Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

ff7chocoboknight 06-20-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayne_graal (Post 1697818)
mine said it couldn't find the filenamecache.

Don't try Gonstruct until you can use the default editor.

Bayne_graal 06-20-2012 05:56 PM

alright i got it working i just need to put in the tileset it's empty.

Devil_Lord2 06-22-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight (Post 1697833)
Don't try Gonstruct until you can use the default editor.

I'm on a Mac and therefore cannot use the default editor.
They should make an editor for the Mac, that does not need the testing of the default to use, as stated prior to this message.

Jesusxd96 06-23-2012 02:07 AM

Well actually maybe About the Mac, they could Port gonstruct to the iPad, and make it like some ringtone apps, that store your tone, but you need to conect it to a PC to get your levels on the server

cbk1994 06-23-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesusxd96 (Post 1698142)
Well actually maybe About the Mac, they could Port gonstruct to the iPad, and make it like some ringtone apps, that store your tone, but you need to conect it to a PC to get your levels on the server

Uh, why would I want a level editor on my iPad? Porting Gonstruct to Objective-C would be a huge task, too.

Loriel 06-25-2012 10:39 PM

Isn't Objective-C++ a thing

Loriel 06-25-2012 10:43 PM

All development is halted until someone sends me a free ipad to test on, though

scriptless 06-26-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698413)
All development is halted until someone sends me a free ipad to test on, though

I could have sworn the SDK included a iPhone or iPad simulator. Tho I remember needing a mac to run xcode and having to pay a developer fee of $99.

Would link to apple's website but not sure if I'm allowed to post external links here.

Loriel 06-30-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1698483)
I could have sworn the SDK included a iPhone or iPad simulator. Tho I remember needing a mac to run xcode and having to pay a developer fee of $99.

Would link to apple's website but not sure if I'm allowed to post external links here.

Don't bother, I wasn't being entirely serious.

I don't really have any desire to continue working on gonstruct. It's been a while since I was personally invested in editing levels, and at least I was hoping that someone else from the graal community might jump on the project and keep it going and was rather disappointed that no one did, though I don't know how fry feels about it.

Cripes, it's been a while.

Loriel 06-30-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1696304)
Any suggestions?

You did get that sorted out, right? Short of some bizarre bugs, this would mean that you somehow set D:\ as your graal directory and gonstruct is trying to index your recycle bin. While that error is definitely something we should be handling, you can probably avoid it if you nuke your probably gonstruct settings and choose a small graal directory the next time.

xXziroXx 06-30-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698682)
Don't bother, I wasn't being entirely serious.

I don't really have any desire to continue working on gonstruct. It's been a while since I was personally invested in editing levels, and at least I was hoping that someone else from the graal community might jump on the project and keep it going and was rather disappointed that no one did, though I don't know how fry feels about it.

Cripes, it's been a while.

Me and Mallard (DrakilorP2P) tried, but it turns out it's 99.9% impossible to compile on Windows.

Loriel 06-30-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1698684)
Me and Mallard (DrakilorP2P) tried, but it turns out it's 99.9% impossible to compile on Windows.

Out of curiosity (I haven't done any programming on Windows years), what's the hurdles? Getting gtkmm and boost setup?

scriptless 06-30-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698686)
Out of curiosity (I haven't done any programming on Windows years), what's the hurdles? Getting gtkmm and boost setup?

I remember having difficulties installing boost before on windows. Sadly I no longer have my linux partition as my hard drive stopped working on me.. =/ And I needed windows for certain things that wine just wasnt capable of doing and I didnt have the time to setup a VM workstation..

xXziroXx 06-30-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698686)

I think the main problem was getting boost to work, I can't remember for sure. There were so many different errors, and whenever we solved one thing, another problem arose. Just following the instructions you/fry left definitely does not work.

Loriel 07-01-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698683)
You did get that sorted out, right? Short of some bizarre bugs, this would mean that you somehow set D:\ as your graal directory and gonstruct is trying to index your recycle bin. While that error is definitely something we should be handling, you can probably avoid it if you nuke your probably gonstruct settings and choose a small graal directory the next time.

I tried fixing that bug by just swallowing all the filesystem errors from inaccessible directories etc and found a bug in boost in the process. Welp!

I pushed the code but I haven't tested it since I don't exactly have a graal directory to test with anymore. If you wanna compile it from the repository, good luck!