Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions about V6 (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   is Graal##### ever going to be removed? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257433)

k_killar 12-24-2009 12:18 AM

is Graal##### ever going to be removed?

i thought this graal ### thing was temporary so that new players can get the good accounts names and not taken already

fowlplay4 12-24-2009 12:19 AM

No.

Crono 12-24-2009 12:45 AM

Hope registration is reverted back to the way it used to be.

DarkReaper0 12-24-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1546648)
Hope registration is reverted back to the way it used to be.

Hold on, let me ask Satan what the temperature is in his house.

Elizabeth 12-24-2009 02:47 AM

no

Demisis_P2P 12-24-2009 07:07 AM

The way that Stefan explained it at first was that Graal###### wasn't meant to be visible at all unless the person hasn't already chosen an account name.

Account names were going to become a hidden thing and the use of email addresses for login and community names for in-game would take over.

The problem is that he didn't change anything on the client at all to actually hide the stupid account names, so now we're stuck with them.

What he should have done was just make all trial accounts expire if they haven't been accessed in 3 months.

cbk1994 12-24-2009 07:09 AM

Graal###### will only disappear when scripters start making their scripts not show them. As far as I know, the client doesn't actually show account names at all.

The reason the transition is so annoying to scripters is that many legacy scripts need major renovation to work with community names, plus there's a huge lack of support for them.

Demisis_P2P 12-24-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1546725)
Graal###### will only disappear when scripters start making their scripts not show them. As far as I know, the client doesn't actually show account names at all.

The reason the transition is so annoying to scripters is that many legacy scripts need major renovation to work with community names, plus there's a huge lack of support for them.

Playerlist "show account instead of nick" uses accounts instead of community names. Profiles still show account names instead of community names.
RC needs to be updated as well.

Is there a community name equivalent of #a? Or has #a been changed to point to community names instead of account names?

cbk1994 12-24-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P (Post 1546726)
Is there a community name equivalent of #a? Or has #a been changed to point to community names instead of account names?

You haven't scripted in a while, have you? :p

#a hasn't been used for years. The new Gscript equivalent is player.account, and the community name variable is player.communityname.

Catbert 12-25-2009 12:31 AM

Nope.

k_killar 12-25-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 1546920)
Nope.

i heard..

Demisis_P2P 12-25-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1546734)
You haven't scripted in a while, have you? :p

#a hasn't been used for years. The new Gscript equivalent is player.account, and the community name variable is player.communityname.

I knew about player.account but I don't use GS2 much so my brain reverts to GS1. Like an English speaker trying to speak Spanish, my thoughts are still in English :)

Anyway, I thought the gang gui on Era was updated recently? It's still showing account names.
Look at the cluster of Graal###### accounts here. Would suck if one of them offtagged and then logged off and you couldn't remember who to remove.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6909/image3f.png

cbk1994 12-25-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P (Post 1547006)
I knew about player.account but I don't use GS2 much so my brain reverts to GS1. Like an English speaker trying to speak Spanish, my thoughts are still in English :)

Anyway, I thought the gang gui on Era was updated recently? It's still showing account names.
Look at the cluster of Graal###### accounts here. Would suck if one of them offtagged and then logged off and you couldn't remember who to remove.

It would be difficult to adapt the current one since community names can change. It's not worth the time since Sales hopes to release his soon.

Demisis_P2P 12-25-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1547012)
It would be difficult to adapt the current one since community names can change. It's not worth the time since Sales hopes to release his soon.

Man don't even bother. Community names are such a steaming pile of ****.
If everybody keeps neglecting to update all of their systems to include community names maybe in like 15 years Stefan will finally get rid of that crap.

Account names (visible static)
Community names (invisible dynamic (unless you change all your scripts and make them visible))
Nicknames (visible dynamic)

Which of those seems the most useless to you?

WhiteDragon 12-25-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demisis_p2p (Post 1547016)
man don't even bother. Community names are such a steaming pile of ****.
If everybody keeps neglecting to update all of their systems to include community names maybe in like 15 years stefan will finally get rid of that crap.

Account names (visible static)
community names (invisible dynamic (unless you change all your scripts and make them visible))
nicknames (visible dynamic)

which of those seems the most useless to you?

(☞゚∀゚)☞