Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My new Graal Youtube video (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78257)

Vima 01-06-2008 05:49 PM

My new Graal Youtube video

Behind the scenes..The camera follows me when im making levels for AEON.
World: Elan : The Faded Nation.

;)

Galdor 01-06-2008 05:56 PM

cool =)

Pimmeh 01-06-2008 06:12 PM

Very nice! Kudo's to you my man!

Chompy 01-06-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1368455)
Behind the scenes..The camera follows me when im making levels for AEON.
World: Elan : The Faded Nation.

;)

That's just awesome :D <3

Xterminator 01-06-2008 07:04 PM

Wow thats awsome! ^^

Vima 01-06-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1368472)
That's just awesome :D <3

Me or the video? ;) j/k.
Thanks!

Dan 01-06-2008 11:31 PM

Very well done!

Tracker180 01-07-2008 12:07 AM

"I found you! (and) I like to move it move it" lmao, vid 4/5, level 5/5, overall 9/10, good job

Vima 01-07-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker180 (Post 1368541)
"I found you! (and) I like to move it move it" lmao, vid 4/5, level 5/5, overall 9/10, good job

Thanks! Wow. Didn't know that so much people would like it. Just made it for fun, something that would make me want to finish the 4 levels fasssst :P!

Chompy 01-07-2008 10:55 PM

You're gonna make more videos? :p

Tigairius 01-07-2008 11:13 PM

Wow, I wish I could copy other levels as well as you can. Lets teach new coming LATs that it's o.k. to copy other levels and just copy and paste. That sure does take a lot of talent and skill. Seriously, if you're going to make a video on making levels at least use original material. That level you copied from wasn't even made by you.

Vima 01-08-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1368712)
Wow, I wish I could copy other levels as well as you can. Lets teach new coming LATs that it's o.k. to copy other levels and just copy and paste. That sure does take a lot of talent and skill. Seriously, if you're going to make a video on making levels at least use original material. That level you copied from wasn't even made by you.

Tig, once again you are wrong.
I copied the trees from a diffrent level, which I've made earlier.
Yes, the other level was also from Faded Nation. Does it really matter? Would problaby have taken me 10mins more to make the trees and cliff without copying some parts of it from a diffrent level. Besides, I just made this for fun, something that would motivate me, something that would get me those 4 levels finished in 1 day. This wasn't some kind of guide of "How to make levels".

cbk1994 01-08-2008 12:48 AM

This video was amazing. The levels look great. I wish I could make levels like that.

Admins 01-08-2008 03:12 AM

When I do levels I'm always copying from other levels, makes stuff much easier, especially for cliffs

Tigairius 01-08-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1368731)
Tig, once again you are wrong.
I copied the trees from a diffrent level, which I've made earlier.
Yes, the other level was also from Faded Nation. Does it really matter? Would problaby have taken me 10mins more to make the trees and cliff without copying some parts of it from a diffrent level. Besides, I just made this for fun, something that would motivate me, something that would get me those 4 levels finished in 1 day. This wasn't some kind of guide of "How to make levels".

Don't know, I think it would have just been neater if you didn't copy someone else's levels.

MrAnonymous_P2P 01-08-2008 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1368760)
Don't know, I think it would have just been neater if you didn't copy someone else's levels.

I believe he stated that he made the level that he was copying from earlier.

And Stefan I would like to see one of your levels. I wonder if it is anything like that first osl that the new playerworlds get when they get there playerworld.

cbk1994 01-08-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P (Post 1368777)
that first osl that the new playerworlds get when they get there playerworld.

@lol

Tigairius 01-08-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P (Post 1368777)
I believe he stated that he made the level that he was copying from earlier.

If he did, then he's lying. I know the people who made those levels.

Vima 01-08-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1368833)
If he did, then he's lying. I know the people who made those levels.

I made the level from where I copied the trees.
The other level was made by either Daeviouz,TooT or Katie, it was the old hunting level on Faded Nation. (A very old level).
LOL it really doesn't matter, if you don't have anything positive to say, then go somewhere else. You always have to go to me and complain, weather it's my leveling skill or something else. Go somewhere else, kid.

Tigairius 01-08-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1368849)
I made the level from where I copied the trees.
The other level was made by either Daeviouz,TooT or Katie, it was the old hunting level on Faded Nation. (A very old level).
LOL it really doesn't matter, if you don't have anything positive to say, then go somewhere else. You always have to go to me and complain, weather it's my leveling skill or something else. Go somewhere else, kid.

It's not my fault you can't handle some sort of criticism about your work. I am providing insight, "weather" it's negative or positive, kid. The forums allow me to say whatever I want, that's why it's a forum, there is no rule on here that says, "EVERYTHING YOU SAY MUST BE STROKING THE OTHER PERSON'S EGO." You say I "go to you and complain," whether it's your leveling skill or something else? What else would there be? You don't do anything else, and if you do, you obviously haven't shown any significance in it to receive any sort of recognition for it. If it really doesn't matter, why are you getting so upset if I just provide my opinion that's simply stating, "I think you should have done it yourself instead of copying." Don't give yourself too much credit, I don't ever go to you to complain. I don't ever go to you, and I never will, so why don't you stop acting so childish over the fact that I bad talked you. I'm sorry, your video isn't all that great in my opinion. Deal with it.

Vima 01-08-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1368854)
It's not my fault you can't handle some sort of criticism about your work. I am providing insight, "weather" it's negative or positive, kid. The forums allow me to say whatever I want, that's why it's a forum, there is no rule on here that says, "EVERYTHING YOU SAY MUST BE STROKING THE OTHER PERSON'S EGO." You say I "go to you and complain," whether it's your leveling skill or something else? What else would there be? You don't do anything else, and if you do, you obviously haven't shown any significance in it to receive any sort of recognition for it. If it really doesn't matter, why are you getting so upset if I just provide my opinion that's simply stating, "I think you should have done it yourself instead of copying." Don't give yourself too much credit, I don't ever go to you to complain. I don't ever go to you, and I never will, so why don't you stop acting so childish over the fact that I bad talked you. I'm sorry, your video isn't all that great in my opinion. Deal with it.

It's so funny, you are argueing about such small things. I can handle criticism, but it's just that you ALWAYS have to be negative. Maybe you are having problems IRL and taking it out on the graal people, What do I know? because obviously im not the only one who thinks you are rude 24/7.
Fine, you don't like it. I'm not really surprised that it came from you.

grawlgamer 01-09-2008 06:56 AM

All you do in leveling is copy and pasting tig, by the way, great vid, real talent. Did you speed it up? By how much if so. And great soundtrack, what are the songs?

Vima 01-09-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawlgamer (Post 1368901)
All you do in leveling is copy and pasting tig, by the way, great vid, real talent. Did you speed it up? By how much if so. And great soundtrack, what are the songs?

Thanks!
Well, I speeded it up 300 = 3x faster, I think? :P

The songs are:

Axwell feat. Max'C - I Found You
Crazy Frog - I like to move it
Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks
The Hoosiers - Worried About Ray

ChrizP2P 01-09-2008 11:01 PM

Wow Tigairius, I can bet the majority of level makers like me copy from other levels when they make cliffs and trees and crap. It's extremely stupid to keep going back to the tileset picking out the individual tiles. When you have a level made already, why not use it for future levels? Even if you don't have a level made, does it really matter that much to take the already made tiles from and already made level?

I think thats really pety Tigairius.

Nice video Vima, Rep+

MrAnonymous_P2P 01-10-2008 03:55 AM

I never copied from other levels but now I wish I had XD

Tigairius 01-10-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawlgamer (Post 1368901)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrizP2P (Post 1368943)
Wow Tigairius, I can bet the majority of level makers like me copy from other levels when they make cliffs and trees and crap. It's extremely stupid to keep going back to the tileset picking out the individual tiles. When you have a level made already, why not use it for future levels? Even if you don't have a level made, does it really matter that much to take the already made tiles from and already made level?

I think thats really pety Tigairius.

Nice video Vima, Rep+

I concur. It would be a lot different if he was copying and pasting from his own levels, but he's not, and it's unoriginal.

Bp852912 01-10-2008 10:26 PM

Heh, sweet. Looks pretty good.

NeoJenova 01-11-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1369053)
I concur. It would be a lot different if he was copying and pasting from his own levels, but he's not, and it's unoriginal.

Congratz! You've won a lifetime supply of Haterade!

Vima 01-11-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1369053)

I give up. It's impossible to talk to a stubborn kid!

ViperZakuto 01-13-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1369078)
I give up. It's impossible to talk to a stubborn kid!

especially when he tries to bring "moms" into an argument lol. he's done that to me quite a few times lol

gemini2 01-20-2008 05:17 PM

Level looks really nice, Vima.
And Tig, i know of many, many people who copy and paste cliffing and trees over and over to get things done. Regardless if he's copying the cliff tiles from his own level or not, the cliff tiles all look like cliff tiles, no matter where they're from. As for originality, are cliffs really able to be so original? I mean...It's cliffs and trees. I personally thing it looks very good, and original to those who haven't yet seen it, or the video. The fact is, he did put it together, and it looks good. It shows his actual creativity for putting tiles and generic pieces that anyone could have made from a level that may or may not be his, into something that is completely his own.

Anyways, nice job Vima, looks great :o

Vimerge 01-21-2008 11:50 PM

It's good.
Though in my opinion people posting here are overrating it too much, I don't know if your skill in this subject is considered a talent either, but I don't want to be an ass, I'm just giving my opinion. I myself suck at it because I never really do it, so. Anyways, keep up the good work and hf.

Tigairius 01-22-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vimerge (Post 1371061)
Though in my opinion people posting here are overrating it too much, I don't know if your skill in this subject is considered a talent either,

Thank you.

MysticX2X 01-23-2008 01:04 AM

Lol thats fast, unless you speeded up. i usually take my time when making levels.

Vima 01-23-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vimerge (Post 1371061)
It's good.
Though in my opinion people posting here are overrating it too much, I don't know if your skill in this subject is considered a talent either, but I don't want to be an ass, I'm just giving my opinion. I myself suck at it because I never really do it, so. Anyways, keep up the good work and hf.

The levels was decent, it wasn't something to surprise you or anything like that.
It's PK levels, so they had to be kind of empty and boring.
I could have made something really original, but then it problaby wasn't going to be fun to "PK" in it.
However, if people doubt my leveling talent, then thats up for them.
I'm just fine with me knowing that i'm good at making levels :),
but i can't deny that there's always something new to learn.
I'm just glad that I have a talent and right now i really want to finish AEON with the help of the wonderfull staff there :)

BigBear3 01-29-2008 01:25 PM

Nice video. It would take me like 3 days to do that.

MysticX2X 01-29-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1371510)
The levels was decent, it wasn't something to surprise you or anything like that.
It's PK levels, so they had to be kind of empty and boring.
I could have made something really original, but then it problaby wasn't going to be fun to "PK" in it.
However, if people doubt my leveling talent, then thats up for them.
I'm just fine with me knowing that i'm good at making levels :),
but i can't deny that there's always something new to learn.
I'm just glad that I have a talent and right now i really want to finish AEON with the help of the wonderfull staff there :)

With a good imagination and creativity, anyone can be a great leveler....or copy and pasting.

Vimerge 01-29-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1372527)
With a good imagination and creativity, anyone can be a great leveler....or copy and pasting.

exactly.
and like i said i don't think it's a talent, it's not a talent you've been born with, you developed your creativity and experience along the way.
you're using visuals which have been made by others and then flex them together to create a level.
you can compare it with decorating a room.

[email protected] 02-17-2008 02:25 PM

nice :)