Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

DrakilorP2P 03-02-2010 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry (Post 1560133)
Gmaps are kinda planned as soon as I clean up the terrible user interface for tilesets/layers a bit, which is pretty important I guess. If you have any ideas how to do that, that'd own, since I'm terrible at user interfaces~

Tiled does a good job with layers. Hope this helps.

DustyPorViva 03-02-2010 08:42 PM

If you're up to it, could have layers be displayed in their own tab in a manner that photoshop does.
http://i49.tinypic.com/34nslyw.png

However, you can also leave what you have there now as it makes for quick navigation without moving away from the tileset tab and such.

Fry 03-02-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephirot (Post 1559884)
They are up to date :(.

Okay I managed to reproduce the problem (somehow), and hopefully got it fixed. If you would like you could try this version here again, hopefully it also solves it for you.

zephirot 03-02-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry (Post 1560215)
Okay I managed to reproduce the problem (somehow), and hopefully got it fixed. If you would like you could try this version here again, hopefully it also solves it for you.

Doesn't work >_<, but don't bother if I'm the only one with that problem I will just use the regular level editor.

oo_jazz_oo 03-02-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephirot (Post 1559636)
This happen when I scroll the tiles bar.

I now have this problem...before it was just a grey block, but I guess it decided to upgrade to this. :P

Fry 03-02-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1560223)
I now have this problem...before it was just a grey block, but I guess it decided to upgrade to this. :P

Do you have the problem with the version I linked above?

oo_jazz_oo 03-02-2010 10:55 PM

I only have that problem from the version you linked. :P

Before, instead of showing the weird windows and tiles in the level section, it would just show a big grey block, like I said before.

Now, it displays that. But the windows link on the first page was broken, so I downloaded that one...

Fry 03-03-2010 11:27 PM

Okay, please tell me this version works now, this is slowly driving me insane :(

coreys 03-04-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry (Post 1560455)
Okay, please tell me this version works now, this is slowly driving me insane :(

Hm, you built it in debug mode or something like that? The console window is being used.

Fry 03-04-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys (Post 1560460)
Hm, you built it in debug mode or something like that? The console window is being used.

That is fine, it's only a test version, what I'm interested in is whether the level displaying works for everyone, especially the two who posted.

oo_jazz_oo 03-04-2010 12:37 AM

Did not fix it. :(

Still getting the exact same glitch.

~And just soemthing small, when creating a new layer, I think it should make the new layer all transparent tiles...rather than making it whatever tile you have selected.
That way, if you only want a few tiles on that layer, you dont have to search for the transparent tile and try to make it fill the layer. XD

Fry 03-04-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1560470)
Did not fix it. :(

Still getting the exact same glitch.

~And just soemthing small, when creating a new layer, I think it should make the new layer all transparent tiles...rather than making it whatever tile you have selected.
That way, if you only want a few tiles on that layer, you dont have to search for the transparent tile and try to make it fill the layer. XD

... wait, do you actually see the level and can you edit it? Because you said you can't a few posts up, but in your second sentence you say you can see the level.

Also can probably add some kind of support for a transparent tile, which you can chose from the tileset.

coreys 03-04-2010 01:29 AM

With the new version now I am having that issue, which I wasn't before.

oo_jazz_oo 03-04-2010 02:01 AM

Where did I say I can't edit the level?

I never did. XD

I only see that glitch when scrolling the tiles. It goes away if I click on the level section a few times, but re-appears every time I scroll the tiles again.

Deas_Voice 03-04-2010 02:23 AM

just a note,
i've managed to install gonstruct by source instead, figured that would be alot smarter.

oh and, why can't i have both pics1 and the layer pics that dusty made, but with different level prefix?
is it broke?