Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Scripting Engine (GS2) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Scripted RC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73833)

Tyhm 04-08-2009 04:03 AM

I was figuring it'd be a right given solely to the server owner. If the server's owner wants to leak it to anti-graal, we got bigger problems than how easy it is to backup and restore.

xXziroXx 04-08-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1482162)
Even if you do that, it still makes it easy for corrupt administrators to leak backups of entire servers to Anti-Graal.

I say: leave the backups to the system they already have and give trusted PWA members access to them (the private worlds only, not the servers like UN, Zone, etc), which would make it very easy to get your server restored if something were to happen.

I say: Add a "Backup" button, that only the server owner can use.

Stephen 04-08-2009 03:43 PM

Backup should just be stored locally - like it is now. If the server needs to be restored it's not a large task for an admin like Tig or Stefan to do and I don't think we have to worry about Graal's servers disappearing overnight.

That way you avoid any potentially damaging or threatening activities while maintaining complete functionality.

Tyhm 04-08-2009 03:46 PM

Well sure, but even if we're going to assume Tig and Stefan are going to be available to restore a server from its local backup copy, what about "Hey, I've got a great idea to completely change the system, it's a little risky but I think I can get it to work in one go - but maybe I should back up everything first"?

Stephen 04-08-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhm (Post 1482265)
Well sure, but even if we're going to assume Tig and Stefan are going to be available to restore a server from its local backup copy, what about "Hey, I've got a great idea to completely change the system, it's a little risky but I think I can get it to work in one go - but maybe I should back up everything first"?

Then you request a back up? They're automatically scheduled anyways.

Mountain out of a mole hill imo.

fragman85 04-08-2009 05:52 PM

Who cares about Anti-Graal having Back Ups?
I mean what's the use?

Anti-Graal can obviously not to ANYTHING to damage Graal, it's not like they're professional Hackers (otherwise they'd have hacked Graal years ago).

fowlplay4 08-13-2009 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it was fun griefing my client-rc'ers on Zodiac but this should be dealt with.

It needs to filter out HTML tags sent through RC messages.

My current hack fix to prevent the tags from continuing to wreak havoc:

PHP Code:

//#CLIENTSIDE

/*
   Hack fix due to ScriptRCRCchat.onTextChanged not working.
*/

function ScriptedRCWindow.onWake() {

onWatchRC();
}

function 
ScriptedRCWindow.onShow() {

onWatchRC();
}

function 
onWatchRC() {

// Quits looping until onScrolled can takeover completely.

if (ScriptedRCScroll.scrollpos[1] > 0) return;

checkRC();

this.scheduleevent(0.05"WatchRC""");
}

function 
ScriptedRCScroll.onScrolled() {

checkRC();
}

/*
   Checks RC for new messages / text.
*/

function checkRC() {

// Prevent Scroll Looping

if (this.last == ScriptedRCRCchat.text.length()) return;

// Get Last Line

temp.rcchat ScriptedRCRCchat.text;
  for (
temp.temp.rcchat.length(); temp.0temp.i--) {

temp.char temp.rcchat.charat(temp.i);
    if (
temp.char == "\\" && temp.lastchar == "n") {

temp.lbpos temp.2;
      break;
    }

temp.lastchar temp.char;
  }

// Determine Last Message

temp.lastmsg temp.rcchat.substring(temp.lbpos);
  if (
temp.lastmsg.pos("</font>") >= 0) {

temp.from    temp.lastmsg.substring(0temp.lastmsg.pos("</font>")+7);

temp.textmsg temp.lastmsg.substring(temp.lastmsg.pos("</font>")+7);

temp.textmsg temp.from filter(temp.textmsg);
  }
  else 
temp.textmsg temp.lastmsg;

// Alter Text

temp.oldspos = @ScriptedRCScroll.scrollpos;

ScriptedRCRCchat.text ScriptedRCRCchat.text.substring(0temp.lbpos) @ temp.textmsg;
  if (
temp.oldspos != (@ScriptedRCScroll.scrollpos)) {

ScriptedRCScroll.scrolltobottom();
  }

// Record Length

this.last ScriptedRCRCchat.text.length();
}

// Filter's <font> tags.

function filter(msg) {

temp.mpos msg.pos("<font");
  if (
temp.mpos == -1) return msg;

temp.cpos msg.substring(temp.mpos).pos(">");
  while (
temp.mpos >= && temp.cpos >= 0) {

msg msg.substring(0temp.mpos) @ msg.substring(temp.mpos+temp.cpos+1);

temp.mpos msg.pos("<font");

temp.cpos msg.substring(temp.mpos).pos(">");
  }
  return 
" " msg.trim();

adam 02-20-2010 05:06 AM

:( I can't find the scripted RC graphics. sad.

cbk1994 02-20-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1514498)
Well it was fun griefing my client-rc'ers on Zodiac but this should be dealt with.

It needs to filter out HTML tags sent through RC messages.

My current hack fix to prevent the tags from continuing to wreak havoc:

Can you not just replace "<" with "&lt;"? I've done it several times and it works a charm.

fowlplay4 02-20-2010 05:52 AM

Yeah but then the tags show up.

cbk1994 02-20-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1557369)
Yeah but then the tags show up.

Isn't that what you want?

Skyld 06-27-2010 07:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I've picked up work on the Scripted RC again and have made the following improvements:
  • The ban window now works properly. You can ban both accounts and PC IDs now;
  • The ban window also shows now the length of time that a ban takes, and how long there is remaining on a ban;
  • The rights window has been updated and now uses tabs;
  • HTML tags stripped properly from RC chat;
  • RC chat is now automatically focused when you press F6;
  • The script editor now has an adjustable pane so that you can drag the section between the script list and the editor;
  • Removed the playerlist and instead added context menu items to the normal scripted playerlist when you log into Scripted RC (just right-click someone on your F7 list after logging in with F6);
  • Adding drop-down menus for the colours selection in the Attributes window.
Things I plan to fix over the next couple of days:
  • Admin messages not always working properly.
I would really appreciate it if you want to test it. You can do so by loging onto Login 2 and then onto your server and pressing F6. Let me know if there are any bugs or anything that needs improving/fixing.

oo_jazz_oo 06-27-2010 09:20 PM

The scripted rc still needs the ability to search the script list and file browser.

When you have literally hundreds and hundreds of weapons, classes, etc, it would be nice to search for a specific item.
Like the external rc does now...you begin typing, and it finds the first instance that begins with what you typed.

Other than that...i'm glad this is finally being worked on again.

Edit: Also, another thing. Is there any way to check if a player is on clientrc?
The only way I found to do this was to check:
PHP Code:

(@ "-ScriptedRC").this.sessionOpen 

Which of course only works clientside. There should be some flag set to the player if they are on clientrc.

cbk1994 06-27-2010 10:09 PM

Tig has implemented the type-to-find, albeit in an obstructive way, with the playerlist on Login 2. That should be easy enough to copy and fix up.

Skyld 06-27-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1584430)
The scripted rc still needs the ability to search the script list and file browser.

Definitely can do this in the filebrowser, but the script editor might be a bit more complicated since scripts are being opened when they are being selected at the left. That might make it hard since if you click the left so that you can start typing, you might open a script, and also when a script is selected, it might be opened by the client (since it probably simulates a select event).
Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo
Edit: Also, another thing. Is there any way to check if a player is on clientrc?

The clientside check is the only reliable one, not sure if it's a good idea to add client flags or such.