12-2016 08:39 PM

I don't understand how creating better development tools isn't a bigger priority.

superbusyrobot 09-12-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1739799)
The problem is lack of content.

Or, you know, advertising, since this is 2016 and you can't just Google 'Zelda Online' and Graal comes up as the first hit.

Seriously, Graal as a whole needs to be advertised a bit more than it is now. It's very obscure at this point.

Crono 09-13-2016 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1739820)
I don't understand how creating better development tools isn't a bigger priority.

prob cuz they wanna focus on a new engine/client. who is realistically going to update this one? stefan is gone so...:(

Skyld 09-13-2016 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1739819)
Can't the exact same payment model they're running on mobile be adapted by PC Graal? Why ignore a completely new money resource?

There's a bit of psychology involved here but people are generally more willing to spend money on something they can take everywhere with them than something that they would have to be tethered to a computer that they barely would otherwise use. I don't think the same microtransaction model as the iOS servers would really work on PC.

xXziroXx 09-13-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1739830)
I don't think the same microtransaction model as the iOS servers would really work on PC.

You say that, but the vast majority of Facebook flash games disagrees with it! :D

The same microtransaction model works fine for many of the older PC games as well, Maplestory being one of the giants that comes to mind in that market. Heck, even Blizzard has been running microtransactions for WoW successfully for years now.

Skyld 09-13-2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1739831)
You say that, but the vast majority of Facebook flash games disagrees with it! :D

The same microtransaction model works fine for many of the older PC games as well, Maplestory being one of the giants that comes to mind in that market. Heck, even Blizzard has been running microtransactions for WoW successfully for years now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx
flash games

oh no.

itsCyber 09-13-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1739799)
Can we work to create an atmosphere conducive to allow developers to create quality content?

I've noticed that the current spectrum of available servers doesn't even include a classic-style server. The last one that was available was UN, which excuse my description but it was a very poorly designed server.

If there are a few quality long-time Graal developers wishing to produce content for your game, why are you turning them away? If the excuse is no players on PC Graal, why are you blaming the solution? The problem is lack of content.

I know what you mean by high quality content. Lots of servers including servers that are under construction lack high standard work. I have been on some playerworlds where they have displayed great quality work from the weapons, the ganis, the graphics and the levels. But overall I think if people want to get hosted they need to show it and show that they can apply the efforts and prove themself. :)

Crono 09-13-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1739834)
oh no.

Oh yis.

xXziroXx 09-13-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1739834)
oh no.

Say what you will, but they get a lot of money from microtransactions. It clearly works on PC!