Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Scripting Engine (GS2) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Scripted RC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73833)

cbk1994 07-10-2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1586814)
I've noticed that occasionally when the first tab in the script editor opens up, the scrollbar may only allow you to scroll down to a certain point (I estimate around 30-40 lines) and you have to open a second tab, close the first, (Optionally close the second) reopen the one you originally wanted to edit before the scrollbar will allow you to go right to the end of the script.

Using CTRL + End, you are able to make the cursor go to the bottom, though you cannot see it. The bottom visible line is line 59 and doesn't allow you to scroll any lower unless you do the above mentioned actions.

Does resizing the window fix it?

TSAdmin 07-10-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1586821)
Does resizing the window fix it?

Yes, it does.

Skyld 07-10-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1586849)
Yes, it does.

It's just because the control is initialised with a fixed size, I'll add some code to resize it to match the text.

Skyld 07-10-2010 08:41 PM

More features added today:
  • Find/replace in the Script Editor, which allows you to search scripts and replace text in the currently selected tab.
  • Edit as Text has been added to the file browser.
These new changes require the latest v6 beta to work (version 5.257 or later). The latest Mac beta is uploaded right now for testers and I think a Windows version is following shortly.

Loriel 07-20-2010 11:32 PM

It would be cool if the huge scripts list would not immediately try to load a script just because I click its name in order to focus the list so I can start a type-ahead search which should, incidentally, also work. Also when I am not scrolled all the way up, mouseovering entries in the huge lists seems to force them to be re-rendered in a slightly different position than scrolling renders them at. The script window itself seems not entirely certain where to render its tabs, and occasionally half-overwrites the top couple of pixels of the text area with a half-rendered tab bar.

I am using the blue theme, fwiw.

Loriel 07-21-2010 12:02 AM

• When the chat input bar gets focus it should immediately go to the phase of the animation in which the cursor is visible instead of leaving me hanging and wondering whether it really has focus for a second!
  • The popup menu for rightclicking players on the playerlist is not actually a window, that makes it close to useless with a reasonably sized playerlist window. Also scrolling it makes the surrounding parts of the playerlist render in slightly the wrong place, too.
  • When the game is minimized or whatever there is no indication of incoming PMs.

Admins 07-21-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1588776)
  • When the game is minimized or whatever there is no indication of incoming PMs.

On Linux?

WhiteDragon 07-21-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1588926)
On Linux?

You could always interface with libnotify if it's on the system. That'd be neat.

Loriel 07-21-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1588926)
On Linux?

Yeah.

oo_jazz_oo 07-24-2010 11:04 PM

When I detach a tab in the script editor, it adds blank lines between every line in the script.

So, the scripts lines literally double. A script like

PHP Code:

function onCreated() {
  echo(
"Hello!");

then becomes
PHP Code:

function onCreated() {

echo(
"Hello!");

So, if you were to update the script after detaching...you would have a lot of blank lines. XD

devilsknite1 07-25-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1589435)
When I detach a tab in the script editor, it adds blank lines between every line in the script.

So, the scripts lines literally double. A script like

PHP Code:

function onCreated() {
  echo(
"Hello!");

then becomes
PHP Code:

function onCreated() {

echo(
"Hello!");

So, if you were to update the script after detaching...you would have a lot of blank lines. XD

Why script with this RC anyways? XD

oo_jazz_oo 07-25-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsknite1 (Post 1589488)

Because NC on UN takes forever to load and if I want to quickly edit a script...

Also, getting used to it when we are forced to use client rc.

TSAdmin 07-25-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsknite1 (Post 1589488)

Because it's intended to take the place of the external RC.

cbk1994 07-25-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1589498)
Because it's intended to take the place of the external RC.

And it does a very ****ty job of it.

oo_jazz_oo 07-25-2010 09:29 AM

If the client rc doesn't perfectly replicate external rc by the time we are forced to use it...I seriously don't know if I can script with it.

Maybe if I use notepad+ and just import the scripts....