Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Global Development Team additions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87836)

Rufus 12-06-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1542740)
Everyone is welcome to go check out the misty mug tavern on GK for an example of some of her levels that are on GK at the moment. She has also contributed endless numbers of levels to Unholy Nation when she was LAT Admin there for over a year.

I posted some of her Unholy Nation levels and you said they're outdated?

Chompy 12-06-2009 12:32 AM

Any additions to any global department, should be documented and a reason stated for hiring that person.

Crow 12-06-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1542742)
Any additions to any global department, should be documented and a reason stated for hiring that person.

I believe there should also be a list of all members showing what each individual member can do very well or better.

Matt 12-06-2009 12:36 AM

I hope this isn't another Malinko and Artanis thing. =\
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1542742)

Agreed. Which is why people question the GDT, and how legit it is.

I guess we'll see when she contributes to a project that she's assigned. :)

Tigairius 12-06-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1542741)
I posted some of her Unholy Nation levels and you said they're outdated?

They are, those are her house levels made over half a decade ago. She has since contributed a lot of time working on levels for Unholy Nation after she became an LAT Admin.

Rufus 12-06-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1542746)
They are, those are her house levels made over half a decade ago. She has since contributed a lot of time working on levels for Unholy Nation after she became an LAT Admin.

You know, if you just posted some levels the entire thing wouldn't have been blown out of proportion. The content I have seen from Katie, coupled with nobody knowing who she is, does not put her in a position to carry out any of the roles of a GDT member from where I'm sitting.

Deophite18 12-06-2009 12:47 AM

After working on Era, I told Bell no one should be hired as PWA if there girlfriend plays Graal. I was joking when I said it but maybe it should be a real rule
http://i49.tinypic.com/oj4abp.jpg

Mark Sir Link 12-06-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1542740)
If they were not qualified for the position, they would not have been added; and if they were added and were not qualified, I think it's pretty clear that they will end up being removed eventually anyways when we ask them to do work and they are unable to complete it properly.

this implies the GDT has put out some work, so on a completely different subject, where can I go to find GDT members' work?

After joining the GDT, of course.

Stephen 12-06-2009 01:17 AM

I am considering resignation from the team; take it as an invitation, or more simply as an observation - but all of this in-fighting is pretty destructive to the sense of a "team". Even more, it's very destructive to image of effectiveness we portray as a team to the Graal Community.

Personally, I'm not very impressed by the development and nature of this situation.

The work which I have seen by Katie has been excellent and I am a very critical person - but I have only seen recent work by her, which I would suspect reflects her abilities. Her abilities, after all, are what is in question. I'm sure my older work would not reflect well upon my current talent.

LordSquirt 12-06-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1542756)
I am considering resignation from the team; take it as an invitation, or more simply as an observation - but all of this in-fighting is pretty destructive to the sense of a "team". Even more, it's very destructive to image of effectiveness we portray as a team to the Graal Community.

Personally, I'm not very impressed by the development and nature of this situation.

The work which I have seen by Katie has been excellent and I am a very critical person - but I have only seen recent work by her, which I would suspect reflects her abilities. Her abilities, after all, are what is in question. I'm sure my older work would not reflect well upon my current talent.

What exactly did you do on your time on the team?

I don't want this to offend anyone, but I still don't get what the point of GDT is and haven't seen any contributions other than some of Streetys work.

Can a GDT elaborate on some things that they accomplished because from my standpoint I haven't even seen anything done.

Stephen 12-06-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1542762)
What exactly did you do on your time on the team?

I don't want this to offend anyone, but I still don't get what the point of GDT is and haven't seen any contributions other than some of Streetys work.

Can a GDT elaborate on some things that they accomplished because from my standpoint I haven't even seen anything done.

I'm afraid I was only recently added before this juvenile in-fighting started. It's not very impressive.

LordSquirt 12-06-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1542764)
I'm afraid I was only recently added before this juvenile in-fighting started. It's not very impressive.

When you were hired were you supposed to do something? Maybe assigned to do something?

I just don't get the responsibilities of the GDT. So can someone explain? I want to know how the GDT is supposed to help me as an Admin on a server.

Vulcan 12-06-2009 02:14 AM

Right now the GDT is nothing more than a glorified think tank and will continue to only be that until Bell puts in place some sort of leadership structure so that jobs can be properly assigned and pushed down the chain of command.

Matt 12-06-2009 02:16 AM

GDT is just to identify quality developers, in my eyes. I remember a few threads months ago that the GDT could work on, but haven't seen any major projects be started. I mean there's the Polling System, and the website revamping being worked on by a select few, but i doubt either of those will be a complete success.

I think i noticed only 3 of the GDT roles being fulfilled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 1542776)
Right now the GDT is nothing more than a glorified think tank and will continue to only be that until Bell puts in place some sort of leadership structure so that jobs can be properly assigned and pushed down the chain of command.

This was posted while i was typing everything before this, but that's what i wanted to hear and sort of figured. I hope that's taken care of soon.

LordSquirt 12-06-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 1542776)

Oh, thanks for clearing it up for me. Lets hope that you get it up and functional then Vulcan. ^^