Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Most important skill (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75686)

Struggler 07-19-2007 05:51 PM

Most important skill

If you were to choose from LAT, GAT, NAT, or Gani Team, which is the most essential to Graal's Creation? (Your oppinion)

Switch 07-19-2007 07:41 PM

NAT completely, no question about it. Without scripts you have completely nothing except some ganis (the reg idle, walk, grab, pull) and images but that's IT

ArushenP2P 07-19-2007 07:54 PM

Without graphics nor gani. There is nothing to script. So this is a hard question.

I would choose GFX because Gani relies on Graphics to animate and level relies on GFX too for the tileset.

Twinny 07-19-2007 07:55 PM

NATs most definitely come first. I'll give second place to GATs from experience. Although I'm sure LATs have a tough job: I'd say they come in last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArushenP2P (Post 1332524)
Without graphics nor gani. There is nothing to script. So this is a hard question.

I scripted an entire server without a GAT or a Gani artist. For ganis, I just used the default sword gani. For graphics, I just used whatever was similar in size. I could make everything than come back to graphics. This also helps GATs to know what exactly the graphic needs to do.

kenyonandelliot 07-19-2007 08:35 PM

GFX.. You can't make ganis without gfx, you can script without it either unless you want a black spot moving or something.. And without gfx there wouldn't be any tiles for leveling.

Yeah.. And I voted for the wrong one, lol.

Shakram 07-19-2007 08:37 PM

You need all to do a server
you dont need nats more than lats or gats

xXziroXx 07-19-2007 08:43 PM

Yes, you do need all to make a server. However, scripters can make a complete server with the default Graal ganis and images, so we can make entire servers on our own if we want too.

zephirot 07-19-2007 08:43 PM

I would say NAT

TalonShriner 07-19-2007 08:48 PM

I'm gonna say LAT just for argument sake ;D
The levels they make are the first things that people notice when they get on a server. More people want to hang out in a server that has good levels. :)

Shakram 07-19-2007 09:13 PM

If you only allowed to do one thing its the Lat yeah because you dont need new scripts graphics or ganis because of the standard things
but the most people can do more than one thing

Crono 07-19-2007 09:15 PM

LAT 4 lyfe

Inverness 07-19-2007 10:25 PM

Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.

Cloven 07-19-2007 10:31 PM

If all of the defaults given in Graal were to remain, LAT would be my answer. Levels are the basis for which everything else is granted a purpose. Now in terms of customizability, NPC making takes the cake.

Inspiration 07-20-2007 01:14 AM

If you're a good enough NAT, you can actually make custom level creation scripts that make acceptable (not perfect) levels. Technically, you could make an entire overworld in a few hours using scripts.

Custom graphics are also not really that important.

Even though I personally am more of an LAT than anything, NAT is the hardest, most demanding, and overall most important job on any server.

People don't care about halfassed levels and scripts if there are tons of awesome NPCs, events, games, and other things to do. However, awesome levels with little scripted content will be boring very quickly.

Thrashsoul3 07-20-2007 01:18 AM

Without graphics you have nothing to script or level. End of story.