Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Graal v4 Bugs - For Stefan/testers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58740)

Admins 07-23-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Python523
It happens when I manually resize my screen to pretty large sizes (almost full screen)

We found out the reason: it's when you resize often, the problem is with the option "relative" for horizSizing or vertSizing of GuiControls. Since it needs to round the values for the width and height, it goes off after some resizing operations. Will change it to "width" for now in the chatbar script.

Fry 07-23-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeToS2
I tested this when the setlevel rounding bug was found, and it doesn't do that. Look at cheetos_showpoly.nw on #gscript. Your problem is that you're using index 0 for both images :)

Gawd, sorry, I only remembered that problem when seeing it again (world_e06.nw, the time format and GMT) and got it wrong, the problem isn't with floats but that floats have an accuracy of 0.5 there, so only values like 1.0, 1.5, 2.5, etc can be used, not 0.7, 0.3 and so on. Works fine in v2 though.

Skyld 07-23-2005 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In PMs, things like "<3" don't work, since Graal 4 parses it as a HTML tag. Perhaps it should detect only HTML tags that are closed with ">"?

Edit 1: Apparently this happens in Graal 2, aswell. Can something be done about it?

Edit 2: See the attachment - is this normal?

Admins 07-24-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld
In PMs, things like "<3" don't work, since Graal 4 parses it as a HTML tag. Perhaps it should detect only HTML tags that are closed with ">"?

Edit 1: Apparently this happens in Graal 2, aswell. Can something be done about it?

Hmmm you could define a smilie for it (levels/smilies/smiliesdef.txt). Question is if Graal should only allow special tags in PMs and display the others as plain text like in GuiMLTextCtrls.

Quote:

Edit 2: See the attachment - is this normal?
There seem to be some problem with players on the chatters list which shouldn't appear there, will need to fix that.

xManiamaNx 07-24-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
Question is if Graal should only allow special tags in PMs and display the others as plain text like in GuiMLTextCtrls.

This would be a good idea. Limit the tags to stuff like <b>,<i>,<u>,<font> and stuff like that. Would keep people from using javascript to crash clients.

Python523 07-25-2005 05:26 AM

Is triggerserver() still broken?

CheeToS2 07-25-2005 05:53 AM

Quote:

Is triggerserver() still broken?

It is for Graal3d servers, if I remember correctly. Triggerclient was added by request of Ajira; I don't remember the reasoning for not having triggerserver.

HoudiniMan 07-25-2005 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld

It's always been that way, but yes, limiting to known tags would be nice.

Fry 07-25-2005 11:17 PM

After .30 and .31...
- Start v4, connect to the serverlist, join two channels, select the channel you joined first, select the Servers tab, connect to a server, open the serverlist, select the Chat tab, say something without selecting another channel -> It goes to the second channel even though the first one was selected

- What about a dropdown list for the direct connect field that remembers the last 5 servers like in v2?

- v4 is still eating too much CPU time and is too slow in general. For example the GUI (not too bad, but still a bit annoying), and especially lots of showtext() text.

CheeToS2 07-25-2005 11:30 PM

New additions in .31:
- Multiline text control scrolling added

- Added several new stuff to GuiScrollControl

- You can set scrolllinex and scrollliney for controls now
(specifies how much the scroll control is scrolled when you click on the arrows, you need to set it in the subcontrol)

- There is also a showtop() function which is a combination of show(), bringtofront(), and tabfirst()
(tabfirst() is focussing the first edit control)

- Added ctrl.globaltolocalcoord({x,y}) and ctrl.localtoglobalcoord({x,y})
(Converts coordinates for gui controls from screenx/y to x/y in terms of the guictrl)

- showpolys can be used inside controls now with GuiShowImgCtrl

HoudiniMan 07-26-2005 12:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Uh... reconnecting seemed to correct the space I stood in, but outside that level everything messed up again...

Updated to .31, now constantly black... server: Exiled Tribes

Resizing the window makes things freaky. Second attachment.

HoudiniMan 07-26-2005 12:22 PM

Feature request: Closing dialogs (such as F5 dialog) with Alt+F4 or escape, or something!

Alt+F4 currently closes the whole client... both Alt+F4 and escape should close a dialog like that.

ChibiChibiLuc 07-26-2005 05:53 PM

Alt+F4 is like an 'emergency' escape. It's usually supposed to close the program instantly.

Python523 07-28-2005 03:19 AM

Quote:

It is for Graal3d servers, if I remember correctly. Triggerclient was added by request of Ajira; I don't remember the reasoning for not having triggerserver.

Should be added...

HoudiniMan 07-29-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiChibiLuc
Alt+F4 is like an 'emergency' escape. It's usually supposed to close the program instantly.

Alt+F4 is a shortcut for "close the window in focus" - i think dialogs stealing focus within the game should be closed before the game itself.

And nice sig (though I am confused by it a little..?) :)

xManiamaNx 08-03-2005 07:34 PM

When doing this: OSL_MLText.setLines(client.temp-rules);
I get access violations until I End Task the client.
Quote:

Access violation at address 02808F90 in module 'GraalEngine.dll'. Read of address 00000038.
Works fine when using _ instead of -.

Maloria Dev, onlinestartlocal.nw/onlinestartlocal2.nw, class: osl

Admins 08-04-2005 01:02 PM

ok will test that. If you use - then it is a subtraction and it will try to add a number/empty array to the multiline control, it shouldn't crash though.

Crono 08-04-2005 02:23 PM

Sometimes when I connect to other servers and try to connect to debug, It won't let me but it lets me connect to every other server.

CheeToS2 08-04-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami
Sometimes when I connect to other servers and try to connect to debug, It won't let me but it lets me connect to every other server.

Yes, debug just needs to be updated/restarted.
vv Oh >_<

Admins 08-04-2005 09:10 PM

No, the other servers need to be restarted ;)

KuJi 08-06-2005 01:58 AM

Hmm, stefan. I have a couple of quests for you:

1) When is the release of V4?

2) Scripting in GS2 clientside with V3. Does it work efficiently? If I script in V3, will they work properly in V4?

3) Are you accepting any more Graal3D servers? If so, can I get my PW into a G3D Server?

4) Can you clean out all these junk folders on my server. We really need to be able to delete folders.

:-)

calani 08-06-2005 03:22 AM

Another major bug: playlooped crashes v4 within just a few seconds.

another minor bug: lit lamps don't light up dark houses, though torches do.

Maniaman 08-06-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calani

What version do you have calani? I think this was fixed many versions ago.

Mafukie 08-06-2005 10:44 AM

Man someone give me access to this beta test.

[email protected]

thanks

Admins 08-06-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calani

another minor bug: lit lamps don't light up dark houses, though torches do.

You need to have 4 lamps to light up a house, it's not a bug :)

KuJi 08-06-2005 06:28 PM

The lighting system has been perfected..its MANDATORY to have lights for whole place to light up? :O

If so..thats awsuem, but a lot of places will be dark lol.

Anyway, answer my questions plz...

Maniaman 08-07-2005 01:54 AM

Sometimes the serverlist has problems resizing. I have a screenshot, but I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post it.

Fry 08-08-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniaman
Sometimes the serverlist has problems resizing. I have a screenshot, but I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post it.

Yeah, I also noticed that, the size of the server list or the channel list is incorrect after resizing a bit.

Admins 08-09-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Chat text of the characters on Kingdoms start island intro does not show. It may be a GS2 server-only problem
Works for me?

CheeToS2 08-09-2005 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Works for me?

I only see them staring at me :(

I can see the say2s and such from other characters, but not the chat of the characters from the gani movie.

KuJi 08-09-2005 08:24 PM

Maybe their hungry for some fish?

Fry 08-12-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

I only see them staring at me :(

I can see the say2s and such from other characters, but not the chat of the characters from the gani movie.

It doesn't show here too, sometimes, I remember the last part of it showing one time, but that's it.

Maniaman 08-12-2005 08:37 PM

When logging on to a server and reopening the serverlist, the Updates tab is empty

Python523 08-13-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniaman

When logging on to a server and reopening the serverlist, the Updates tab is empty

Might be intentional? Stefan mentioned servers being able to use the update stuff

Admins 08-13-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Might be intentional? Stefan mentioned servers being able to use the update stuff

Yes, the default downloads are only available on the Login server, while playerworlds can make their own download packages. I will make it so that the Update-tab is hidden if the playerworld doesn't provide any download package.

Skyld 08-13-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, the default downloads are only available on the Login server, while playerworlds can make their own download packages. I will make it so that the Update-tab is hidden if the playerworld doesn't provide any download package.

Perhaps you could do this with the playerlist on the Login server, too. Only allow the global playerlist sections of the playerlist if you're going to disable the playerlist on the login server.

Maniaman 08-13-2005 03:07 PM

Personally, I think it would be nice to keep the regular playerlist enabled on the login server.

Maniaman 08-14-2005 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

If you update a GUI script while the GUI is minimized, the titlebar pops back up full size, but transparent. The rest of the gui is hidden. (See attachment).

CheeToS2 08-20-2005 02:49 AM

v4.0.0.34 users:
If the client crashes when you click start, deleting some registry entries will fix it.
NOTE: If you're not comfortable with editing the registry, don't try it!
After doing this, you will need to re-enter your account name(s) and password(s)
1) Start>Run>regedit

2) Edit>Find>Graal
3) Open the Graal 'folder'
4) Right click on the Client 'folder' and click delete (or if you know what you are doing and don't mind, delete one key at a time to find out which one is making it crash)
5) Try running Graal4.exe

If that fixes it, PLEASE post here and say so. If it doesn't fix it, delete the RemoteControl 'folder' in the registry too, then post saying that fixed it (if it did)

Python523 08-20-2005 03:53 AM

Quote:

v4.0.0.34 users:
If the client crashes when you click start, deleting some registry entries will fix it.
NOTE: If you're not comfortable with editing the registry, don't try it!
After doing this, you will need to re-enter your account name(s) and password(s)
1) Start>Run>regedit

2) Edit>Find>Graal
3) Open the Graal 'folder'
4) Right click on the Client 'folder' and click delete (or if you know what you are doing and don't mind, delete one key at a time to find out which one is making it crash)
5) Try running Graal4.exe

If that fixes it, PLEASE post here and say so. If it doesn't fix it, delete the RemoteControl 'folder' in the registry too, then post saying that fixed it (if it did)

clearing registry stuff worked (just client I think)