Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Graal v4 Bugs - For Stefan/testers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58740)

p2p_Sir_Link 05-12-2005 12:21 PM

Yea I was about to say that's pretty leet.

HoudiniMan 05-13-2005 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New monitor got here yesterday (Dell 1905 OMG!) and a new bug was born.

Note in lower right corner how the chatbar as well as NPC text sent there doesn't hide after they disappear

Using resolution 1280*1024

Ajira 05-13-2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
New monitor got here yesterday (Dell 1905 OMG!) and a new bug was born.

Note in lower right corner how the chatbar as well as NPC text sent there doesn't hide after they disappear

Using resolution 1280*1024

It is a problem with the redrawing of images on the right-most side of the level. I thought Stefan fixed it though. =x

HoudiniMan 05-17-2005 11:03 PM

Actually, it seems it's a problem when my screen is displaying area bigger than the level's tileboard.

The glitch doesn't happen when i move to the left a bit, it happens when it runs off the side of the level's board.

Admins 05-17-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Actually, it seems it's a problem when my screen is displaying area bigger than the level's tileboard.

The glitch doesn't happen when i move to the left a bit, it happens when it runs off the side of the level's board.

Already fixed :)

GrowlZ1010 05-18-2005 01:38 AM

Some GScript2 objects cannot be stored in variables:
(also, note that showimg rotation exists now :cool: )

HTML Code:

showimg(2,"head122.png",10,0);
 e = findimg(2);
 e.rotation = 20; // doesn't work
 player.chat = e.x; // doesn't work

showimg(2,"head122.png",10,0);
 findimg(2).rotation = 20; // works fine
 player.chat = findimg(2).x; // works fine

e = this.getvarnames();
 player.chat = e.size(); // 72 - works fine
 say2(e[0]); // works fine

e = this.getfunctions();
 player.chat = e.size(); // 0 - doesn't work
 say2(e[0]); // doesn't work

player.chat = this.getfunctions().size(); // 98 - works fine
 say2(this.getfunctions()[0]); // works fine

HoudiniMan 05-18-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
Already fixed :)

Oh yeah, maybe now it is, but it wasn't a couple hours ago!!

Ibonic 05-19-2005 08:12 AM

""- If somebody logs off before you can read their PM, the PM bubble on the playerlist tabs doesn't go away"

I think we should be able to read PMs like this instead of them disappearing and us having to look in history to see :\

--

While I was on Unholy Nation, I noticed that when I died in a spar room where v2 would normally set me by the door, v4 did not. NJ said "it might be a triggeraction", but we haven't inspected it.

Some of the custom emoticons on UN also don't work as expected and as they do in v2.
[Edit]The emoticons (even the standard ones) seem not to start at the first frame when using them multiple times, which seems related to this problem..[/Edit]

On the classic server I had a problem where my sword and bomb/arrows etc. would not work when they should have. I reconnected, reloaded the client and so on and the problem still existed. Then when I changed to the v2 client, and it worked again as expected. But I haven't been able to reproduce this and can't provide more info yet.

Admins 05-19-2005 01:04 PM

For the sparring thing please give me the level name, for the emoticons the emoticon-keys which dont restart

Admins 05-19-2005 06:38 PM

About the menu stuff:
You need to set profile = "GuiMenuBarProfile", because the background is only drawn if profile.opaque = true.

Ibonic 05-19-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
For the sparring thing please give me the level name, for the emoticons the emoticon-keys which dont restart

townsparmedium2.graal -- sorry about that x_x

It seems that all of the emoticons are affected, e.g. if you press ctrl + A, it first starts with A, then if you move / press another key when it's at F, and press ctrl + A again it will start at the F etc. but on v2 it would always start at A. Same with Z/B etc.

The custom ones on UN (not sure how they are working) such as ctrl + 0 (zero) have similar problems, and some of them (ctrl + ', ctrl + /) don't work at all.

[Edit]
Whenever I get the "Another player logged into your account" message, v4 will freeze and become unusable.

Admins 05-19-2005 10:10 PM

Ok fixed the problem on Unholy Nation (it was not calling playerenters after the player died). I have also modified the animations to restart if they are displayed again after being invisible for 200 milliseconds. If two people use the same emoticon then it will still show the same animation step though (for optimization).

zwr 05-20-2005 05:49 PM

when i summoned a "few" (20-30?) monster pets, my handle count for the graal4.exe goes to 230.000 and many nice errors about no memory left start appearing :)

Skyld 05-20-2005 09:15 PM

Z height of serverside database npcs are not always updated on the client.
An example would be my ship on Era, which does not always appear to land in Graal 4
The Z does update on entering the level, but not when it is being actively changed.

Edit
I have checked out the problem on a couple of other servers, and different Graal versions. I realise that it is not actually a problem with Graal 4, but Era, regardless of the Graal version used

pacMASTA 05-20-2005 09:39 PM

In graal4 linux will the shield position be fixed and the hellish chat be fixed?