Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Level Tutorial! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44289)

funnylinkwantsbomys 04-22-2003 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by konidias
It's quite a nice tutorial, but then, it's only a level, and there's nothing spectacular about a normal outside level. You have rocks, bushes, paths, trees.... I mean anyone can do that given the practice. What Graal really needs, is a good tutorial on how to make towns and villages. Since that's where most people really screw up. They either creative insane houses that make no sense and barely look like houses, or they use ugly pathways like carpet tiles and stuff... I wanna see a nice town level where the paths aren't all crazy and they aren't all perfectly straight... just a good town level.
i hate when servers only have what spanky posted :(* its like trying to run through a forest

Waltz5 04-22-2003 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by funnylinkwantsbomys
i hate when servers only have what spanky posted :(* its like trying to run through a forest
Definately.

They are very nice to look at, but most of the time you have to be practical and think of the players walking through them.

PrinceDark 04-22-2003 07:30 AM

Those levels are very nice, and I don't think it's a problem to walk through just as long as blocking objects like rocks and mushrooms are kept out of the way.
With levels like these it makes it easier for newbies to get away from pkers. A pker can chase ya and then you can easily jump behind a cliff or tree and slash at them or stop and go in the other direction while they try to predict what direction you're going in. You can easily lose them to give you enough time to warp away also.

Very nice tutorial. I hope to see one done on inside levels.
:)

Spark910 04-25-2003 03:15 PM

One server I was on, cant rmember which, had a PK area, and the level had random mushrooms and small rocks, which is stupid, as it blocks you.

Knuckles 05-03-2003 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by konidias
It's quite a nice tutorial, but then, it's only a level, and there's nothing spectacular about a normal outside level. You have rocks, bushes, paths, trees.... I mean anyone can do that given the practice. What Graal really needs, is a good tutorial on how to make towns and villages. Since that's where most people really screw up. They either creative insane houses that make no sense and barely look like houses, or they use ugly pathways like carpet tiles and stuff... I wanna see a nice town level where the paths aren't all crazy and they aren't all perfectly straight... just a good town level.
Amen...

All the levels are starting to look the same to me now...

Cliffs, more cliffs, dirt, water, and bushes.. WOW! =o

Azrael528 05-03-2003 07:41 AM

Yea its bad...as in not good, but the level was pretty though good job spanky and other guy gori i think was his name.

TripleE 06-07-2003 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spark910
One server I was on, cant rmember which, had a PK area, and the level had random mushrooms and small rocks, which is stupid, as it blocks you.
Atlantis,Gaia,Galtheia(sp)

protagonist 06-21-2003 04:14 AM

Houses are not easy to make if you are trying to make them unique.

TripleE 06-21-2003 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by protagonist
Houses are not easy to make if you are trying to make them unique.
That shows you cant be creative

protagonist 06-21-2003 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TripleE

That shows you cant be creative

No, it shows that I'm truthful. Alot of houses have been done, it's difficult to find a nice looking house that is unique.

Eric_1337 06-21-2003 05:02 AM

You people are stupid. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You can't teach creative, so stop complaining that we need better houses or whatever you're trying to say.

The MAIN problem is level makers aren't very familur with the default tileset. It's not that people don't have good ideas, but they either can't make it with this tileset because of the extreme limitations it holds, or they have to clue where to find the tiles to make it.

You think all you see is cliffs, but I'm sorry, not many people can make them well.

protagonist 06-21-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric_1337
You people are stupid. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You can't teach creative, so stop complaining that we need better houses or whatever you're trying to say.

The MAIN problem is level makers aren't very familur with the default tileset. It's not that people don't have good ideas, but they either can't make it with this tileset because of the extreme limitations it holds, or they have to clue where to find the tiles to make it.

You think all you see is cliffs, but I'm sorry, not many people can make them well.

I'm sorry, but your levels are underdetailed.
You can't teach creative, no, but you can inspire.

YoungTwist 06-23-2003 07:11 PM

This is nice for ****ies trying to build. But some people need to learn how to make it 1st before makeing the wall bigger. Some people dont know how to make tress connecting and we need some Tutorials that can teach these people how to make stuff. I had to learn on my own and get tips from people. At first i didnt even know we could build levels till Aeryn *Old Manager of Bravo Online* showed my brother MD and MD showed me. Now i build levels and MD scripts. :D

Crono 06-29-2003 12:55 AM

Yes, the level looks good and all but too many LATS are taking it, making it a "style" as in a new graal generation level type, and slapping it all over the player world and I'm personally sick of it because I don't WANT to do my levels that way and yet so many people are converting to this style that it's making the older versions look bad. Sure, the level looks good, but when a player worlds slaps up every level like that and expects players to be able to actually have room to walk around and make houses, it gets lame.

ApeHex 07-31-2003 11:20 AM

levels

I agree with Eric, everything he posts on these forums I agree with him. My years playing graal and being a LAT myself I still dont know where some tiles are.