Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal Free To Play on Facebook and Android (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262480)

MattKan 03-20-2011 11:28 PM

I think that those are some pretty cool updates.

Honestly, I know everyone has been complaining about how outdated the Graal Editor is for the past several years, and I'm kind of curious as to why you guys are still complaining? Seems like you guys just like to whine about things...

As far as Facebook and Android go, well, more publicity the better, I guess. Facebook will be cool, definitely will check it out, but will using the Facebook game give other Graalians links to my actual facebook page? Will their be privacy settings, or...?

And v6 is finally coming! That's awesome!

Good updates! This just goes to show that there is stuff actually going on behind seens; also, considering that there was more than one "news", that means Unixmad's thread from yesterday may have actually used good grammar!

Exciting! Good direction for Graal, in my opinion! Congratulations on pulling this off!

Clockwork 03-20-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm753 (Post 1637809)
So what does this mean about the client/downloadable graal? Is it going to be rendered useless once facebook graal hits?

Are all the servers on current PC graal going to be reset? Are we going to lose the ability to sethead/body etc?

Read "Era and classic".

oo_jazz_oo 03-20-2011 11:38 PM

So...does this mean subscriptions aren't changing either?

Is your solution to high priced subscriptions just "Go play it on Facebook instead"? o.o

JesusFreak250 03-20-2011 11:40 PM

Read what unixmad replied to me erlier

oo_jazz_oo 03-20-2011 11:45 PM

Ok...so let me get this straight...

Unixmad fully knows that the subscription system does not fit any audience well....and his solution is just to not advertise it, so people don't play it? o.O

Instead of waiting for servers to move to item based shop systems....why not just reduce the freaking price of the subscriptions.
I'm sure that there is a price that would fit it...if you assume every player will buy 2-3 items from a shop, or buy in-game currency...figure maybe 10 dollars or so.
Could even bump it to 15.

And just charge that...oh nvm, that would make too much sense.

Shards-Of-Fate 03-20-2011 11:55 PM

o_o So, when're we going to drop names like Classic and Era for something more modern and cool like Graal Swords and Graal Guns. And while we're updating to things like facebook and cash shops. Don't forget to start advertising.

Graal: Free Forever.

Chompy 03-21-2011 12:00 AM

Interesting! Will be sure to test this stuff out :)!

I sent you an email Unixmad!

Rave_J 03-21-2011 12:13 AM

who got new dev tools ? they never said nothiign about new dev tools lol
prob only new thing for dev part is hey kids u can make a server for facebook now and u pay us for u to make it then turn around and pay to play a server u made. im telling u pc is the main leg if it wasnt with us then there will be no graal general no era no zone,zodaic,atlanits,delteria,npluse,UN nothing ti would of been GK and classic thats it

Crow 03-21-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1637842)

You should read the OP before posting anything at all.

nullify 03-21-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

People who want them are talking about them.
It would be just splendid if we could get some new freaking dev tools.

Vinka 03-21-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm753 (Post 1637843)
So basically the current Graal PC client is being left to die? Awesome.

I don't think so, I believe it will have an indirect change to PC Graal, for the better.

Shadow5596321 03-21-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

prob only new thing for dev part is hey kids u can make a server for facebook now and u pay us for u to make it then turn around and pay to play a server u made. im telling u pc is the main leg if it wasnt with us then there will be no graal general no era no zone,zodaic,atlanits,delteria,npluse,UN nothing ti would of been GK and classic thats it

Honsetly, shut up. You can't even begin to read, or even look at the original post that has been editted a few times to bring us more updates. We're getting new dev tools in a month or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm753 (Post 1637843)
So basically the current Graal PC client is being left to die? Awesome.

Eat my pants, Unixmad. Choke on them.

I see you don't like to read threads either.

Grimm753 03-21-2011 12:44 AM

I read the thread, I must've just misinterpreted it when I read it?

Basically we either play graal on facebook, iphone, android, or not at all?

cbk1994 03-21-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm753 (Post 1637852)

Why would they spend so much time making v6 and then drop it right after they've announced a release soon?

devilsknite1 03-21-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimm753 (Post 1637852)

Is the client being shut down? There. Your question is answered.

I personally am very thankful for this release. If one person starts playing a game on FB, it shows up to everyone. If they find it any interesting, they're probably going to download the PC client or buy the app for any form platform.

New dev tools <3

Rave_J 03-21-2011 12:54 AM

oh ok i read the dev tools in may or june still they eventually going to make classic lifetime erase and then make it where everybody has to pay still my point comes down too this
why make a server for facebook or iphone or pc when they just make money off of you it wouldnt be a problem but it kind of is when u have to pay for a server then they just make money off of u if it goes up just doesnt make since if i wanted to do that y not just make ur own game with torque easily 99 dollars u can buy the torque engine which is better dev tools and not so limited to what u can do then u get updates of new tools ect. with out paying more and theres no 1 year thing either u have it so take ur time making a game.

Again how would they find pc graal if there not going to advertise the game ?
they will just go to apps since that will be advertise

Shadow5596321 03-21-2011 12:55 AM

Who said anything about removing lifetime classic from people?

Rave_J 03-21-2011 12:57 AM

i said eventually they will
honestly do u really think they will keep it around
if they make it free to play im 99 percent sure its going to be a grelat shop like
its on the iphone. so y have them if there free to play

Soala 03-21-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1637855)
oh ok i read the dev tools in may or june still they eventually going to make classic lifetime erase and then make it where everybody has to pay still my point comes down too this
why make a server for facebook or iphone or pc when they just make money off of you it wouldnt be a problem but it kind of is when u have to pay for a server then they just make money off of u if it goes up just doesnt make since if i wanted to do that y not just make ur own game with torque easily 99 dollars u can buy the torque engine which is better dev tools and not so limited to what u can do then u get updates of new tools ect. with out paying more and theres no 1 year thing either u have it so take ur time making a game.

If you're complaining about how hard/expensive it is to develop a server on PC graal, I suggest you stop trying to develop anything at all.

Rave_J 03-21-2011 12:58 AM

i have quit i havent dev on graal for 2 years due to not worth it no more. i been working on better things with my freetime

Admins 03-21-2011 12:59 AM

Letting all facebook players on the current (single) Classic iPhone server would probably crash the server ;) So by default players will play on different severs/shards, but there will be special options for iPhone players to access the server from their Facebook account, which will be announced later.

Rave_J 03-21-2011 01:01 AM

well stefan question
dont u guys think servers should be for free now due pc is the only thing that will keep facebook servers alive and iphone its kind of like branching pc verison to support everything ? i just dont think its fair for devs when theres nothing in return while u guys make all the money for really not that much. UC servers where talking about

cbk1994 03-21-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1637855)

http://u.graalcenter.org/i/dontbescared.jpg

These buttons are your friend...

Admins 03-21-2011 01:08 AM

I've attached an Era screenshot to the original post :)

Rave_J 03-21-2011 01:09 AM

Well im done fighting I just feel like there ripping us off. i remember when stefan gave free servers out,classic status ect didnt care about the money. and now all i feel like he use us for is to get money for him thats it. Dev for graal use too be fun cuz it was u make things for players pc to enjoy but that was free graal ect now its buy a server ya u make ur own game but for them to make money off of it. Just dont make sense

MysticalDragon 03-21-2011 01:31 AM

I think its awsome how graal has finally decided on a way to boost the player count. I Look foward of adding Delteria to facebook.

MattKan 03-21-2011 01:34 AM

What's this about Graal iPhone VIP subscription? Can you make it so you don't have to pay for it if you have an active subscription to Graal PC?

Zeross 03-21-2011 01:43 AM

This is fantastic, grand movements and strategic advancements... all seems positive to me.

papajchris 03-21-2011 01:47 AM

I find it quite humorous that Unixmad expect PC players to purchase heads. You are going to lose a great deal of old players that way. I do think moving to facebook was a good idea though, and it's a shame it took you years to finally read a post from the forums and realize "hey maybe pay to play isn't working out!"

Supaman771 03-21-2011 01:47 AM

Guess Event?
When was this.. o.O

Updates look promising, Graal is finally moving foward (aka ditching pc client for other things... again).
Dev tools and v6, can't wait for :3

TheGodAngelo 03-21-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1637814)
"You're hard at work recreating the server? Oh, well, were just gonna release 4 identicle servers full of reused content. Kthxbai."
Unless of course you talked it over with the team at Classic...I somehow doubt that tho.

technically i've been a developer on iphone and pc classic as many of my graphics end up being stolen and ported over to iphone. or atleast that's what the comments and screenshots from my friend seem to indicate. Though i only joined the Pc classic team recently.

Astram 03-21-2011 01:52 AM

Since Graal will be a facebook app, I have a questions...

Does the app have a list of servers for players to play on, and ANYONE can register their server on the "facebook client" to have it appear on facebook?

Can you use facebook credits to buy gralats?

Suggestions...

The iPhone VIP MemberShip, should include a user name and password for the player to log on to the facebook client using his current account, the VIP will get you a special hat, head, body, and a VIP area on the gmap. That should make the players happy.

I cant wait to see this!!! :D

MattKan 03-21-2011 01:59 AM

Suggestion: iPhone VIP Membership should be included with PC membership.

WaDaFack 03-21-2011 02:02 AM

Can't wait for the new Dev tools! :)

salesman 03-21-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1637747)
Yes it will be possible. The first step before thinking to go on iPhone/Android will be to switch to the new Free To Play rules we will introduce.

Also Mobile Phone are less powerful than PC so content need to be optimized. Stefan will introduce mobile phone development in the forthcoming weeks.

Will developers be able to get a fair share of the cash shop earnings?

Reese 03-21-2011 02:08 AM

Is there anyway to connect the two? So you can log on two different ways but still keep the way things are just pretty much adding a new log in way

DustyPorViva 03-21-2011 02:09 AM

New devs tools intrigues me A LOT. However, are they scripted in Graal or are they external like the old development tools?

Sinkler 03-21-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1637867)
Well im done fighting I just feel like there ripping us off. i remember when stefan gave free servers out,classic status ect didnt care about the money. and now all i feel like he use us for is to get money for him thats it. Dev for graal use too be fun cuz it was u make things for players pc to enjoy but that was free graal ect now its buy a server ya u make ur own game but for them to make money off of it. Just dont make sense

Rave...besides the obvious difficulties you have with English language, I must say your argument isn't really strong. Just because things were different in the past doesn't mean that it's going to stay the same. Stefan and Unixmad (from their recent posts and changes) have shown they're planning on moving forward with Graal. What I think most people misunderstand is the fact that Cyberjouers is a For-Profit business, not a "lets make a free game" business. So yes Rave, their goals are money-oriented as they should be to be successful.

It really, really does make sense Rave....

Pimmeh 03-21-2011 02:15 AM

Hm, am I the only one who is kind of underwhelmed by the quality of updates from Unixmad? I feel like Eurocenter could at least use proper grammar.
No offense Unixmad, but Stefan seems to manage...

Soala 03-21-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astram (Post 1637886)
Can you use facebook credits to buy gralats?

Sounds quite logic to me.