Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Hog (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84553)

Darugo 03-07-2009 04:15 PM

Hog

Is it just me, or does Graal seem like a giant hog on virtually everything?
I run a sleek quad core (Q6600), and whenever I roam the Era streets I lag after every 20 or so steps.
This also happened on my old Pentium computer, and this is not my internet.

Any word on Graal not completely sucking up everything?

Also:
Is it just me but whenever I run a game like persay World of Warcraft, or Team Fortress 2. Graal craps out and says 'DirectX couldn't be initialized. Please download it from microsoft

xXziroXx 03-07-2009 05:23 PM

More or less exact same problem for me, and I've had it since XP was newly released, and nowadays I use Vista.

cbk1994 03-07-2009 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Graal runs very smoothly on my setup, besides the annoying glitches (crashes when you lock the computer, if you add/remove another monitor, Graal's screen turns gray and you have to restart, and it locks up randomly sometimes).

However, it doesn't seem to hog my resources at all.

LoneAngelIbesu 03-07-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1472116)
However, it doesn't seem to hog my resources at all.

What graphics set-up do you have? I've seen the pattern of higher quality graphics, a few more problems with Graal.

The computer I'm using has an old S3 ProSavageDDR, and the only thing with Graal that I have to deal with is that I can't see GUIs unless I'm in 16-bit color mode.

cbk1994 03-07-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1472117)
What graphics set-up do you have?

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT on a MacBook Pro with 2x Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs @ 2.6 GHz with 4 GB RAM.

Deas_Voice 03-07-2009 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i took two pictures inside and outside on Era. i lag pretty bad too, but its not just era, its Zodiac, Zone, GK ( and others ).
i know it's my OS (vista) not the servers.

Edit: i know it is the wrong thread but i just wanted to say it :(

Darugo 03-07-2009 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:/

edit: Also I have lights&weather disabled.

LoneAngelIbesu 03-07-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1472159)

You could try closing all unnecessary processes. For instance, I doubt you need iPodService.exe/iTunesHelper.exe running when you don't have your iPod plugged in. I've also had problems running Graal when having Rainmeter open.

@Deas_Voice: That's an extremely high memory use level. That's about the same level that the Sims 2 uses on high quality game settings. x_x I don't know what to say about that.

Crono 03-07-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1472085)
Is it just me, or does Graal seem like a giant hog on virtually everything?
I run a sleek quad core (Q6600), and whenever I roam the Era streets I lag after every 20 or so steps.

I find it happens when you have too many files in your Graal directory. At this point I usually just rename the existing folder to something like graal_timeofyear aka graal_late2008 and re-install it fresh.

Deas_Voice 03-07-2009 09:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1472170)
@Deas_Voice: That's an extremely high memory use level. That's about the same level that the Sims 2 uses on high quality game settings. x_x I don't know what to say about that.

haha, i know xD
my fan goes high every time i log on a server that is displayed on login page.
(except hosted)

e: i took two pictures of the login page too, in case of stefan sees this thread..

Darugo 03-07-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1472170)
You could try closing all unnecessary processes. For instance, I doubt you need iPodService.exe/iTunesHelper.exe running when you don't have your iPod plugged in. I've also had problems running Graal when having Rainmeter open.

No I'm not saying it isn't bad for me, it's just that for this 2D game thats technically like 10+ years old it should get a performance upgrade.

Pimmeh 03-07-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1472159)

Your account name means chicken in dutch, haha!
Kip, not Darugo

LoneAngelIbesu 03-07-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1472189)
No I'm not saying it isn't bad for me, it's just that for this 2D game thats technically like 10+ years old it should get a performance upgrade.

The current client is only two years old, I think. But, some attention should be given to better performance.

Chompy 03-08-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1472184)
haha, i know xD
my fan goes high every time i log on a server that is displayed on login page.
(except hosted)

e: i took two pictures of the login page too, in case of stefan sees this thread..

Is it me or do you have MANY processes running? What CPU do you have?

Deas_Voice 03-08-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1472228)
Is it me or do you have MANY processes running? What CPU do you have?

dono where to find CPU's @vista :(