Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rate/Comment (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56831)

Suruku 01-02-2005 11:43 PM

Rate/Comment

1 Attachment(s)
I made this level, i think its pretty good. post your comments and or rates. thx.

Evil_Trunks 01-02-2005 11:58 PM

It's alright

cliffs have tiling errors

that's the only big thing wrong (to me)

haunter 01-03-2005 12:01 AM

I like it alot. Impressive. The only things that I would do is move that large cave entrance either, up, down, left, or right one tile; and fix up some of the diagonal cliffing stuff.

Add more levels. :) Make a little map or something.

syltburk 01-03-2005 12:42 AM

It looks a bit dry, if you understand what I mean.

WanDaMan 01-03-2005 12:52 PM

Nice cliffing, you might want to add a bit more detail into the grass though. Take Shadowless's advice about the cave enterance.

To do a map download the development package from the setup.exe. Once installed, in your Graal2001 folder you'll find "Level Generator" you'll find a document in the folder telling you how to work it.

Kaimetsu 01-03-2005 12:54 PM

Too many bushes, cliffs are weird.

Doahh_p2p 01-03-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
Too many bushes, cliffs are weird.

1) Never too many bushes
2) They are CLIFFS and not straight and crummy

haunter 01-03-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doahh_p2p
1) Never too many bushes

That's less than true. You CAN have too many bushes; but I dont think there are too many in this level, they're placed nicely.

Suruku 01-04-2005 02:38 AM

yay! thanks for the comments

haro41 01-04-2005 08:08 AM

the level is certainly pretty. the bushes do make the level look nice, but they arent placed very well if you plan on using this level. the person will have to slash at least 3 to get up the ramp

Snakeandy7 01-04-2005 11:58 AM

Foogly level, I honestly agree with what Kai has stated :[.
Found some errors, try not to put bush's in the way of the players walk. (infront of houses/entrences and such.

DarkShadows_Legend 01-05-2005 05:09 AM

Rate: 6/10

It's fairly nice. Something about the bushes near the cliffs bother me.

Crono 01-05-2005 06:12 AM

Too many bushes, nice cliff ideas, as jaffer said it looks a little "dry", and I like that house thing that goes over the cliff.

5/10

Shaun 01-05-2005 06:29 PM

I won't give you a numerical rating, I'm too afraid of showing inconsistency, but what I do not like, I will point out:

-Climate doesn't make sense: How could you have a desert near a body of water, with bushes, but not "swamp"? "Swamp" is really long grass, and if there is enough moisture to have bushes grow (as well as those newer plants I see), then certainly there is enough moisture for longer grass to grow. A desert COULD exist that close to a body of water, but it would need a barrier to keep out the moisture, not a desert valley right beside it (the body of water).
-The dirt patches/grass patches, save for the desert part, are mostly generic and bland.
-Random fence posts. I don't know if this is the new Graal style that came with NewMain (yes, a very distinct style did arise when NewMain came. I'm a fan of the more classic style). At first I thought maybe this was the remains of a farm or such, with only fence posts remaining. The time it would take the tectonic plates the shift to turn the farm into a mountainous terrain like this would have easily demolished the fence posts, even the one with big buff arms.
-Various tile errors on either side of the house where it connects over that mountain part. How nobody yet picked up on this really disturbs me. Also, there are a couple very minor tile errors with a couple of the cliff tops. As well as some of the grass connecting to dirt. Also, the top-left most corner tile. I don't know if that will work, I would have to see other levels connecting to this.