Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dark Rival (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60188)

excaliber7388 07-27-2005 03:08 AM

Dark Rival

Hey I'm owner/manager/creator for Dark Rival.
I gotta say that it is the most origional server yet! Theres so many features, that I have never described them all! Plus, it takes a while to complete the game. Go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com to learn more. I also put up a really small test version of a few parts of the server. It's only 400 some levels, so it's not much :D. Any way, you might want to check it out. It's still being developed, but I should be ready to release it soon! Have fun!

konidias 07-27-2005 03:12 AM

*yawn*

jacob_bald6225 07-27-2005 09:01 AM

http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/si...g.w560h365.jpg

*points and laughs*

Pooka 07-27-2005 09:19 AM

Come on now, maybe they just haven't gotten around to detailing the level...

...err, yeah.

excaliber7388 07-27-2005 10:55 PM

:\
sorry, the pics and possible some levels from the test version were not detailed. It was just a layout sorry.
And 'yawn'?!!?!?!
WHY?!
its bigger than any other server, with more swords and weapons and hearts than any other server! And those who have played it say that the other servers could disapear, and they wouldn't care :cool:

excaliber7388 07-27-2005 10:56 PM

and i just got the tripod one :\
i needed a free site so i could put it up before i was done my server :\

Hiro 07-27-2005 11:01 PM

Since when does size matter?

konidias 07-28-2005 01:42 AM

The amount of levels a server has does not matter in any way. I really doubt your server has more weapons than some servers... More hearts? Wow... it's not really hard to change one variable in the server options. I think you're kind of overhyping this server and it's really going to do nothing but turn people away from it before they even give it a chance.

There is nothing about your server that makes me want to play it, let alone play ONLY it.

excaliber7388 07-28-2005 02:18 AM

... ok I am not over hyping. bigger meens longer game, less noobs w/ 20 hearts and 7 swords ...we have more, trust me, more jobs than most too. It's nice. I'll stop asking you to check it out untill i set everything up. Won't be long now anyway.:D

Hiro 07-28-2005 06:18 PM

Long quests and everything always piss me off. If I had to go get 20 hearts, that would really piss me off.

kenyonandelliot 07-28-2005 07:33 PM

400 levels? haha that doesn't mean that it's the biggest server.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro
Long quests and everything always piss me off. If I had to go get 20 hearts, that would really piss me off.

how do they piss you off?

Thrashsoul3 07-28-2005 08:26 PM

Or the fact your start house is stolen off UN.

excaliber7388 07-28-2005 09:16 PM

??! stolen? everything was new for my server, what do you mean?
if you want to check it out, its called Playerworld13 for now...but be warned, the NPCs are REALLY messed up!! they were perfec offline, but online they're really bad =/ im not sure whats wrong...

xManiamaNx 07-28-2005 10:36 PM

More weapons than any other server? Right... I hope you have more than 150 weapons.
Biggest server ever? How many levels is your overworld? I hope its more than 1024 levels.

Bigger != Better

Hiro 07-28-2005 10:41 PM

They piss me off because I want to go start PKing and Sparing right away, not go through all the quests.

excaliber7388 07-29-2005 04:50 PM

:\ sorry this separates the noobs from the oldnies better :D

plus you can't beat a real game in 2 hrs...and this one takes longer =D think of a zelda game, how long does that take you? this is like it. this is the zelda online that people would love...if i could get it all to work right :D soon, very soon :D

xAndrewx 07-29-2005 04:51 PM

You're making me want to download Zelda and check how long it takes for me to complete it...

mystic2k 07-29-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

wtf? Quests are supposed to be the fun of the server. Its like saying you'd go in zelda and fight random monsters all the time, instead of getting hearts and items. Your saying you just want to get everything the second you enter the server. Maybe you could give him suggestions instead of degrading his server because he might not be as "Advanced" in these things like you.

jacob_bald6225 07-29-2005 09:28 PM

I don't like the fact that I cannot call something **** without it being removed from the forums... I'd like to express my opinion about things even if it is negative.

excaliber7388 07-29-2005 10:45 PM

the reason is, you have no reason to be negitive :D

Polo 07-29-2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388
the reason is, you have no reason to be negitive :D

Agreed. People need to remember that when a server is "Under Development", things may not always be perfect.

SoSolid66 07-30-2005 12:18 AM

Quote:

Since when does size matter?

:rolleyes:

Hiro 07-30-2005 12:38 AM

Since when is Graal Zelda? It can be based off of Zelda, but the foundations of all servers is the PKing and some form of sparring. The quests are usually just a requirement. How else does NPulse get such a large playercount? Sure - they have a mix from Delteria and Babylon, but it's because the quests are right there.

And no, size doesn't matter. All I use is the sparring places anyways. Those are usually very small.

Inverness 07-30-2005 02:35 AM

Methinks this thread is a joke.

Anyways, having large Zelda-LTTP type quests in Graal would be nice, but I doubt you could get the same feel you got back in the day when you first bought the SNES Zelda.

Am I making sense?

Good_Ol_Daze 07-30-2005 02:41 AM

Zelda didn't have quests, so much as it had a single quest, and some dungeons. No server I've ever played has had fun or interesting quests aside from Classic. OOPS I MEAN THE ADVENTURE LOL

A lot of people in this thread seem to want a server that consists of a couple boxes with some fullhearts and sword levels in them, and a big square. If you think you're so good at slapping arrow keys around and that you could do this for several hours straight, then I suggest you gather up a hundred dollars and make your dream a reality.
But your server can't have guns or anything but bows or bombs or else you are ripping off Era. (ps you can't have buildings with gray walls either because that is ripping off Era :frown:!)

excaliber7388 07-30-2005 03:04 AM

actually, graal started out as Zelda online :D and if you look at it, most of the tiles are taken strait from zlda, slightly modified. any way i tried to make this as interesting as possible, with a good storyline that spans acrost three overworlds, dr2, dr and dr3, (this one's DR2 :D) i gave the quests and interesting backround, each one fits into the puzzel somehow. the storyline has many twists and can lead to a very fun expirience. the bosses are interesting as well, and i have even put in strange ones, like dragons :D i hope that when i'm all done, you can sit back and enjoy it, after all, it is still in developement. the reason i decided to create this was because i wanted to make a server that was long, and more like an actual RPG, but online. I hope you can have fun with it, because thats my main reason for making it :D. so enjoy, the first overworld, DR2 should be done sometime next month, untill then, :D

Hiro 07-30-2005 04:24 AM

Quote:

actually, graal started out as Zelda online :D and if you look at it, most of the tiles are taken strait from zlda, slightly modified. any way i tried to make this as interesting as possible, with a good storyline that spans acrost three overworlds, dr2, dr and dr3, (this one's DR2 :D) i gave the quests and interesting backround, each one fits into the puzzel somehow. the storyline has many twists and can lead to a very fun expirience. the bosses are interesting as well, and i have even put in strange ones, like dragons :D i hope that when i'm all done, you can sit back and enjoy it, after all, it is still in developement. the reason i decided to create this was because i wanted to make a server that was long, and more like an actual RPG, but online. I hope you can have fun with it, because thats my main reason for making it :D. so enjoy, the first overworld, DR2 should be done sometime next month, untill then, :D

They almost got sued, hence the change in name. That's nothing new.

I know that most of the tiles were "Taken" from Zelda. I just gave Curt the old tile set.

You're storyline has yet to be seen on here. I havn't seen anything except "Big server, lots of hearts and swords!"

Dragons in a MMRPG isn't really that werid.

When you're done, I'd rather play a server that i already have stats on it.

All servers try to be like Zelda, except online. Yes, even Era.

If it's done next month I'll give you a cookie. And being done means it passed for Classic tab.

excaliber7388 07-30-2005 04:16 PM

yay a cookie! :\ the reason no one knows about the story line is because i like to keep a few supprises :D main part of it- becoming a hero, and the sacrifices hero's make, as you attempt to stop a madman from taking over the world...that's all i'm giving you, you'll have to play to learn more! :D

kenyonandelliot 07-30-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

:\ sorry this separates the noobs from the oldnies better :D

plus you can't beat a real game in 2 hrs...and this one takes longer =D think of a zelda game, how long does that take you? this is like it. this is the zelda online that people would love...if i could get it all to work right :D soon, very soon :D

zelda takes a long time to beat

mystic2k 07-30-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Since when is Graal Zelda? It can be based off of Zelda, but the foundations of all servers is the PKing and some form of sparring. The quests are usually just a requirement. How else does NPulse get such a large playercount? Sure - they have a mix from Delteria and Babylon, but it's because the quests are right there.

And no, size doesn't matter. All I use is the sparring places anyways. Those are usually very small.

Everything is basically off zelda except its changed a bit in this game. And sparrings not everything, to my opinion its pretty ***. I play games because of the fun quests, and zelda is my example. Go buy wrestling games instead if you dont like the adventure in the game and go straight to the action, sure pking is fun but quests are better. Dont start dissing his server if you havent noticed it is still under development which means theres changes to come. And jacob id like to see a server you made before you come here trying to diss this server.

xManiamaNx 07-30-2005 07:35 PM

I wasa bored, so I decided to check out this 'wonderful' server.

Where do I start... hmm.
In the 5-10 minutes I was there, I had to use unstick me 5 times. There is no map that I can see. The levels are terrible compared to todays standards. There is no map that I can find. There are many level links that warp you on to a wall or in to a level that you can't turn around and get back out of. There is also a lot of stolen gfx...

I found many of Era's minerals on this server
I found Era's Event House sign
I found the slide from UN
I found the billboards from UN
I found an event coin that I know I have seen somehere else.. i just cant remember where.
and I've also found Shaded Legends trees.

Maybe it is a good thing that I am a ghost and most npcs will not load for me.

vvvvvvvv
Quote:

sl trees removed, slide is not UN only, minerals not 'everywhere' =/ you forgot to mention the origional gfx and ganis really, you peole are so thick headed that you can only look at the bad? how bout the oriogional weapons and levels that make up 99.9999999% of the server. if you have a bias oppinion before you try it, then keep it to yourself. most of the gfx that i did not make are servering as place holders until i am done god...
I still saw SL trees, so they were not removed.Slide I have only seen on UN. It may be public domain, its still silly though. I never said Era's minerals were everywhere, but they are there in one of the levels on your overworld. I saw no original GFX.. wait I did, the FAQ house sign, which is one fo the worst thigns I have ever seen. I saw no original ganis, but that is probably because I am a ghost, so I only saw the ghost gani. The levels certainly are original, I have seen nothing like them for many years. Can't give an opinion ont he weapons, as I never saw them.

Quote:

and none of the links put you on a wall, the links are not working b/c not all the levels are uploaded yet... and for a pic with such a large head, it's strange that you act like there's nothing inside of it
I was getting warped on walls of levels that EXISTED. I was also walking through doors and ending up like 3 tiles away from the door.
How is my avatar relevant to *anything*?

excaliber7388 07-30-2005 08:04 PM

sl trees removed, slide is not UN only, minerals not 'everywhere' =/ you forgot to mention the origional gfx and ganis really, you peole are so thick headed that you can only look at the bad? how bout the oriogional weapons and levels that make up 99.9999999% of the server. if you have a bias oppinion before you try it, then keep it to yourself. most of the gfx that i did not make are servering as place holders until i am done :\ god...

excaliber7388 07-30-2005 08:21 PM

and none of the links put you on a wall, the links are not working b/c not all the levels are uploaded yet... and for a pic with such a large head, it's strange that you act like there's nothing inside of it :\

Hiro 07-30-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystic2k
Everything is basically off zelda except its changed a bit in this game. And sparrings not everything, to my opinion its pretty ***. I play games because of the fun quests, and zelda is my example. Go buy wrestling games instead if you dont like the adventure in the game and go straight to the action, sure pking is fun but quests are better. Dont start dissing his server if you havent noticed it is still under development which means theres changes to come. And jacob id like to see a server you made before you come here trying to diss this server.

You probably just suck at Sparring.

And since when is making a server have anything to do with insulting another one? You can use common sense to insult things that are retarded.

And you're "Story-line" so far sounds like everything else that's already made. I'd much rather play SL.

mystic2k 07-30-2005 09:54 PM

im actually good at it. Its a matter of hiting your keys quickly, wow thats great skill. Well his server is under development, are you retarded, its under DEVLOPMENT. Which means it might not stay the same. Since you love sparring so much why dont you go play it.

Hiro 07-30-2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

im actually good at it. Its a matter of hiting your keys quickly, wow thats great skill. Well his server is under development, are you retarded, its under DEVLOPMENT. Which means it might not stay the same. Since you love sparring so much why dont you go play it.

What do you think quests are? "Move the block and pause before the arrow hits you OHNOEZ" and I can assure you, that unless you have 1800 rate average you are not a good sparrer. Sparring takes movement and skill, quests take a keyboard and a (FAQ).

mystic2k 07-30-2005 10:31 PM

all i see in the point of osparring is moving your arrows really fast so the person gets confused. WOW. i have 1400 rate cuz i dont spar very much, because like i said its pretty ****ty. Quests are usually going on adventures throughout the overworld and fighting the villain. Thats pretty fun. And just because Excal is starting a playerworld, you expect it to fit your needs. Not all playerworlds are good enough. Doomsday is **** too.

Hiro 07-30-2005 10:58 PM

Quote:

all i see in the point of osparring is moving your arrows really fast so the person gets confused. WOW. i have 1400 rate cuz i dont spar very much, because like i said its pretty ****ty. Quests are usually going on adventures throughout the overworld and fighting the villain. Thats pretty fun. And just because Excal is starting a playerworld, you expect it to fit your needs. Not all playerworlds are good enough. Doomsday is **** too.

You don't understand anything do you.

Yes, I do intend the playerworld to fit my needs, because I'm a type of player that represents 50% of most Graal players. I'm a Playerkiller, which is what makes graal fun. The other percentage is the dev. people (25%) and then there's noobs (Like yourself) who like to wear anime heads, pretend their Link, and put all their friends in their nicknames.

mystic2k 07-30-2005 11:15 PM

i highly doubt it. You cant be that much of the players with how much your iq is atm, tell me how old you are? Your such a hurtful person with your "insults". Noobie is such a hurtful world, too bad i dont have any of that since everything in my profile is blank. How stupid do you feel now? I really hate people like you coming through everywhere trying to diss everything thats not good enough for you. And trying to diss people who might not be as good as you are in any of developing sections.

excaliber7388 07-31-2005 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
actually, i must agree, sparring takes a certain level of skill, srry mystic ;) i tried to make the quests feel like sparring, with smarter baddies and some quests ARE spars :D and for those who looked over some levels and went "yawn" i must say that you havn't felt the action, difficulty and fun of the levels...maybe b/c you havn't played yet? all i'm saying is, play it before you say anything, and the storyline has never before seen twists :D plus the levels arn't borring, and there ARE origional gfx, like the sign in the 2nd pic :\