Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Global Development Team additions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87836)

Matt 12-09-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1543335)
You'll be waiting a while. She's not going to be around for a long time, remember?

What's her date for return? I for some reason thought it was yesterday. x_x

taylor 12-09-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1543360)
What's her date for return? I for some reason thought it was yesterday. x_x

To be honest Matt I do not think there is an exact date set for her return. I believe it is when she feels she wants to come back and participate. But I do hope she returns fairly soon!

Rufus 12-09-2009 04:33 AM

Bell isn't returning until after the holidays, but she still drops in now and again.

TSAdmin 12-09-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1543365)
Bell isn't returning until after the holidays, but she still drops in now and again.

Pretty much this ^

For most of you it's easy because you don't have to do a lot of running around, but when you're the parent, holiday season steals a whole load of your focus. I'm not a parent, myself, but it's still taking up a lot of my time. Not to the same extent as Bell, but yeah. Her return is undetermined and will only be considered after the holiday season is over with. If it's urgent, she has mentioned people can e-mail her

Imperialistic 12-09-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1543392)
Pretty much this ^

For most of you it's easy because you don't have to do a lot of running around, but when you're the parent, holiday season steals a whole load of your focus. I'm not a parent, myself, but it's still taking up a lot of my time. Not to the same extent as Bell, but yeah. Her return is undetermined and will only be considered after the holiday season is over with. If it's urgent, she has mentioned people can e-mail her

Oh lordy, I hate the sound of that.

Hiro 12-09-2009 05:02 PM

well how about we not idolize bell as the leader of the GDT since it's not a good bet to place everything on one person and hope they do well. there are plenty of other people who could lead the GDT just as well as bell could, except they probably have more free time than it seems bell does

TSAdmin 12-09-2009 05:33 PM

I may or may not be misinformed, but did Vulcan give up the position of leading the GDT or something (Did he even originally get the position?)? In the offset of the GDT being discussed behind closed doors (EG: The global section of the forums), I thought I recalled the candidate to lead the team toward it's goals was Vulcan. A few of reasons supporting this, 2 of which included

1) the fact that he's been a global before and knows the ropes
and
2) the fact that he's got extensive experience in just about every department the GDT covers, from Levels right up to an advanced knowledge of scripting.

However, if I was mistaken or am still mistaken on any of the above facts, set me straight. If all of the above is incorrect though, then I would be putting my recommendation for Vulcan to lead the team, in the event he'd even accept the role.

WarLord2004 12-09-2009 05:46 PM

Hi Ts... Wait did i miss something again lolz.. Alright mabey next year... Might be to late but grats to the selection. And where is bell?????? She better get here quickly Matt seems grumpy FTW.

Vulcan 12-09-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1543432)
I may or may not be misinformed, but did Vulcan give up the position of leading the GDT or something (Did he even originally get the position?)? In the offset of the GDT being discussed behind closed doors (EG: The global section of the forums), I thought I recalled the candidate to lead the team toward it's goals was Vulcan. A few of reasons supporting this, 2 of which included

and
2) the fact that he's got extensive experience in just about every department the GDT covers, from Levels right up to an advanced knowledge of scripting.

However, if I was mistaken or am still mistaken on any of the above facts, set me straight. If all of the above is incorrect though, then I would be putting my recommendation for Vulcan to lead the team, in the event he'd even accept the role.

It was the plan in the early stages, but after further discussion I was moved in to a senior role with op rights on the IRC and the ability to add/remove people from the guild. The decisions as far as what projects were to be worked on, etc still fell to Bell and Skyld.

Hiro 12-09-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1543432)

and

it's clear that someone should take on the role of leader for the GDT, at least to some degree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 1543435)
It was the plan in the early stages, but after further discussion I was moved in to a senior role with op rights on the IRC and the ability to add/remove people from the guild. The decisions as far as what projects were to be worked on, etc still fell to Bell and Skyld.

so (basically) skyld is the leader of the GDT at present?

Vulcan 12-09-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1543436)
so (basically) skyld is the leader of the GDT at present?

I wouldn't say its his job to lead the GDT, but he does have the authority to make decisions relating to the team. Keep in mind that Skyld is busy with other projects and uni work right now so it wouldn't be reasonable to expect him to keep up with his other duties and run the team. if he could though, that'd be awesome =D

TSAdmin 12-12-2009 01:20 PM

An update for those of you who were concerned about a certain member's addition to the team. I have removed this Katie girl from the team.

Base reasoning being she doesn't seem to be of any use to the team. No documented work/help, she's got no forums access to be contacted for help and no known GDT IRC channel affiliation noticed by regular visitors.

Also, her unorthodox addition to the team with no documented reasons for adding her nor apparent discussion with fellow team members has had a severe bearing on this outcome.

If there are any conflicts of interest in this matter, you are welcome to contact me personally by any of the means listed in my signature.

Hiro 12-12-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1543877)
An update for those of you who were concerned about a certain member's addition to the team. I have removed this Katie girl from the team.

Base reasoning being she doesn't seem to be of any use to the team. No documented work/help, she's got no forums access to be contacted for help and no known GDT IRC channel affiliation noticed by regular visitors.

Also, her unorthodox addition to the team with no documented reasons for adding her nor apparent discussion with fellow team members has had a severe bearing on this outcome.

If there are any conflicts of interest in this matter, you are welcome to contact me personally by any of the means listed in my signature.

great job, let's not let people get added like that again

cbk1994 12-12-2009 08:55 PM

This page still needs to be updated. What's the point of this team if they can't even be contacted?

I guess the GDT must have some other idea of what the team is for than I do, but the way I see it is that the most important thing to do is get examples of your work out there along with contact information. Otherwise, it's just a tag to sit on.

Darlene159 12-12-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1543933)
This page still needs to be updated. What's the point of this team if they can't even be contacted?

I guess the GDT must have some other idea of what the team is for than I do, but the way I see it is that the most important thing to do is get examples of your work out there along with contact information. Otherwise, it's just a tag to sit on.

There also needs to be an addition to the contact page on the forums. I am pretty busy right now, but I will see about working on this as soon as I can.