Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Graal v4 Bugs - For Stefan/testers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58740)

CheeToS2 05-20-2005 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zwr
when i summoned a "few" (20-30?) monster pets, my handle count for the graal4.exe goes to 230.000 and many nice errors about no memory left start appearing :)

I can't get this to happen, but I sure had fun trying :D
Does it happen to anybody else?

Ibonic 05-21-2005 04:20 AM

When "locking" Windows XP (windows key + L) with the game window focused and returning, I received a "Win32 API function failed" error message and black screen. After doing it a second time, the game completely froze and I was unable to close it without using the task manager to force kill the process.

While on Classic in some sparring rooms that disable weapons, such as gc_sparring_01.nw - the weapons are not (re)enabled when they should be. The reproduce this, it's best to have a (Game Coordinator) tag in the said level and type "start" without quotes to enable the weapons ; "stop" disables the weapons. Using version 2 there is no problem, but it does exist in v3.
[Edit] Note, this uses save[]

Skyld 05-21-2005 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibonic
When "locking" Windows XP (windows key + L) with the game window focused and returning, I received a "Win32 API function failed" error message and black screen. After doing it a second time, the game completely froze and I was unable to close it without using the task manager to force kill the process.

I do not experience this problem with either Graal 3 or 4. :o

Ibonic 05-21-2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld
I do not experience this problem with either Graal 3 or 4. :o

I have no problem with Graal v3 doing this, but it's a different case with Graal v4. For me it's reproducible on multiple XP (SP1/SP2) machines, and doesn't appear to happen on Windows 2000/2003. One of the machines uses an ATI video card while the other uses NVIDIA; Both are using DirectX 9.0c with the newest drivers etc.
I have my XP user accounts passworded (hence the "locking"), if that matters. I'll see what else might affect it and edit my post later when I have more time..

[Edit]
Ohh, seems to only happen when the playerlist is open, even if one or both of the windows are minimized. Big key there >_<

[Edit2]
Seems that we can't play music etc. with another program while Graal v4 is running- I think if that's true, quite a few people won't appreciate it.

Rick 05-21-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

[Edit2]
Seems that we can't play music etc. with another program while Graal v4 is running- I think if that's true, quite a few people won't appreciate it.

I have no problem with doing this myself. Get a better sound card?

Ibonic 05-22-2005 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Get a better sound card?

Although it's not the best, I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS card -- I can normally play other games (including Graal v2 and some 3D games with a lot more happening) while listening to music at the same time without having a problem. It actually works on my laptop which has some of the worst built-in audio there is right now. So I don't believe it's really a question of the performance/quality of the card, but the options that the game's using for (DirectX?) sound output etc. that might make it do this on certain cards; Maybe more of a compatibility problem? It just seems like Graal is 'stealing' the audio output from anything else while it's in use -- e.g. the music will 'play', but it appears to be 'muted' at the time.

Admins 05-22-2005 12:54 AM

Graal v3 and v4 use the same sound library like WoW. I am setting the option for continuing the music even if the program doesn't have the focus though, may be that is the problem ?

Ibonic 05-22-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
Graal v3 and v4 use the same sound library like WoW. I am setting the option for continuing the music even if the program doesn't have the focus though, may be that is the problem ?

I don't think that's what I meant. The Graal music plays fine for me, but I normally have it off anyway. What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp, while Graal is running. I can do this fine with Graal v2, but not with v4 when I use the Audigy 2 series sound cards (although it may happen with others too)..
It's not really a bug, but it will probably bother some people if they happen to have a sound card that experiences this.

Ajira 05-22-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

I don't think that's what I meant. The Graal music plays fine for me, but I normally have it off anyway. What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp, while Graal is running. I can do this fine with Graal v2, but not with v4 when I use the Audigy 2 series sound cards (although it may happen with others too)..
It's not really a bug, but it will probably bother some people if they happen to have a sound card that experiences this.

It works fine for me. o_O

Nitro2030ce 05-22-2005 06:47 AM

Do you have the volume meter down on graal? That usually causes the problem, I had the same problem with midis.

Skyld 05-22-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro2030ce
Do you have the volume meter down on graal? That usually causes the problem, I had the same problem with midis.

I do not think you read the post correctly.
Quote:

What I tried to do is play some external music (MP3s) with some other program like Winamp

Is Winamp the only other program you have tried?

Spark910 05-23-2005 08:38 PM

The playerlist icons should be more clear, e.g:
*CONNECTED SERVER = 1 Noob head
*ALL SERVERS = Multiple noob heads (Currently the connected server icon)

And the icons should stay the same, not change to PM bubbles when you get a PM so its easy to navigate still, else it gets confusing as to what each tab is for.

If possible a better icon for guilds? I don't know, would be hard to think one up.

Admins 05-24-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

- Takes very long to open serverlist after clicking Start button or pressing F8. zwr says it may be trying to connect to a local IP, then it fails and uses the real listserver

- Using WinXP, if you lock the computer while the playerlist is opened (windows key + L), an errors occurs: "A Win32 API function failed"
With v2 those things don't happen?

The new icons for the player list tabs have been added because the text is too huge if you have 5 tabs ;) I tried to find good gfx, if someone wants to make nicer ones then he/she is welcome to do so. The server icon is displaying part of the earth ball, like on the RC.

CheeToS2 05-24-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
With v2 those things don't happen?

Ajira and Stormie tested it, it doesn't :(

Admins 05-24-2005 01:40 PM

The problem with the variables in cheetos_variables.nw is that the clientside script of local npcs is still handled as old script, need to fix that.

Update: fixed it