Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Graal v4 Bugs - For Stefan/testers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58740)

VulcanP2P 06-05-2005 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you put too much text in your in-game chat you will get a error and Gv4 crashes. This is a screenshot of what error I got.

EDIT: Contiga got the following error Access violation at address 1011F9B8 in module 'GraalEngine.dll'. Read of address 78787880.

Fry 06-05-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanP2P
If you put too much text in your in-game chat you will get a error and Gv4 crashes. This is a screenshot of what error I got.

EDIT: Contiga got the following error Access violation at address 1011F9B8 in module 'GraalEngine.dll'. Read of address 78787880.

Can't reproduce that, it won't let me input more than n chars in the chat bar, and it doesn't crash here when I press return. Guess others need to try that too.

Rick 06-05-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xManiamaNx
The text fields on the F5 Load Level screen can be edited. Perhaps add a Send button and have it warp the player if they have sufficient rights?

Rescript it. :cool:

VulcanP2P 06-05-2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry
Can't reproduce that, it won't let me input more than n chars in the chat bar, and it doesn't crash here when I press return. Guess others need to try that too.

Try to paste text in there and it does it ;]

Fry 06-06-2005 02:26 PM

I see, yeah, it just crashes here, without an error message.

calani 06-07-2005 04:37 AM

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I've been having some problems with GK on v4. on v2 (and v3?) hotkeys with num* and 8 were identical, same with num0 and 0, num- and -, etc. However, on v4, these do not work. Apparently they're separate?
Plus, the backspace/delete key don't seem to work.

VulcanP2P 06-07-2005 04:43 AM

If you start graal and have a name in the nickname spot then log onto a server set your name to something else then connect to another server using F8 your name will be what you entered when you started Graal.

CheeToS2 06-07-2005 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanP2P
Heres a screenshot of the error I get when I close my laptop and it hibernates, then I come back later and open it. Once it boots this error shows. I'm thinking its similar to the win+L error as well...

Does this happen in v2? If not, can some other people verify it?

CheeToS2 06-07-2005 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calani
Don't know if this has already been posted, but I've been having some problems with GK on v4. on v2 (and v3?) hotkeys with num* and 8 were identical, same with num0 and 0, num- and -, etc. However, on v4, these do not work. Apparently they're separate?
Plus, the backspace/delete key don't seem to work.

You can get the same values for the numpad as you get for the keyboard if you use keycode(#p(1)), but you are right, #p(0) returns a different value. Should this be changed? There is a simple workaround, and the different values for the numpad could let people assign different features to them. I'd like other people's input on this.

EDIT: Rick has reminded me that laptops don't have numpads, but you can use numpad buttons with a special key combination; please consider that fact when making your decision :)

VulcanP2P 06-07-2005 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeToS2
Does this happen in v2? If not, can some other people verify it?

No, this does not happen in Gv2.

calani 06-07-2005 05:56 AM

Quote:

You can get the same values for the numpad as you get for the keyboard if you use keycode(#p(1)), but you are right, #p(0) returns a different value. Should this be changed? There is a simple workaround, and the different values for the numpad could let people assign different features to them. I'd like other people's input on this.

I actually like this feature; however, the backspace/delete bug on GK is getting quite annoying, as its now impossible to unassign a hotkey without using v2.

CheeToS2 06-07-2005 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calani
I actually like this feature; however, the backspace/delete bug on GK is getting quite annoying, as its now impossible to unassign a hotkey without using v2.

v4 returns the same values for backspace, and v2 doesn't return anything for delete, so I am guessing this isn't a problem with keypressed. I can't look at the scripts on GK, so I can't be exactly sure what's causing the problem. I'll add it to the list, though.

EDIT: The delete key is working on Graal2002 Debug, but not on GK. I'll try and figure out what the problem is if I have time.

calani 06-07-2005 08:13 AM

Danke ce CheeToS2

HoudiniMan 06-07-2005 09:02 AM

Quote:

EDIT: Rick has reminded me that laptops don't have numpads, but you can use numpad buttons with a special key combination; please consider that fact when making your decision :)

I believe the feature should be made available, yes, but that users of the feature should be responsible and make it toggle/change in their scripts to allow for laptop users to avoid hassle.

Fry 06-09-2005 04:56 PM

GS2 is having problems with float values, atleast in showtextn wraptext2 (clientside) and setlevel2 (serverside) (these are just the ones I tried), it always converts them to integers.