Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Information (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Informational: Vote Kicking System (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74347)

MisterMastermind 06-04-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambet (Post 1314895)
You guys still don't pose legitimate points and you act like this system hasn't worked for other games. You're all just scared of getting kicked and act like one person can easily kick you whenever they want to. If you're gold and you play a lot, chances are that over half of your team won't want you gone, and you know what, as already stated, it only makes sense for you to be removed from a team if over half the team does want you gone.

I could 100% guarantee a kick on someone, just because I have a few friends, and I HAVE been kicked from other games for "hacking" by getting in headshot after headshot from simply AIMING. I paid for a membership so that I could play, not to get kicked for "being a douche", and I don't find it fair that I'll end up getting kicked at some point or other because YOU'RE not on to do your job as GP. Other people stated the same thing I have, just block kicks on Gold members or at least set up a damned log for who gets kicked, and who voted for it.

Gambet 06-04-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMastermind (Post 1314897)
I could 100% guarantee a kick on someone, just because I have a few friends, and I HAVE been kicked from other games for "hacking" by getting in headshot after headshot from simply AIMING. I paid for a membership so that I could play, not to get kicked for "being a douche", and I don't find it fair that I'll end up getting kicked at some point or other because YOU'RE not on to do your job as GP. Other people stated the same thing I have, just block kicks on Gold members or at least set up a damned log for who gets kicked, and who voted for it.

NOTE: I just added restriction where you can't choose to vote kick the same person twice in a row, so if someone votes to kick you off and your team votes no as a whole, that same person can't continue to spam the voting process to have you removed.

As for the smart remark about me, this system isn't about hackers. It's just a plus that player's will be able to kick hackers themselves. And as I already stated, I don't care what reasoning a team may have to boot you off, but if over half the team feels the reasoning is valid, then it only makes sense for someone to be booted off a team they are clearly not wanted on. And yes, that's nice that you're a paid member, but it's another paid member that has to call the voting process to kick you out, thus making it all even more valid.

And I still don't see what we need logs for. Why people are kicked is not important.

EDIT: As I already stated, the person that needs to approve of everything is Stefan. I'll adjust the system to however he may think seems fit, and if he feels only trial accounts should be able to get kicked, then I'll make it that way, but I've played with a lot of paid members that have deserved a kicking from the team multiple times, so it's more than a trial problem.

Crow 06-04-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambet (Post 1314743)
Yes, because clearly it's possible to edit serverside information with programs that are only designed to edit clientside information since it's not possible to edit serverside information without breaking into Graal's main systems which is completely illegal and can land you in quite a lawsuit with the feds. Not like you'd be able to hack this serversided protection anyways, even if you were that experienced and managed to hack into the Graal database, since this information wouldn't be available for you to access, moreso it would be accounts and so forth.

Now drop that damn subject, I'm tired of repeating myself to people that arn't willing to listen to what I'm saying. That's really fantastic that you've abused things in other games, but you didn't do anything special, you just abused clientsided information.

I didnt say I only abused clientsided information, did I? :)

Oh, yea, btw:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambet (Post 1314895)
You guys still don't pose legitimate points and you act like this system hasn't worked for other games.

It works with other games, the problem is, those other games are just not Graal. An example: You are playing TrackMania Nations. Someone wants to get you kicked, just because you pissed him off. Only 5 - 6 people vote "Yes". Thats not enough, because there are about 40 - 50 players on a server most of the time. But in Graal, and especially just in single teams, there are sometimes only 10.

xXziroXx 06-04-2007 03:59 PM

Serversided stuff can NOT be hacked.
Clientsided stuff CAN be hacked.

This is a secure enough system, so what the hell are you talking about Crow? And guys, stop complaining, soon enough you'll get no updates what so ever. Be thankful for what you get.

Crow 06-04-2007 04:54 PM

I'm not only talking about Graal, also other MMOGs. True, serverside cannot be hacked directly, but it's still possible.

Gambet 06-04-2007 05:27 PM

Update: All staff members listed in the staff array are now protected against being able to get kicked, as approved of by Stefan.

xAzerothx 06-04-2007 05:28 PM

Only P2Ps can kick right? I don't think they would want to kick Typhoon.

Gambet 06-04-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAzerothx (Post 1314987)

Only Gold users can call the process to kick someone, but everyone is allowed to vote.

Crow 06-04-2007 05:39 PM

Maybe only allow trials to vote every 5 or even 10 minutes? Another reason to get gold :P

SayianOozaru 06-04-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
I didnt say I only abused clientsided information, did I?

Not to him you didnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziro

This is a secure enough system, so what the hell are you talking about Crow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow
I didnt say I only abused clientsided information, did I?

Basically what you said here;
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziro

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az

He'll be on the other team, if that happens. ;)

MisterMastermind 06-04-2007 07:18 PM

There's a giant flaw with this, and that's a fact you've clearly stated but not wanted to look more in depth on.
Quote:

Well I'd rather have a hacker on my team, than a hacker on the other team as do many people. Sooner or later people will realize that when they kick a hacker, the hacker just goes to the OTHER team.

SayianOozaru 06-04-2007 07:22 PM

The hacker will be made to go to the other team, which in turn the other team will most likely :kick that player, which would cause him to go in circles, which im pretty sure would get agrivating after done once or twice

bahamutstevetff 06-04-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambet (Post 1314985)
Update: All staff members listed in the staff array are now protected against being able to get kicked, as approved of by Stefan.

damn i wanted to :kick huwajux

dude2020 06-04-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambet (Post 1314985)

Maybe that should only work for when the tag is on...

xAzerothx 06-04-2007 08:28 PM

They could put their tag on to avoid it. Say a staff member sees they're being being kicked. Couldn't they just put their tag on?