Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   What Happened To Classic? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70549)

WanDaMan 02-10-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi (Post 1275762)
However, Classic is focusing on that medevial zelda feel under my wing, so burger refuge has to go. Eldandy's love shack is coming back. Besides, all good rpgs have a brothel involved quest.

Change the name please. It just wouldn't be the same...

Rufus 02-10-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Tyhm is listing things that are old concepts of classic, what I said is actually happening, since I am in charge of it. Tyhm is a smart man and a previous developer so i am more then happy when he throws out a good list as such

However, Classic is focusing on that medevial zelda feel under my wing, so burger refuge has to go. Eldandy's love shack is coming back. Besides, all good rpgs have a brothel involved quest.

Does this mean things like the Milk Carton body will be removed also? I like the promotion of consistency, but milk carton's running around? Seriously.

Tyhm 02-10-2007 06:31 PM

I feel we disagree on the definition of "Classic". I never cared for many of the anachronisms: burger refuge being one, ATM cards, motorcycles, etc. Some of it can be explained using the timeline that I only partially implemented, where Graal's about 800 years in the future, after we've all nuked ourselves back to the stone age and worked our way back up to swords and simple explosives...but refined gunpowder's proving elusive in this strange new world, making it hard to make anything smaller than a bomb "stable".

So what is Classic? A medeval server like Kingdoms? A staplegunned together server of competing guilds forever reeling from Pachuka's insistence that, having made half the world once, he won't allow his old levels re-uploaded? A world of broken quests to explore with no knowing what links will forever wall you or what quests will waste your time?

Eldandy's Love Shack is a fine name. B52's yo.

Infernix 02-10-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

I can tell you right now that it doesn't have that feel. What are you guys doing to bring that zelda feel?

Chandler 02-10-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhm (Post 1275842)
Eldandy's Love Shack is a fine name. B52's yo.

Rock lobster! :p

Kristi 02-10-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernix (Post 1275853)
I can tell you right now that it doesn't have that feel. What are you guys doing to bring that zelda feel?

Having quests that require you to beat them to get items and story to move to the next. =P standard zelda.

Tyhm, not only is it a fine name. It was what was there before Burger Refuge and a few others. I know you never cared for the anachronisms, but all the classic servers are doing it! I still think of Graal as Zeldaonline, and so I think Classic should emulate the Zelda roots. Most of that list that doesn't contain anachronisms will exist as part of the story. I am actually glad you mentioned Kull. He slipped my mind and fits in perfectly for a plot point.

Infernix 02-10-2007 11:31 PM

Well Im guessing your going to have bosses that dont look like **** and thus that means your going to have some of the best graphic artist on graal.

Tyhm 02-11-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi (Post 1275932)
Having quests that require you to beat them to get items and story to move to the next. =P standard zelda.

Tyhm, not only is it a fine name. It was what was there before Burger Refuge and a few others. I know you never cared for the anachronisms, but all the classic servers are doing it! I still think of Graal as Zeldaonline, and so I think Classic should emulate the Zelda roots. Most of that list that doesn't contain anachronisms will exist as part of the story. I am actually glad you mentioned Kull. He slipped my mind and fits in perfectly for a plot point.

The original quest, likewise, was 99% Baddies. I mean, literally, there were 5 versions of the main hall, all with different doors open and different baddies present. No flags, no strings, no keys, no door NPCs, all 1-way warps and baddies, with a tiny bit of programming for Kull himself - which I believe was literally "When hit, warp player to next stage of Kull. Once a second, shoot a rockball."

Which brings us to the standing issue of It'd be really nice if the Global Scripters scripted a Basic Baddy for General Use...

Torankusu 02-11-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhm (Post 1275956)
Which brings us to the standing issue of It'd be really nice if the Global Scripters scripted a Basic Baddy for General Use...

AGREED.

i think someone was thinking about doing it around last summer though.

Tyhm 02-11-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torankusu (Post 1275980)
AGREED.

i think someone was thinking about doing it around last summer though.

Yeah...that was me...I'm still waiting for Stefan to respond to his PM...if I had access to the Kingdoms baddies, I could learn from them and adapt the old clientside baddy script accordingly. Really, it'd just be a question of changing the attack range and so forth; the Dievil/Rabbit/Mushroom/Shellbomy/Evilbomy/TRex practically IS a Lizardon otherwise.

Kristi 02-11-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyhm (Post 1275956)
The original quest, likewise, was 99% Baddies. I mean, literally, there were 5 versions of the main hall, all with different doors open and different baddies present. No flags, no strings, no keys, no door NPCs, all 1-way warps and baddies, with a tiny bit of programming for Kull himself - which I believe was literally "When hit, warp player to next stage of Kull. Once a second, shoot a rockball."

Im scripting baddies to work with my new system. When its all said and done I might make the code public. The baddies have customizable physics and all that nonsense

Tyhm 02-11-2007 02:59 AM

Cool, lemme know if you need the ganis. (I think I've posted them already...but I may not have)

Minoc 02-12-2007 09:59 PM

Tyhm and Hell Raven working together..
Things have changed in the last few years.

Kristi 02-12-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc (Post 1276718)
Tyhm and Hell Raven working together..
Things have changed in the last few years.

Hehehe, oh man the good ol' days

WHIPENIE4 05-19-2007 12:21 AM

if it has more then 20 players on it, thats considered good compared to the other. well nevermind. its 3rd. But i could care less. The only people I remember play Classic. why bring this up every other month? let it be dead with all 24 of us on it :). If they delete Classic, I delete me :) which everyone would like. so... yeah.